The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #26
Kibo
Side-Kick

Default Re: Missing/Deleted Scenes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmick View Post
Nope. The watch scene effectively replaces that whole prior aspect of the party.
Agreed. In fact, he shows up to the party in armor and hammered. The scene with scarlet and the gauntlet show him unsuited and no where near as drunk.

Kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #27
Kibo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post
I just think that the initial scene between Pepper and Iron Man in the plan where she kisses the helmet was cut was due to the fact that the whole film sort of builds up to these two finally getting together. With that scene reintroducing the two characters, it gives the implication that these two are already in the relationship that the whole film leads to.
Favreau stated that it was changed because they wanted the first appearance of Tony to be as he de-suits at the Expo. "It's good to be back" is just as much a line to the people there as it is to the audience of the movie, just like Rhodey's first comment in the senate.

Kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:51 AM   #28
bullets
bang bang

After seeing this movie a couple of times I finally see why the two scenes from the trailer were cut . The scene with ScarJo really didn't fit her character.

bullets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:34 AM   #29
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I didn't mind that the "You complete me." scene was gone. First as mentioned above, it fits better with seeing Tony for the first time, secondly, boosting down, without a helmet, with fireworks going off around him, would probaly be a tad dangerous. Not to mention that I doubt he could've spotted his helmet at all with all the fireworks and the Expo and city lights below him. Also, wouldn't the helmet be required to properly navigate his suit?

Nathan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:45 AM   #30
Ipodman
Love Tension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I didn't mind that the "You complete me." scene was gone. First as mentioned above, it fits better with seeing Tony for the first time, secondly, boosting down, without a helmet, with fireworks going off around him, would probaly be a tad dangerous. Not to mention that I doubt he could've spotted his helmet at all with all the fireworks and the Expo and city lights below him. Also, wouldn't the helmet be required to properly navigate his suit?
Well he planned the jump, so he probably knew where to land if he had been attending rehearsals. But yea the helmet on would have made the scene cooler

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #31
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
After seeing this movie a couple of times I finally see why the two scenes from the trailer were cut . The scene with ScarJo really didn't fit her character.
Prescisely. Otherwise you'd just assume that she's all in favor of what Tony ended up doing at the party. But BW's not a party girl. Tony asked her advice about what she would do if it was her last birthday and she tells him she'd do whatever she wanted to do with whoever she wanted to do it with. That's more vague and can't really be seen as a full on endorsement to get liquored up and play around with a weapon of mass destruction and generally act like a jack ass.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:33 AM   #32
Rac
Deadite

There was a scene in one of the trailers where Rhodes looks kind of sad and Natasha is standing behind him. I'm not sure was that in the finished film.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #33
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Did anyone notice that Tony doesn't say "It's getting there" when Natasha asks him if the drink is dirty enough for him? The scene is still there, but the reply is different.

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #34
drax
Banned User

Favreau talk about the missing scenes and the decision to delete them:

http://**************.com/fansites/j.../news/?a=17833

drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #35
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

I didn't stay until the end credits because the theater usher looked like he wanted everybody out but is there a last scene after the end credits?

Old 05-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #36
Superhero 101
DESI

you know what they could have done for the "you complete me line " is that after the Senator gives Rhodey and Stark the medal Tony could have re-opened Stark Expo and the editing team could have re-used that scene with Pepper and Tony in the Hangar.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #37
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
My favorite two moments of the trailer were not in the film:
I'll say my thoughts on why I'm glad they were taken out of the theatrical cut...

Quote:
1) Pepper kissing his mask and throwing it out before Tony says, "You complete me."
I think Fav said it best when he mentioned that the first time we see Tony should be when he was getting de-suited and says "It's good to be back". Fav wanted that, and I think the fans deserved that just because Iron Man was a home-run out of left field when a lot of people thought the movie was going to be terrible. And also, it would've been too much of a parallel with Pepper and Tony kissing at the end. Parallels are really just for psychological thrillers, not comic-book adaptations, imo.

And also, the helmet being tossed around didn't make any sense at all as it should be a part of the suit, not by itself.

Quote:
2) ScarJo firing his glove.
As seen in the first film, the glove needs to be working alongside Tony's arc reactor for it to fire its repulsor rays. That again, would've made no sense.

And plus, even though there was a little flirtation between Natalie and Tony, I think that would've been too far. And also, just destroy the budding romance of Tony and Pepper. Again, in my opinion.

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #38
Ipodman
Love Tension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I didn't stay until the end credits because the theater usher looked like he wanted everybody out but is there a last scene after the end credits?
You missed the best part of seeing this movie

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #39
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Well, at least better than the second Whiplash battle.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #40
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post
I think Fav said it best when he mentioned that the first time we see Tony should be when he was getting de-suited and says "It's good to be back". Fav wanted that, and I think the fans deserved that just because Iron Man was a home-run out of left field when a lot of people thought the movie was going to be terrible. And also, it would've been too much of a parallel with Pepper and Tony kissing at the end. Parallels are really just for psychological thrillers, not comic-book adaptations, imo.

And also, the helmet being tossed around didn't make any sense at all as it should be a part of the suit, not by itself.
Tony was able to do a couple things without the helmet in the first movie.

Also, while I'm glad the scene left. I think more than anything it sort of would've ruined the momentum of Tony and Pepper getting together and kissing at the end. I think the helmet kiss already implies that they are involved and together.

Quote:
As seen in the first film, the glove needs to be working alongside Tony's arc reactor for it to fire its repulsor rays. That again, would've made no sense.
Were the gloves connected to the reactor when he was in his lab and just started shooting the glass walls? Also, if you look at the image, THERE ARE WIRES FROM THE GLOVES ON BLACK WIDOW'S ARM to Tony's reactor. So that's not really a valid excuse.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #41
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
You missed the best part of seeing this movie
it was pretty cool, evne though i jsut youtubed the post credits scene

i avent seen the movie yet, but at least i know now my favorite trailer scene was cut,
"give me a kiss for luck"
*pepper kisses the helmet as Tony stares before he throws it out the back*
"You complete me!"

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #42
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

wasn't there a line in the trailer about LSD, Potato Chips and Microwaves or something? I don't recall that being in the movie...

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #43
Sundancer
Cynicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Agent Coulson arrives in New Mexico and reports...don't remember what he says exactly, but there's in impact crater and a shot of Mjolnir stuck in the ground.

I don't think many people at my showing got the reference.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #44
sabetoonth
Who?

ill definalty be getting the DVD to see everything so, yeah
ill be able to see and determine which scenes i like better lol

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 05-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #45
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Tony was able to do a couple things without the helmet in the first movie.
Name them. I don't remember Tony doing anything with the helmet unattached to the suit. If you're regarding Mark II, then that's a different story, because it was only a prototype suit.

Quote:
Were the gloves connected to the reactor when he was in his lab and just started shooting the glass walls?
It was only his right glove. And yes it was.

Quote:
Also, if you look at the image, THERE ARE WIRES FROM THE GLOVES ON BLACK WIDOW'S ARM to Tony's reactor. So that's not really a valid excuse.
Could someone post the picture up on here? I don't think I saw wires anyother time I saw the picture of Natalie using the glove.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #46
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

In the first movie after he lost his helmet and Iron Monger started shooting at him he was able to pop a deflector/guard device from his wrist gauntlet sans helmet.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #47
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

He had to take the helmet off forcefully because his power was running low, as when he did the same after he saved Pepper in IM2. That still doesn't disprove my opinions on why I'm glad that scene wasn't in it.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #48
Scorpion Soldier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
In the first movie after he lost his helmet and Iron Monger started shooting at him he was able to pop a deflector/guard device from his wrist gauntlet sans helmet.
That's not really the same thing as flying in the middle of the air chasing a helmet.

Scorpion Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #49
sabetoonth
Who?

^that is true, but that scene was cool IMO, i would have like them to keep it in

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 05-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #50
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Agent Coulson arrives in New Mexico and reports...don't remember what he says exactly, but there's in impact crater and a shot of Mjolnir stuck in the ground.

I don't think many people at my showing got the reference.
Probably the same thing happened with Nick Fury in the movie and the average viewer not having seen the post credit scene from the first movie.

They were thinking "what's Samuel Jackson doing here?"