The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #51
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Default Re: Missing/Deleted Scenes Thread

I'm surprised at the number of people who stuck around for the post-credits scene. Pretty much half of the full screening room stuck around. What's more, I was surprised that everyone seemed to know what they were seeing. I ws taken aback at some of the stereotypical, hardcore, ghetto-looking types who totally geeked out over Thor's hammer, calling it by name. Guess you can't judge a book by it's cover...

Old 05-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #52
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I'm glad that was cut after having watched the movie. She's a pretty serious, all business kind of woman. Which is of course because she's sent there to watch over him.
Agreed.

I'm also glad they cut out the techball part. It sounds a bit meh, plus its too early for Stark to get such an advanced suit. That techball sounds a lot like extremis which has metal plates similar to Batman's memory cloth cape (they go soft if there is no current through them).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
In advance to my report about cut scenes:
That last pic is weird because its the Mark VI with its proper paintjob which we never see in the movie. I guess they changed their minds and decided to go with the supposedly half painted one with the silver parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post
I just think that the initial scene between Pepper and Iron Man in the plan where she kisses the helmet was cut was due to the fact that the whole film sort of builds up to these two finally getting together. With that scene reintroducing the two characters, it gives the implication that these two are already in the relationship that the whole film leads to.
Good point!

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #53
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Favreau stated that it was changed because they wanted the first appearance of Tony to be as he de-suits at the Expo. "It's good to be back" is just as much a line to the people there as it is to the audience of the movie, just like Rhodey's first comment in the senate.
With that in mind i prefer it this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I didn't mind that the "You complete me." scene was gone. First as mentioned above, it fits better with seeing Tony for the first time, secondly, boosting down, without a helmet, with fireworks going off around him, would probaly be a tad dangerous. Not to mention that I doubt he could've spotted his helmet at all with all the fireworks and the Expo and city lights below him. Also, wouldn't the helmet be required to properly navigate his suit?
Yeah, i was wondering how the hell he was going to find his helmet in the middle of the night while falling from a plane. There is a big chance it would have come off retarded.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:10 AM   #54
Mr. Earle
Banned User

edit

Last edited by Mr. Earle; 05-14-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #55
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting

Well we'll definately see them on DVD

Old 05-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #56
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

This is so funny)

RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #57
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

why did favs cut that one?!?!?

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #58
Spectacular23
Future New Yorker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
This is so funny)
LMAO hilarious.

Spectacular23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #59
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5vqwb3Zcoc

this video has images of cut videos...
i wonder wat stark is looking at when he says "o yaa"
i cant w8 for the dvd version to watch the uncut version..

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #60
donko

Off topic

A scene that I really enjoyed was at the beginning of the movie when he jumps out the cargo plane. Did anyone notice that he got hit by a firework shell?

I thought that was pretty funny and cool at the same time.

donko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #61
echostation
Banned User

Scarlett wearing the repulsor... ooohhh so hot... want to lick arm!

echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #62
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post

He's got the new arc light in his chest, so it must be right after he put it in. I'm guessing that scene was extended, and Stark got a look at the Mark VI suit.

If that's the case, I can't understand why it would be cut.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:28 AM   #63
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post

Was that shot of the CG wireframe blueprint of the armor in the movie? I don't remember that in there.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #64
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Was that shot of the CG wireframe blueprint of the armor in the movie? I don't remember that in there.
no, it was not in the movie...
looks like there is more armor building scenes...
Favs should have kept the cut scenes, this movie would have a lot better...(especially if he places the "you complete me" scene at the end)

Old 05-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #65
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, it wasn't and it's too bad that we didn't see Tony build the Mark VI. My friends all were like "What the ****?", when he arrived at the Stark Expo in it.

Jostru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:20 AM   #66
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Eh, I don't think it's a big deal that we didn't see him build it.

Jarvis seems to do most of it for him anyway.

Also the YOU COMPLETE ME scene was part of the Stark Expo entrance, it would not have worked at the end. Another scene that was cut was Tony cozying up with Black Widow and her shooting the repulsor gloves. That was taken out and changed because people didn't want to see Tony messing around with other women.

Listen guys, I know you always want more stuff, but a lot of times deleted scenes are deleted for a reason.

- CM Punk
Old 05-20-2010, 03:34 AM   #67
lespaul59
Side-Kick

Quote:

Also the YOU COMPLETE ME scene was part of the Stark Expo entrance, it would not have worked at the end. Another scene that was cut was Tony cozying up with Black Widow and her shooting the repulsor gloves. That was taken out and changed because people didn't want to see Tony messing around with other women.

Listen guys, I know you always want more stuff, but a lot of times deleted scenes are deleted for a reason.
I think showing the armor being built would have slowed the building of the climax and would have seemed out of place. I agree with the part about Tony messing around with other women. Also I don't remember seeing this mentioned nor do I remember it in the movie, which doesn't mean it wasn't on both accounts. What about the can I have one scene? I could just be having a duh moment.

lespaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #68
marvelman2006
Banned User

I just thought of something, the deleted scene with tony saying you complete me would have made the scene make more logical sense. I mean why would ironman have to be air dropped in when he can fly from home? it wouldnt have been so noticable if pepper was there to toss the helmet.

marvelman2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #69
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

maybe he was ariving from a busness appointment as stark

Old 05-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #70
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:

the COMPLETE ME scene would have worked in the end, if stark jumped of the plane(with the helmet) and joins war machine with the overview of Stark expo reconstruction and they do some aerial stunt...

Old 05-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #71
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelman2006 View Post
I just thought of something, the deleted scene with tony saying you complete me would have made the scene make more logical sense. I mean why would ironman have to be air dropped in when he can fly from home? it wouldnt have been so noticable if pepper was there to toss the helmet.
The novelization says Tony has modified the plane with Repulsor Ray technology, so, it actually flies faster than the Iron Man armor.

And I don't think we'd see Mark VI actually being built. If you watch the Featture Trailer again, you'll see a scene of Tony adding the triangular reactor and making other modifications on an Iron Man holographic sketch right after he rediscovers the new element. I believe the scene would actually go like this:

Tony rediscovers the new element.

He adds it to an Iron Man armor, alongside some other modifications and tells Jarvis to build it.

While Mark VI is being assembled, Tony builds the Particle Accelerator and energizes the new element.

After he receives the call from Vanko, he asks Jarvis to show him the Mark VI status. It's nearly finished. All its missing is to finish the painting of the arms and legs. Tony sees it and says "Oh, yeah". Decides to paint the rest latter.

But that's just my guess.

And the "I want one" scene with Tony and Pepper was in it.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #72
marvelman2006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
The novelization says Tony has modified the plane with Repulsor Ray technology, so, it actually flies faster than the Iron Man armor.

And I don't think we'd see Mark VI actually being built. If you watch the Featture Trailer again, you'll see a scene of Tony adding the triangular reactor and making other modifications on an Iron Man holographic sketch right after he rediscovers the new element. I believe the scene would actually go like this:

Tony rediscovers the new element.

He adds it to an Iron Man armor, alongside some other modifications and tells Jarvis to build it.

While Mark VI is being assembled, Tony builds the Particle Accelerator and energizes the new element.

After he receives the call from Vanko, he asks Jarvis to show him the Mark VI status. It's nearly finished. All its missing is to finish the painting of the arms and legs. Tony sees it and says "Oh, yeah". Decides to paint the rest latter.

But that's just my guess.

And the "I want one" scene with Tony and Pepper was in it.
Im not being mean or an A-hole by any stretch but most people I know dont read the books that accompany movies so stuff like that shouldnt have to be researched to get a better understanding. It should all be there, ya know.

marvelman2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #73
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

sometimes in writing movie novelizations the script gets rewritten while the book is in production so certatin scenes that are in the book arent inthe finished film dueto the re write

Old 05-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #74
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Agreed but i'll be disappointed if there are any deleted scenes with Rourke. He was definitely someone who needed more screentime.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:01 AM   #75
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah yeah yeah. Just like Doc Ock in Spider-man 2. But for the story I'm not sure how much more they could've stuck in with Rourke. Except maybe him having a meeting with the Ten Rings about Tony Stark that could've hinted more at the Mandarin.

- CM Punk