The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #76
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn offered X-Men: First Class

2011??? Looks like Fox is banking on a flop. Can't wait for Wolverine 2 to stake claim in the middle of 2012 too. X-Men is heading back to Marvel soon enough peeps...

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #77
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The fact that they are going to rush this out in 13 months indicates where the film's quality ranks in their minds

They just wanted a 2011 tentpole
Was Fox asleep after or something? They have nothing for summer 2011 other than they just announced X-Men movie, I'm sensing some rushed crappy films getting greenlighted this summer. I wonder what Sony is going to do since they're light as well go with Ghostbusters 3 or rush something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
They'll just have to film the FX heavy scenes first. Vaughn is a capable director though. He bailed on X3 because of Fox's rushed production plans. He wouldn't have signed for First Class if he knew he wouldn't be able to make it.
We'll see if he doesn't bail in a few weeks. August might be even a better time to release it. Gives the crew two more months and less competition.

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #78
Octoberist
point blank

well no, if Fox keep on making movies, then it won't go back to Marvel anytime soon unless Marvel takes legal action.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #79
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
2011??? Looks like Fox is banking on a flop. Can't wait for Wolverine 2 to stake claim in the middle of 2012 too. X-Men is heading back to Marvel soon enough peeps...
Logic fail 1: Fox wouldn't be making it if they thought it would flop.

Logic fail 2: With Fox starting a new X-Men trilogy and Wolverine possibly finishing his own, it doesn't look like Disney will be getting the X-Men before 2020. Keep wishful thinking though

Last edited by Electrix; 05-04-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #80
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3

This is fantastic news with Vaughn at the helm, I just hope he doesn't bail a few weeks before filming and we got Ratner back...yikes! lol. But, honestly, this is good news and even with the somewhat short production schedule, I'm finally really looking forward to an X-Men film again. Sweet.

Downhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #81
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Logic fail 1: Fox wouldn't be making it if they thought it would flop.

Logic fail 2: With Fox starting a new X-Men trilogy and Wolverine possibly finishing his own, it doesn't look like Disney will be getting the X-Men before 2020. Keep wishful thinking though
If they want any semblance of a movie, there is no way they are making that date. Unless they cast everybody by the end of May and start filming in 2 months tops, it will be X-3's time table at best. If Vaughn wants to keep his sanity, they will go to December. I think Narnia will make good money for them in 2010 and we all know how Avatar did. They will substitute X-Men the following December.

As it stands now, releasing X-Men movies in summer 2011/2012 is an automatic flop. That's all there is too it. I can't guarantee failure if they go Holiday or Spring. Or unless they get the films done with an X-1 type budget.

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 05-04-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #82
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or unless they get the films done with an X-1 type budget.
If they hire a fresh new cheap cast, they just might. They'll probably hire two 30 something actors with at least some name recognition for Xavier/Magneto. The teens will be cheap as hell compared to Hugh Jackman/Halle Berry.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #83
BMM
Side-Kick

Jesus. Sources weren't kidding when they said Fox wanted First Class now. I wasn't even sure we would hear confirmation of a director, let alone a release date. June 3, 2011!?! They had better get the ball rolling.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #84
batman44
Go Speed GO

I'm glad Vaughn is directing this and all, but my goodness...Fox is really rushing this thing. They'll need to have this movie cast in like two weeks. lol

BTW is this movie a prequel, reboot, or preboot?

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #85
I_am_iron_man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nah, u know...Jamie Moss' (and Singer) script is done, pratically. They have a director (Vaughn) already set. The cast? I think that some actors are from Wolverine (Young Cyclops, Emma Frost) and maybe they use Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen de-aged...Also, if they recast them...Well, from now to june they have cast them all and in summer they can begins production.

It's not absurd. I remember in Christmas 2005 they still shooting The Last Stand for a relase date in May 2006. So...It's not impossible.

I_am_iron_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #86
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
If they hire a fresh new cheap cast, they just might. They'll probably hire two 30 something actors with at least some name recognition for Xavier/Magneto. The teens will be cheap as hell compared to Hugh Jackman/Halle Berry.
I guess... McLovin for Cyke. Chloe for Kitty. Johnson as Hank. Kick-Ass budget would be in the realm of possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_iron_man View Post
Nah, u know...Jamie Moss' (and Singer) script is done, pratically. They have a director (Vaughn) already set. The cast? I think that some actors are from Wolverine (Young Cyclops, Emma Frost) and maybe they use Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen de-aged...Also, if they recast them...Well, from now to june they have cast them all and in summer they can begins production.

It's not absurd. I remember in Christmas 2005 they still shooting The Last Stand for a relase date in May 2006. So...It's not impossible.
Exactly... it was TLS... plus we don't even know if those kids can act. What did they have like two lines in Origins? You think Vaughn is going to blindly cast them without staging some auditions? It takes time. Even I have to give Fox more credit than this. I think they are just staking out a release this early to show Hollywood that they are farther along than we think... only to comfortably slide into December.

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 05-04-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #87
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess... McLovin for Cyke. Chloe for Kitty. Johnson as Hank. Kick-Ass budget would be in the realm of possibility.
Vaughn made a $28 million movie look like it was made for $70 million.

Give him $125 million and he'll be sorted. He's a God among insects, don't let anyone tell you different

Old 05-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #88
Octoberist
point blank

i hope this rumor isn't true:
Quote:
For those who forget the bad decisions Fox has made with the X-Men franchise, X-Men: First Class is a prequel to the X-Men films so far. Rumor has it that Wolverine shows up, despite that breaking continuity even worse than the painfully continuity-straining X-Men Origins: Wolverine did.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/23...TOR/Page1.html

Old 05-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #89
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_iron_man View Post

Vaughn directing as good news aside, I absolutely hate the fact that this is the mentality the X-Men franchise has been reduced to. "It's not impossible." "It's serviceable." "It's good for what it is."

Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #90
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
i hope this rumor isn't true:
Might just be him snatching a boat ride to Japan. I doubt he will run into future friends.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #91
psyonic
X-Man

I hope Wolverine won't be in it because he has no place being with the team before X-Men 1. I hate that guy.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #92
Octoberist
point blank

if it's the case, then it shows how desperate they want Logan to be in the movie even if it makes no sense whatsoever. i don't know if a Wolverine cameo equals a better box office either.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #93
BMM
Side-Kick

It could, if Fox advertises it as more than just a cameo.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #94
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Think Arnold in Expendables. In the trailer with Kick-Ass, everyone was basically asleep other than most of the younger males. Arnold pops up and everyone's like, "HOLY ****"... then you hear, "probably gonna suck" 30 seconds later.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #95
bunk
superhero fan

Even with Vaughn I have zero interest in this. Reboot please.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #96
Project862006
Banned User

Heat Vision
Quote:
'X-Men: First Class' already casting?

Now that Fox has announced a June 3, 2011, date for "X-Men: First Class," which it's seeing as a J.J. Abrams "Star-Trek"-style reboot of the X-franchise, the studio is going to have to move lickity-split to get the movie shot and in postproduction if it wants to release it on time.
There is reason to believe, however, that preliminary casting may have already begun.
Bryan Singer was to have directed "First Class" but is instead focusing on "Jack the Giant Killer." But he stayed on "First Class" as a producer and is committed to being very involved in steering the movie. Singer has been meeting with young actors to star in "Giant Killer," which needs its young farmer Jack and princess, among others. The filmmaker is eyeing a summer shoot in England for the big-budget special-effects-laden retelling of the classic fairy tale.
Word among the Hollywood community is that Singer has been using "Giant Killer's" casting process as an opportunity to look for potential X-Men, vetting actors who may be qualified to play a young Cyclops or young Jean Grey.
In a way, he is casting two movies simultaneously and earning the title of multitasker of the month.

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #97
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3

Can't they just use the kid from Wolverine for Cyke, he looked the part and I'm sure he can do well with the role.

Downhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #98
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Of course they have been looking at actors. Until they have a sit down and go through the auditions one by one, it doesn't make a difference. No surprise that it is in the vein of the latest ST, and if that's the case, they can't screw up the casting or they set back the franchise another 3-4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhere View Post
Can't they just use the kid from Wolverine for Cyke, he looked the part and I'm sure he can do well with the role.
No because Xavier is probably meant to be even younger than he was in the Origins cameo, and Pocock was already 23. Emma was also 23ish. They need younger actors.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #99
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Well, the question is how far along is the script. If it's in its third or fourth draft, Vaughn could pull this off in 13th months...
Well, Fox may be guilty of rather...egregiously interfering in a lot of things during the last few years (particularly in relation to its genre productions), but I can confirm that -- as of right now, at least -- the script is not an issue. It's a story by Singer and Jamie Moss, and it's been given a once-over (already reported), some tightening up, by two dudes who did the same for Thor.

...And as you can see with the casting note, Singer is remaining as heavily involved as he can. It doesn't seem like we're just going to see a pick-and-drop of the cast of youngin's from Wolverine (despite a couple of actors' thoughts to the contrary, note that was before Singer got involved in the whole shebang).

Now what happens between this June and next June, well, we'll have to wait and see...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #100
batman44
Go Speed GO

This is funny. We'll probably hear about who will be cast in this film (that just announced it's director) before we hear about whose going to play Spider-man.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is offline   Reply With Quote