The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
Dave40
Side-Kick

Awesome Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

With the new X Men movie opening June 3 2011 its crazy to have Captain America opening at the end of the summer movie season.Next summer is going to be over saturated with Superhero movies:Thor,X Men,Green Lantern,and then Captain America??people get tired and both,Captain America and the Avengers should be delayed: Cap for May 2012 and Avengers May 2013,If not,Captain America is going to be a bomb at the Box Office.

Dave40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:55 AM   #2
elgaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

Dunno about you but I'm gonna see them all and take great pleasure in doing so.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #3
Superboy-Prime
Side-Kick

Default Re: Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

thats a horrible idea Dave40, shame on you

Superboy-Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #4
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

who's interested in x-men anyway?

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
OptimusPrime114
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
who's interested in x-men anyway?
I am BTW, shouldn't you post this on the X-Men boards?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
THE MR. TERRIFIC
HYPES KING OF COSPLAY

I'm going to LOVE 2011!!

GEEKGASM of the Century!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud48V588NRw

THE MR. TERRIFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
OB12
Side-Kick

On the contrary, I think it is First Class that should be worried. There is going to be a ton of hype for Thor, Cap, and Green Lantern. First Class is going to be a mostly unknown group of younger actors and they won't have luxury of leaning on Wolverine's popularity for the whole film (though he will probably be shoehorned in even though he has no place in the movie).

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
I am BTW, shouldn't you post this on the X-Men boards?
no, because it's a response to the first post.
there is no reason why captain america should be delayed, when the anticipation for he movie is much higher than another lame x-men spin-off movie.
as if wolverine wasn't bad enough.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
He-Man
Side-Kick

Not just crowded with Superhero movies. Plenty of sequels also. I plan on seeing all of these but would have no problem if they delayed Cap until Fall/Winter 2011 and Keep Avengers in 2012.

May 6 Thor
May 20 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
May 26 The Hangover 2
May 27 Mission: Impossible IV
Jun 3 Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom; X-Men: First Class
Jun 10 Fast Five
Jun 17 Green Lantern
Jun 24 Cars 2: World Grand Prix
Jul 1 Transformers 3
Jul 15 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II
Jul 22 Captain America

Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
Dave40
Side-Kick

Wall Re: Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
thats a horrible idea Dave40, shame on you
No,shame on you for no seeing the truth.Do you really think that after a crowded superhero movie summer,and coming at the end of the list,Captain America is going to be a big hit?.Its the start of a new franchise,and not only that,the movie needs to be a big hit ala Iron Man.Dont forget that Captain America is the leader of the Avengers.

Some dumb fan boys want to see the movie no matter what.I disagree.I really want the movie to be a big hit to see more Captain America movies.
I hope Marvel will be clever enough to move the release date,because if not,its going to be a disaster.People get tired of the same kind of movies,specially if the come together in few weeks.Next summer over saturation of Superhero movies is completely crazy.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #11
Superboy-Prime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
Not just crowded with Superhero movies. Plenty of sequels also. I plan on seeing all of these but would have no problem if they delayed Cap until Fall/Winter 2011 and Keep Avengers in 2012.

May 6 Thor
May 20 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
May 26 The Hangover 2
May 27 Mission: Impossible IV
Jun 3 Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom; X-Men: First Class
Jun 10 Fast Five
Jun 17 Green Lantern
Jun 24 Cars 2: World Grand Prix
Jul 1 Transformers 3
Jul 15 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II
Jul 22 Captain America

For me the list is:

May 6 Thor
Jun 3 X-Men: First Class
Jun 17 Green Lantern
Jul 22 Captain America

so I am happy for the line up to be like this

Superboy-Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
mrsjohnnystorm
Side-Kick

I think X-Men First Class should worry more than Captain America. CA is the only Superhero movie out in July, late July at that. Also added in the fact that it's NOT a sequel or a reboot and it's a period piece (and about the only period piece on that list: and POC doesn't count okay!).

I think the only thing Captain America should be wary of is Harry Potter. Those are the two most hyped and most anticipated movie for 2011 according to the poll superherohype.com had two weeks ago.

But I won't be against having Captain America moved to the Fall or Winter season, especially when period pieces do quite well during those times.

mrsjohnnystorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #13
FaT_tONle
Banned User

If FC moves to August (hypothetically), then Cap will no longer be the final major film of the summer, which is what they were banking on to begin with. Legs that take it into August. So that is something to look out for. As of now, it is FC that will bomb in that slot.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
Dave40
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjohnnystorm View Post
I think X-Men First Class should worry more than Captain America. CA is the only Superhero movie out in July, late July at that. Also added in the fact that it's NOT a sequel or a reboot and it's a period piece (and about the only period piece on that list: and POC doesn't count okay!).

I think the only thing Captain America should be wary of is Harry Potter. Those are the two most hyped and most anticipated movie for 2011 according to the poll superherohype.com had two weeks ago.

But I won't be against having Captain America moved to the Fall or Winter season, especially when period pieces do quite well during those times.
I would prefer a May 2012 release,but I would be ok with Christmas .

Just imagine Captain America opening May 2012,starting the summer movie season,when people are eager to see blockbusters.It would have a huge opening..It could be as big as Iron Man or bigger.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #15
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
If FC moves to August (hypothetically), then Cap will no longer be the final major film of the summer, which is what they were banking on to begin with. Legs that take it into August. So that is something to look out for. As of now, it is FC that will bomb in that slot.
It is not the final major film of the summer, and hasn't been for a while now

First Class moving in will have no affect on this. However, I don't think the release date is all that great, and I've said that for a while now. I think it'd do better in the winter, but I don't think they're going to move it.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #16
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

FC seems like its gonna suck anyway...it IS being made by Fox...

Old 05-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #17
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave40 View Post
I would prefer a May 2012 release,but I would be ok with Christmas .

Just imagine Captain America opening May 2012,starting the summer movie season,when people are eager to see blockbusters.It would have a huge opening..It could be as big as Iron Man or bigger.
If they did that though they'd have to push Avengers back to 2013, as Summer 2012 is already filling up with Spider-Man, Batman 3, and Wolverine.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #18
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave40 View Post
With the new X Men movie opening June 3 2011 its crazy to have Captain America opening at the end of the summer movie season.Next summer is going to be over saturated with Superhero movies:Thor,X Men,Green Lantern,and then Captain America??people get tired and both,Captain America and the Avengers should be delayed: Cap for May 2012 and Avengers May 2013,If not,Captain America is going to be a bomb at the Box Office.
A word of advice; it's not wise to join a new message board and immediately establish yourself as an unlikeable poster. I waited 3-4 years before I started posting downers like this.

As for Cap being the bomb, I think Green Lantern and First Class are in much more danger. Thor and Cap have the good fortune of being summer end caps. Thor will have a tremendous opening and Cap will hopefully have great legs.

GL and FC are in the thick of things in June...they'll have to deal with tons of new openings, as well as the legs of other films that come out before them.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #19
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
It is not the final major film of the summer, and hasn't been for a while now

First Class moving in will have no affect on this. However, I don't think the release date is all that great, and I've said that for a while now. I think it'd do better in the winter, but I don't think they're going to move it.
Cowboys and Aliens isn't really a HUGE film. It sort of marks the winding down on the summer movie season. Cap is an iconic character that essentially closes the summer season. August is rarely ever packed with movies on scale with its previous months' counterparts. X-Men moving up however can change that dynamic a bit, but not by much. Winter would be for the best.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #20
luca_frontino
Side-Kick

The OP is right. And alongside with the highly possible bomb of Thor (since they chose the lame classic instead of the Ultimate version), Avengers could be put on hold.

luca_frontino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #21
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca_frontino View Post
The OP is right. And alongside with the highly possible bomb of Thor (since they chose the lame classic instead of the Ultimate version), Avengers could be put on hold.
lol @ this post

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #22
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

If I'm worried about anything, it's Cap being overshadowed by Thor. The last time Marvel released two films in one summer, they gave Iron Man all the attention, and the Hulk barely got any marketing until the last minute.

As far as X-Men and Green Lantern, I'm personally a Marvel guy, so although GL interests me, it's not even nearly as important to me as as Thor/Cap. And X-men, well, I pretty much don't count films not made by MARVEL as being real Marvel films. Ever since Marvel started creating their quintessential movieverse, I've found myself rather disinterested in movies featuring their characters that aren't a part of that universe.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #23
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

X-Men should be worried. Not many people liked Wolverine from what I heard (I mean non-fanboys, I know we hated it), Fox better make First Class as good as possible aka let Vaughn do whatever he wants or else it'll bomb & Thor, Green Lantern, Cap & Harry Potter will rule the summer.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #24
3atman
Side-Kick

WHAT?!?!?!? You REALLY think that'll stop peopel from seeing Cap? Cap vs Thor? Cap wins. Cap vs Lantern? Probably Cap Cap vs crappy X-Men movie #3, Cap wins. Unless you want him against Batman and Spider-Man.

The way I see it, Cap is probably the biggest name on the list and unlike X-Men, doesn't have awful movies before to keep people from coming. Cap will do fine, it's Thor that's going to suffer. He'll be over looked because people will be either saving money or looking ahead to other stuff.

3atman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #25
JP
Smelly

2008:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
HellBoy II
The Dark Knight

JP is offline   Reply With Quote