The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 05-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #26
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3atman View Post
WHAT?!?!?!? You REALLY think that'll stop peopel from seeing Cap? Cap vs Thor? Cap wins. Cap vs Lantern? Probably Cap Cap vs crappy X-Men movie #3, Cap wins. Unless you want him against Batman and Spider-Man.
These match-ups are not the concern. The concern is Cap vs the final Harry Potter movie the week before.
Quote:
Cap will do fine, it's Thor that's going to suffer. He'll be over looked because people will be either saving money or looking ahead to other stuff.
Based on...

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #27
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Default Re: Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
Dunno about you but I'm gonna see them all and take great pleasure in doing so.
That's a bingo!

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #28
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Dave, sure summer 2011 film season is already full. and was going to be a full one for months now. i doubt captain america is going to be delayed or moved and all that. Film starts june 28th and will probably run up to oct. Then post and marketing and all that getting it ready to go for summe 2011 release. It will probably be just fine in its late july slot and will probably take aug month too. Also we already know avengers is already slotted for may 2012 release and filming will begin in jan or feb 2011. So they can stop and delay that.

As for fox's new xmen film, either its going to be a rush job like x3 was under ratner. And probably be 90min crap film just so fox will have a film for their summer slate. Though since their is no cast, no lock location for filming, and filming hasnt started for first class it could easily be pushed out of summer 2011 slot and move to aug/sept/oct range or something. We will just have to see what comes from that film.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #29
Rumpy Bulge Dubz
Banned User

I think it's perfect:

X Men/Thor/Green Lantern = 2011

Spiderman/Captain/Batman = 2012

Avengers = 2013

I'm pretty sure that's the current plans right? Please correct me if I'm wrong and if not, I like it. I won't be seeing any future X Men films anyway and I'm 50/50 on Spiderman and Green Lantern.

Thor, Capt, Avengers, and Batman as of the moment are definites

Rumpy Bulge Dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #30
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Boney Dubz View Post
I think it's perfect:

Avengers = 2013

I'm pretty sure that's the current plans right? Please correct me if I'm wrong and if not, I like it. I won't be seeing any future X Men films anyway and I'm 50/50 on Spiderman and Green Lantern.

Not exactly. Cap, Thor, GL and apparently X-Men are all 2011.

Spidey, Batman and Avengers are 2012.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #31
SpiderByte
Banned User

If anything, the amount of superhero films will get Cap MORE money. People will be so excited for the superhero summer season. Thor will be a bit of an outlier, due to his unfamiliarity with the GA, but Green Lantern? X-Men? (even if it's bad, it'll still make cash) People will be so excited for superhero films. It'll be the best summer yet.

And even MORE in 2012.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #32
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

for me i do hope all the films for next summer will do well enough for the studios.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 05-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #33
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Boney Dubz View Post
I think it's perfect:

Avengers = 2013

That should have been the slate IMO. I'd move Cap to July 4th 2012. Even though the BO would be debilitated by TDK, Avengers would be all alone the following year and retain all its thunder. I think Cap is being rushed to meet their current deadline, and I think its a mistake. Taking on HP8 and TF3 ain't a pushover either, even though it's not to the extent 2012 presents.

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 05-06-2010 at 12:14 AM.
FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #34
Eros
Side-Kick

Personally Thor excites me the most, since its a movie about a freaking God with other gods, and cool monsters, and immortal beasts in epic battles in modern day Earth. Next to X-men first class, I would say Captain America is what Im least looking forward to in 2011, Im not sure why though, Maybe its the fact its set in the 1940s, maybe its the fact it yet another WW2 movie about fighting Nazis.....I dunno. It just seems likes it gonna be slower and less exciting then say Green Lantern or etc.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:17 AM   #35
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

how is cap being rushed out. film starts production in june runs to probably oct. that gives them good 4-5 months of first unit shooting, which is pretty much standard timeframe for films. Then they have from oct/nov 2010-june 2011(8 months) to post production/reshoots/promoting. That is plently of time. Plus the film has been in pre production full time since nov(2009). So i dont see how cap is being rushed. You want to talk rushed that would be fox with first class.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 05-06-2010, 05:00 AM   #36
Dave40
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
If anything, the amount of superhero films will get Cap MORE money. People will be so excited for the superhero summer season. Thor will be a bit of an outlier, due to his unfamiliarity with the GA, but Green Lantern? X-Men? (even if it's bad, it'll still make cash) People will be so excited for superhero films. It'll be the best summer yet.

And even MORE in 2012.
You are wrong .People wont get more excited for the over saturation of Superhero movies,COMIC BOOK FANS WILL.But these fans account for a small percentage of the Box Office sales.

TDK and Iron Man werent huge B.O hits because of the comic book fans,but because of the general public.Fan boys will go to see all comic book movies,no matter how crowded the summer movie season is,but not general audiences.In general,the broad audiences,who account for the biggest percentage of B.O sales,get tired of the same kind of movies,specially in they come together.

Dave40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:06 AM   #37
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

X-Men film has to move to Winter. It's messing up the schedule. Marvel should not sanction that movie.

And no, the Avengers has to go in 2012. Do you know how long the queue is for the other Marvel movies still in waiting like Black Panther or Dr Strange? How about finishing up the trilogies for Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America?

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:36 AM   #38
Rumpy Bulge Dubz
Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave40 View Post
you are wrong .people wont get more excited for the over saturation of superhero movies,comic book fans will.but these fans account for a small percentage of the box office sales.

Tdk and iron man werent huge b.o hits because of the comic book fans,but because of the general public.fan boys will go to see all comic book movies,no matter how crowded the summer movie season is,but not general audiences.in general,the broad audiences,who account for the biggest percentage of b.o sales,get tired of the same kind of movies,specially in they come together.
qft

Rumpy Bulge Dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:39 AM   #39
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
X-Men film has to move to Winter. It's messing up the schedule. Marvel should not sanction that movie.

And no, the Avengers has to go in 2012. Do you know how long the queue is for the other Marvel movies still in waiting like Black Panther or Dr Strange? How about finishing up the trilogies for Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America?
I honestly don't think those C-listers are major priorities for them. Not when there is still billion dollar potential in some of these franchises. Marvel said they'd try to do two films a year, so we figured at least one of them could be a lower budget project. Turns out they are only interested in exploiting their money makers for the time being, and there is no sense rushing it.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #40
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
I honestly don't think those C-listers are major priorities for them. Not when there is still billion dollar potential in some of these franchises. Marvel said they'd try to do two films a year, so we figured at least one of them could be a lower budget project. Turns out they are only interested in exploiting their money makers for the time being, and there is no sense rushing it.
Well surely without thinking those comic book C-listers, Marvel still have Iron Man 3 and the Incredible Hulk 2 to think about. RDJ is an old man, so Iron Man has to go in 2013 or Marvel would lose the opportunity to pimp it while hot. Same with Hulk, perhaps it gets a second life after Avengers. Thinking optimistically, Thor and Cap will need sequels too.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #41
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Assuming all those guys are getting trilogies is jumping the gun a bit. We may never see Thor/Cap/Hulk sequels. If that's the case by all means, do a C-lister. But if that's the case, you are better dragging the tentpoles out over 5-6 years taking the utmost care and time with each project.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #42
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

2011 is a model year for Marvel, with 2 big movie release. 2012 might become another, with an unannounced project on the wing (Ant Man?). So any combination A-lister/A-lister or A-lister/C-Lister is good enough. Ergo, there's enough materials for Marvel to make film on and the last thing they want to do is to delay a project. Because like in a production line, if you take one stuff out the replacement stuff will come far behind in a serial pattern. It never goes parallel substituting at ease.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #43
Grommers
Side-Kick

May 6 Thor
May 20 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
May 26 The Hangover 2
May 27 Mission: Impossible IV
Jun 3 Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom; X-Men: First Class
Jun 10 Fast Five
Jun 17 Green Lantern
Jun 24 Cars 2: World Grand Prix
Jul 1 Transformers 3
Jul 15 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II
Jul 22 Captain America

What the hell is Fast five?

Hangover 2...will make good money for how much the movie costs, however its not really abig contender.

X-men first class....honestly, i can't see doing very well, its not something i'm going to run to see.

Green Lantern, Thor, and Cap America, Transformers 3, and Pirates.

I think those are good be the big ones that summer in terms of getting people to the box office. Harry Potter might because its the last movie, however I don't think the demographics for harry potter and captain america will be the same.

I worry more about captain america, cause well, i can't see him doing well internationally, this might be a big downfall to his character.

So I'm going to see those 5, the rest are meh to me.

Grommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #44
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Fast and the Furious 5... yeah I know. You don't have to say anything more about that... But MIB3 was well liked and a sequel can do damage. Hangover is the must see comedy to see on that list. Panda and FC are similar demos because its young audiences that manage to entertain the older folk. GL is definitely same genre as FC. It was basically a mess to begin with. Now its just ridiculous.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #45
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

I say it again, X-Men FC has to go to Q4 2010. Marvel/Disney should not give approval to this film as it really messes with Cap revenue. Don't put any Marvel logo to it or force Fox to give back any Marvel franchises it got. Entice Matt Vaughn to direct any Marvel character he wants so he'd delay the filming process.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #46
roach
I am the night

Marvel doesnt have as much control over the properties at other studios...the other ideas you have listed are dirty practices and would end Marvel in court...

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #47
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Marvel has little if any power over Fox. The whole reason Marvel set up their own studios is to do what they wanted with their characters because they couldn't with the ones they sold off to other studios.

Marvel could ask Fox to move X-Men First Class but they can't force them.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #48
roach
I am the night

and Fox prob wont move especially if they are on a time table to keep the rights

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #49
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

I think if TFA:CA gets delayed, it will be less about the years "over saturation" of comicbook movies and more about how they are taking their sweat ass time getting in to production

Old 05-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #50
roach
I am the night

they start filming this summer