The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 05-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #51
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

Default Re: Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

^which after 6ish months of filming (plus any unscheduled reshoots) will not leave a great deal of time for editing.

I have no doubt that the movie will be great... but i do have reservations about the current release date.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #52
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

yea its already ready to go for filming and starts up at the end of next month. no way cap is getting delayed as i pointed out in earlier post filming is late june-likely oct. Thats a good 4-5 months for filming which most films do within this time frame. Then nov-may/june post production marketing, and reshoots happen. Then avengers already has a set date of 2012 release and filming scheduled to start in jan/feb so it cant be delayed. Cap is in a good spot cause its been in pre production for a good 7 month before filming starts in june. I still say if anything is going to get delayed or moved its going to be first class cause even shooting it rushed there is just not alot of time they have to make june 2011 release since no cast/no location set/no studio booked.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #53
FaT_tONle
Banned User

I'll be shocked if FC makes its date, but all the winter 2011 release dates are booked with Tin Tin, Sherlock, and Fox's Chipmunks franchise. Maybe they'd consider pushing it back to February or March 2012, although Wolverine 2 will need a release date as well. Hell we may get Wolverine/Avengers/Spidey/BB in the same summer. THis is exactly what I feared when the strike pushed the slate back as it did.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #54
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

*glares at FaT_tONle's film list*

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #55
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

X-Men: First Class changes nothing. First, trying to rush it out by next year BEFORE Cap is a bad idea. How much freedom can Vaughn have when he has a small window to make the film? Plus, the X-Men franchise has 2 straight mixed reviewed films. It's also locked into June as of now, which is the worst summer month in recent history (May and July are vastly better times).

Cap has more name recognition than either GL or Thor, and I think it being the lead into Avengers will build a lot of hype. Cap's biggest worry isn't superheroes. It is coming out the week after Potter's finale. I expect First Class to bomb if it doesn't move. I think Cap will have strong legs and make money. I also expect First Class to suck, even if Vaughn is directing.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #56
mrsjohnnystorm
Side-Kick

Well I wouldn't worry about Avengers especially since the concept is virtually a feat in itself. I mean, I don't think there's ever been a movie made in history combining four different films into one universe (You can correct me here if I'm wrong).

But if Captain America moves to a slot somewhere near Sherlock Holmes 2 or Tin Tin or even better, THE SAME DAY as TWILIGHT I wouldn't mind -- especially the latter. I'm actually worried about Harry Potter doing better than Captain America... I'm imagining for the last and final film of the Harry Potter series, everyone would be watching it, I mean, I would.

Last edited by mrsjohnnystorm; 05-06-2010 at 02:31 PM.
mrsjohnnystorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #57
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

I also forgot to mention, delaying Cap would have to push Avengers out of 2012 entirely! You can't squeeze Cap and Avengers in the same year as Spidey and BB3. RDJ is not getting younger, and all the pieces are in place to film early next year. Why risk scheduling conflicts and waiting on a project you're ahead on just because X-Men squeezed their way into a crowded summer and your movie has the better release date of the two? Makes no sense, and delays ALL of Marvel's projects after Cap. Not just Avengers, but a future IM3 and such as well.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #58
SpiderByte
Banned User

Not to mention:
Cowboys and Aliens, possibly Deadpool, TF3, Ghost Rider 2, Conan, MIIIB, all in 2011.

Star Trek 2, Hancock 2, Kick-Ass 2, GI Joe 2, Wanted 2, Wolverine 2, (god there are a lot of 2's), The Avengers, Man of Steel, Batman 3, Iron Man 3, Spider-Man reboot, Ant-Man (maybe) and John Carter for 2012.

By the logic of overcrowding, Cap would have to be pushed to 2013, which won't happen since they start filming next month. Avengers would be, what, 2014? Six years after the franchise begins? Hell no.

It's 2011 for Cap, 2012 for Avengers.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #59
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Oh, just in case no one knew, Legendary Pictures is planning a new, more Japanese-faithful adaptation of Godzilla for 2012. If they can pull together an awesome cast, script, and director, this could be a huge contender.

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #60
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
Not to mention:
Star Trek 2, Hancock 2, Kick-Ass 2, GI Joe 2, Wanted 2, Wolverine 2, (god there are a lot of 2's), The Avengers, Man of Steel, Batman 3, Iron Man 3, Spider-Man reboot, Ant-Man (maybe) and John Carter for 2012.
Iron Man 3 in 2012? That's a reach. I's a summer franchise and there's no way it gets made at the same time Avengers is shot. I think that's 2013 at the earliest.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #61
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
What? Iron Man 3 and Ant Man are definitely NOT coming out in 2012. Marvel already announced that Avengers will be their ONLY film that year.

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #62
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Oh, just in case no one knew, Legendary Pictures is planning a new, more Japanese-faithful adaptation of Godzilla for 2012. If they can pull together an awesome cast, script, and director, this could be a huge contender.
Godzilla has only had 3 films released in the US theaters ever (the 98 American version, Godzilla 1985, and Godzilla 2000). The American version was a critical failure, and the other films were not massive hits in the US. Godzilla is not a huge attraction to the general public in the US, so I don't think Godzilla is a movie Marvel needs to worry about.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #63
SpiderByte
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
What? Iron Man 3 and Ant Man are definitely NOT coming out in 2012. Marvel already announced that Avengers will be their ONLY film that year.
It's called an estimate. Two years is generally a safe bet between sequels, since, well, almost all sequels are generally 2-3 years apart. So it's reasonable to think that IM3 and Ant-Man could come out that year.

Not to mention the ever-present "They could change their minds." factor.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #64
3atman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Based on...
Sorry for the late response, but Thor has a higher risk of failure because Thor is by far the least known and least "big" of the movies. Transformers isn't a threat because it'll do huge the first weekend then die out. Harry Potter 5 will draw but attracts a somewhat different crowd, they have their diehards that'll see it 8 times but the average joe (like me in this case) will maybe, MAYBE see it once.

I don't know if it's because it's your first real film or if you're legit worried, but I think this is all a bit much. Even if captain doesn't get the biggest box office draw, it won't fail if it's a good movie. If it's not a good movie, it doesn't deserve a good box office.

Quote:
It's called an estimate. Two years is generally a safe bet between sequels, since, well, almost all sequels are generally 2-3 years apart. So it's reasonable to think that IM3 and Ant-Man could come out that year.

Not to mention the ever-present "They could change their minds." factor.
It's also called illogical reasoning. Most sequels don't also have a character in another movie (Avengers) in which he'll be a big part of. IM3 will be late summer 2013 earliest.

3atman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #65
roach
I am the night

I dont think TF3 is going to have a big weekend and die out...its going to do what the first two did...everyone is going to hate them but its going take home a ton of money

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #66
Rumpy Bulge Dubz
Banned User

Quote:
Not to mention:
Cowboys and Aliens, possibly Deadpool, TF3, Ghost Rider 2, Conan, MIIIB, all in 2011.

sources?

There has been no confirmation or movement on Deadpool, Ghost Rider 2, Hancock 2, Kick Ass 2, Wanted 2, Wolverine 2, Man of Steel, Iron Man 3 (which Fav. even stated that it's not in the works as of yet, and if it even does happen, not till after Avengers, you're looking at 2013/2014 the earliest for Iron Man 3).

Rumpy Bulge Dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #67
Rumpy Bulge Dubz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I dont think TF3 is going to have a big weekend and die out...its going to do what the first two did...everyone is going to hate them but its going take home a ton of money
the only hate I see towards the Transformer movies are on the internet/message boards

EVERYONE I talk to about them (you know, out in the real world) LOVES the movies.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #68
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Boney Dubz View Post
the only hate I see towards the Transformer movies are on the internet/message boards

EVERYONE I talk to about them (you know, out in the real world) LOVES the movies.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tran...itic=creamcrop

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #69
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3atman View Post
Sorry for the late response, but Thor has a higher risk of failure because Thor is by far the least known and least "big" of the movies. Transformers isn't a threat because it'll do huge the first weekend then die out. Harry Potter 5 will draw but attracts a somewhat different crowd, they have their diehards that'll see it 8 times but the average joe (like me in this case) will maybe, MAYBE see it once.

I don't know if it's because it's your first real film or if you're legit worried, but I think this is all a bit much. Even if captain doesn't get the biggest box office draw, it won't fail if it's a good movie. If it's not a good movie, it doesn't deserve a good box office.

Just wondering if you at all thought about anything before you typed it? Harry Potter 7 is comming out not 5. Bad Movies make tons of money all the time. Transformers will not die because people eat that **** up. Hardcore fans are going to see Thor and Cap Twice or three times due to The Avengers and easter eggs. I just wow, your logic is hard to follow.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #70
Rumpy Bulge Dubz
Banned User

internet critics?

doesn't prove a point, the only difference between rotten tomatoes and message boards is the critics at rotten tomatoes are professional morons, most of the people that post at message boards are just morons

Old 05-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #71
roach
I am the night

hey I am a professional moron...I have the degree and work ethic to prove it too

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #72
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
sources?

There has been no confirmation or movement on Deadpool, Ghost Rider 2, Hancock 2, Kick Ass 2, Wanted 2, Wolverine 2, Man of Steel, Iron Man 3 (which Fav. even stated that it's not in the works as of yet, and if it even does happen, not till after Avengers, you're looking at 2013/2014 the earliest for Iron Man 3).
Gr 2 has been fast tracked by Sony with out Nic Cage.
Kick-Ass 2 was confirmed yesterday.
Wolverine 2 was announced shortly after the first release.
Man Of Steel was released with a list of films in an IMAX Press release.
Hancock 2 has been repeatedly reported to be in the work as one of Will Smiths next project along with MIIIB

SO yeah pretty valid if you follow the main page or various other sites like Darkhorizons..

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #73
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Gr 2 has been fast tracked by Sony with out Nic Cage.
Kick-Ass 2 was confirmed yesterday.

this was debunked. No official word has been given yet
Wolverine 2 was announced shortly after the first release.
Man Of Steel was released with a list of films in an IMAX Press release.
Hancock 2 has been repeatedly reported to be in the work as one of Will Smiths next project along with MIIIB

SO yeah pretty valid if you follow the main page or various other sites like Darkhorizons..
dont believe everything Millar tells you...ask Superman fans

Old 05-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #74
Rumpy Bulge Dubz
Banned User

most of the films have been "talked about" but nothing has been confirmed, officially. Infact, wasn't Kick Ass 2 just debunked, today?

Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #75
roach
I am the night

Quote:
most of the films have been "talked about" but nothing has been confirmed, officially. Infact, wasn't Kick Ass 2 just debunked, today?
yes it has