The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 05-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #101
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

My only thought is that Cap shouls have been released on 7-4-2011. I mean who wouldn't go see Captain America on the 4th of July?

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:52 AM   #102
Captain America
Banned User

Default Re: Now with 2011 over saturation of Superhero movies Captain America MUST be delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
My only thought is that Cap shouls have been released on 7-4-2011. I mean who wouldn't go see Captain America on the 4th of July?
I Totally agree

Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #103
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Any chance TF3 can fall apart last minute? But that's probably too close to GL and FC now, so I don't think it would have helped as much. But yeah I would certainly take it.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:56 AM   #104
Captain America
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
Any chance TF3 can fall apart last minute? But that's probably too close to GL and FC now, so I don't think it would have helped as much. But yeah I would certainly take it.
same here

Old 05-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #105
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
A lot of bigger films then you may think are there. Twilight 4, two big animated films, Tin Tin, and probably Holmes 2. Probably room for another tentpole, but it is also awards time, and the movies gunning for Oscars generally eat up that period.

I think if DC/Marvel can confine themselves to three tentpoles between the two companies from May-July we are fine. Then mix in a second tier in February or March as a warmup film. And maybe a fifth film between Nov-Dec. As of now, everyone is hellbent on summer. I don't buy WB's winter proposition for Supes one bit.
\
Oscars or not December is prime real estate going to waste. I've felt something like Thor would be perfect for that period, especially since Fantasy films have traditionally done better during that period than they have in that May/June/July period, with the exception of the Potter flicks. I actually think WB's proposed Sups release date is a good move for a character that's lost some steam, it'll give him a bit of a free ride to find an audience.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #106
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
same here
Well, at least we can watch a trailer on July 4th...

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #107
Captain America
Banned User

Quote:
Well, at least we can watch a trailer on July 4th...

I guess that'll have to do

Old 05-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #108
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea it would have been nice for a 4th of july release but other films nabbed it prior so you got to take what u got and all that.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #109
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

This is when you need some good marketing to promote your movie. We will see if cap has a good marketing campaign. They could run some cap wants you ads. Or they can show some old vets retailing some stories about cap in WWII. With cap you can do alot of faux documentaries about WWII.

misjuevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #110
Captain America
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
This is when you need some good marketing to promote your movie. We will see if cap has a good marketing campaign. They could run some cap wants you ads. Or they can show some old vets retailing some stories about cap in WWII. With cap you can do alot of faux documentaries about WWII.
That would be really cool!

Old 05-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #111
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

X-Men is the one that needs to move. Could do with the prep time anyhow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post

Old 05-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #112
Captain America
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
X-Men is the one that needs to move. :

Old 05-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #113
TNC9852002
Banned User

I'd rather have a bunch of comic book action movies than a bunch of non-comic book action movies.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #114
Captain America
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
I'd rather have a bunch of comic book action movies than a bunch of non-comic book action movies.
Any day!

Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #115
LegendaryCaleb
Ozymandias.

FC is gonna be bad like all the other X-Mens (well except 2)
Captain America is better off in 2011
2012 would eat it alive
it should open on the 4th of july though...
i have a bad feelin about this movie as well anyway... Chris Evans is enough to make you sweat.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #116
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
No the real question is going to be is WB going to be content with not doing Batman 4 once Nolan leaves the franchise
Or they could find another director who loves & understands the characters. I wouldn't mind Robin finally getting some respect on the big-screen. It could change everyone's opinion of him being some "Gee willicker Batman, dat right dere is some mishap we've gotten ourselves into" moron.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #117
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Or they could find another director who loves & understands the characters. I wouldn't mind Robin finally getting some respect on the big-screen. It could change everyone's opinion of him being some "Gee willicker Batman, dat right dere is some mishap we've gotten ourselves into" moron.
my hope is we get someone who want to bring Batman to the screen and not their version of that character....maybe a faithful costume and maybe a universe where Robin,Mr Freeze and a team up with Superman is possible

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #118
smooth3006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
my hope is we get someone who want to bring Batman to the screen and not their version of that character....maybe a faithful costume and maybe a universe where Robin,Mr Freeze and a team up with Superman is possible

do we have to bring tdk up in every thread?

smooth3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #119
chrisguyver
Side-Kick

No sorry waited long enough for a captain America movie. Worst idea ever dude. This movie better not get pushed back. I want to see cap now

chrisguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:38 AM   #120
Captain America
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisguyver View Post
No sorry waited long enough for a captain America movie. Worst idea ever dude. This movie better not get pushed back
Well put!

Old 05-09-2010, 01:39 AM   #121
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i am sure marvel is going to promote the film will. they would be foolished not to. i think they learned from that mistake of tih marketing.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #122
Captain America
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
i am sure marvel is going to promote the film will. they would be foolished not to. i think they learned from that mistake of tih marketing.
Agreed, Cap and Thor will be huge for marvel as long as they do them right

Old 05-09-2010, 01:44 AM   #123
3atman
Side-Kick

I think a July 4th domestic release would be best. Release it world wide earlier in the week maybe since they won't care and you can do what IM did and have 100M (or at least 30-50) before it's first big weekend.

If there's one thing about advertising it's image. Put Captain America everywhere, get people to endorse it, cool posters, cool trailers, cool people talking about it. Stephen Colbert has a Cap shield on his set, I'm sure he'd plug it.

3atman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #124
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

I definitely believe some of these films are going to get delayed into fall and next summer. I hope its not any of the superhero ones that ends up getting delayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:29 AM   #125
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
Dunno about you but I'm gonna see them all and take great pleasure in doing so.
This