The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #101
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: SHIELD/Avengers complaints...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Maybe for Iron Man 3 they should just have a camera on RDJ. No Pepper, no Rhodey, no Mandarin, just a 2 hour movie of Tony Stark eating, flying around in the suit and going to the crapper.

For part 4 they should just have a head shot of him, a two hour head shot.

Maybe thay would stop all the whining and moaning.
then the movie would be an edited mess without any structure like IM2.

zing

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #102
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
then the movie would be an edited mess without any structure like IM2.

zing

whatever, you just want to complain just to complain.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #103
THE MR. TERRIFIC
HYPES KING OF COSPLAY

I liked IM2, I liked the S.H.I.E.L.D. and Avengers stuff. Keep it up!! Comic Nerd 4-Life!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud48V588NRw

THE MR. TERRIFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #104
kedrell
I see what you did there

I also liked the Shield stuff. But I do think it could have been handled in an even more clever way. Much of this goes to the end credits scene in IM1. Seriously, why put it all the way at the end? And the same with IM2? Why not do it just about 10-20 seconds into the credits like they did with FF1(one of the few positives about that P.O.S.)? That way most people are in on it rather than the die-hards who were willing to wait 5 minutes through the credits.

2015 will not only see the MCU beat the HP franchise for the #1 WW spot but it will also see Marvel Studios pass Pixar in terms of WW grosses($8.585 billion). Marvel Studios/MCU avg. annual profit: $621m(there ain't none higher. HP was the closest runner up with $541m when it was active).
kedrell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #105
roach
I am the night

Quote:
simple question since SHIELD is so important to IM where were they in the first movie? you know where all the big danger was happening? or where were they when Hulk was happening?

you know why we didnt see them? because in 2007 when those movies were made they didnt want to force them through IM. back then they wanted to tease fanboys but still let Tony has hes own franchise.
Shield was in on the attempt to capture Hulk/Banner

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #106
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
So you're telling me there's no possible way on this earth you can tell an Iron Man story on film without the Shield/Avenger stuff?
You can have individual Iron Man stories without SHIELD/Avengers AFTER he has joined them.

Think about it logically... this superhero has just turned up in the world... he's gonna have all sorts of people after him, good and bad. SHIELD is just one of these.

And like Earle pointed out, Iron Man without Nick Fury and the Avengers/SHIELD is like Batman without Gordon and the GCPD. That's just how it is.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #107
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

SHIELD was not that big in this movie. Nor was lead up to the Avengers. What the hell are these people talking about? Seriously, between the trolls on IMDB and these confused critics it's just getting downright annoying.

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #108
kedrell
I see what you did there

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Shield was in on the attempt to capture Hulk/Banner

Gotta agree there. There were some significant Shield references in TIH.

2015 will not only see the MCU beat the HP franchise for the #1 WW spot but it will also see Marvel Studios pass Pixar in terms of WW grosses($8.585 billion). Marvel Studios/MCU avg. annual profit: $621m(there ain't none higher. HP was the closest runner up with $541m when it was active).
Old 05-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #109
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
SHIELD was not that big in this movie. Nor was lead up to the Avengers. What the hell are these people talking about? Seriously, between the trolls on IMDB and these confused critics it's just getting downright annoying.
my faith in the fanboi-nation is faltering....srsly the way people talked you'd think the movie cut away from Tony and followed Coulson around

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #110
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Tony tells us that his father was distant, then we see him being a douche to his kid, and out of nowhere he tells his son that he loves him.
Um Howard wasn't being a douche. He had an expensive carefully crafted model and a kid comes and starts f***ing with it all the while in the middle of a recoding for an expo. Naturally Howard wanted Tony to get the hell away from there. It was a normal everyday parent-child reaction.

Ajendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #111
kedrell
I see what you did there

I agree.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #112
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
But why? She was perfect for the job. Tony would instantly make her his assistant because she is hot and she would have access to everything.
It definitely didn't ruin anything for me but I just think they could have saved her for the Avengers. I don't find IM2 to be bloated at all but she just didn't do it for me. Personally Scarlet still hasn't done anything as an actress to impress me.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #113
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post

People just want something to complain about.

From even before the film was released some of these posters that are complaining had their minds made up that this film wasn't going to be any good.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #114
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Yup. 90% of the people complaining about this stuff on here were complaining about it before they even saw it, or are DC fans.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #115
kedrell
I see what you did there

Now it just occured to me that IM3 beating IM2 shouldn't be such a massive task as beating the first film would have been(especially since the best Iron man villain still waits in the wings). Trilogy curse solved!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #116
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
simple question since SHIELD is so important to IM where were they in the first movie? you know where all the big danger was happening? or where were they when Hulk was happening?

you know why we didnt see them? because in 2007 when those movies were made they didnt want to force them through IM. back then they wanted to tease fanboys but still let Tony has hes own franchise.
Did you ever watch the first movie? Because from reading this, clearly you either didn't or slept through it.

Tony Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #117
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Knaves View Post
Yup. 90% of the people complaining about this stuff on here were complaining about it before they even saw it, or are DC fans.
sometimes I wish we'd go back to the days when they would seriously jack up the superhero movies because we've had it good for too long

Old 05-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #118
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
Um Howard wasn't being a douche. He had an expensive carefully crafted model and a kid comes and starts f***ing with it all the while in the middle of a recoding for an expo. Naturally Howard wanted Tony to get the hell away from there. It was a normal everyday parent-child reaction.
I thought the point of that video was to show that Howard was harsh on Tony. Any other normal parent would gently take their kid away, not ask his subordinates to get it the **** out.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #119
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

I thought it showed that on the outside, Howard was a douche to his son. He was so focused on his business and all that he didn't have time for him.

But deep down, Howard loved him, he was his greatest creation.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #120
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Yeah, I get real tired of the constant fanboy stuff around here. You think with all the failed DC projects they would just learn to shutup.

Get ready for the biggest summer stinker ever in Jonah Hex.

Tony Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #121
roach
I am the night

I dont think Howard Stark was a normal parent...just like Tony wasnt a normal child

Old 05-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #122
kedrell
I see what you did there

It's not like he yelled at Tony or anything. He was just "all business" as they say.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #123
Venom
Side-Kick

Quote:
She was perfect because Fury wanted someone to infiltrate Stark Ind fast and Tony would make her his assistant after just one look at her curves. So she was instantly placed in a very important position, spying on Stark, his industry, and everything else. That's how Fury knew about the poisoning and all that.

As for the scenes with Happy, i liked them. They were funny and they disrupted the relentless action of robots fighting in the dark with a more comedic fighting scene in the light. The end fighting scene would otherwise be 15 minutes explosions non stop. In addition, BW and Happy also upped the pressure with us worrying how soon can BW reboot WM because he and IM kill each other.

Its that you hate this film with a passion so you'd hate anything in it.
I summed up in the first page why she didn't belong. Basically she contributed very little to the plot. Remove her entirely, and the movie would remain essentially the same, minus 1 fight scene.

In case you're thinking it, just to have a fight scene is not a good reason to include a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
So you're telling me there's no possible way on this earth you can tell an Iron Man story on film without the Shield/Avenger stuff?
I'm not gonna say it can't be done, because it most certainly can, it just depends on how you script it.

However, it is a significant part of the Iron Man mythos, and to include it goes a long way to keeping it faithful to the comics. Which is always good, no matter what source you're adapting a movie from. I'd compare it to Batman movies without having him do any detective work. It can be done, but it leaves out an element of the story you're adapting it from. From that perspective, better to have those elements than not.

I'm still agreeing with you that the SHIELD scenes were not done well.

Last edited by Venom; 05-07-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #124
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

She was included because she is a master undercover spy... who was tasked with spying on Tony Stark/Iron Man.

And also, because Black Widow has always been a supporting character in Iron Mans world.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #125
Venom
Side-Kick

Quote:
She was included because she is a master undercover spy... who was tasked with spying on Tony Stark/Iron Man.

And also, because Black Widow has always been a supporting character in Iron Mans world.
Those are not good reasons. If you want to have her, make her contribute to the story, or make it a cameo.