The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Hiruu
Side-Kick

Default Are there clues in IM3 villian in IM2?

With Iron Man 2 out of the shoot, and based on what it looks like it is going to do at the box office, Marvel (With Disney eyeing the bottom line) will be looking to get the third film outÖmaybe in 2013 (The cast arenít getting any younger). I think without question, that the villain for the movie is going to be Mandarin.

First off, they kept showing the clip of Howard Stark talking about how anything can be solved with technology, and when you look at Marvel universe, their isnít many who have better tech than Tony (maybe Reed). As far as villains go, Mandarin, has those rings with so much advanced alien tech that it almost seems like magic.

I can just see their being a situation where people, even Tony, think it is magic, until he figures out itís not, and then he can counteract the Mandarin. Anyway, Avengers is going to be a massive movie, but Iím sure Iron Man 3 is almost assured.

- From By Schism Rent Asunder
Hiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
RoboAmish
Side-Kick

Default Re: Are there clues in IM3 villian in IM2?

I guess the fact that Hammer was most likely a member of the Ten Rings was the only real clue that they were probably building up to the Mandarin by the next film

RoboAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
protocida
Side-Kick

Well, Whiplash bough his passport from a 10 Rings gangster.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
RoboAmish
Side-Kick

Ah, didn't catch that, must have been looking at my popcorn. You are more observant than me

RoboAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Scorpion Soldier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboAmish View Post
Ah, didn't catch that, must have been looking at my popcorn. You are more observant than me
In the theatrical cut nobody ever mentions the ganster was part of the Ten Rings, Ivan asking for help was cut from the theatrical version.

Scorpion Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
TheseScars
Banned User

I don't think Whiplash was part of the Ten Rings originally...Although he might of been after Hammer helps him and employs him. After seeing the film 4 times now I would have to say Hammer is working for the Ten Rings definitley. He is wearing a ring but it's not a stretch to think a very rich eccentric guy would wear a pinky ring.

I just don't think Hammer would have the resources to get to as many people it would of taken to get to to get Whiplash out of that French prison. They really don't explain or elude to a bigger group of people that are against Tony but I could see Hammer coming back in Iron Man 3 under the employment of The Mandarin. The Mandarin being a Middle East version of Stark, maybe from Dubai and after the events of Thor and the Avengers introducing the more magical elements of the Marvel Universe The Mandarin's rings can be explain as being the "Keys" to alien spaceships as I've heard them explained as before...would be fun...Then all of a sudden Hammer has powers to beat Tony without having to duplicate his technology.

I wonder what Tony would do then? How do you defeat something you can't duplicate?...Steal the rings? I didn't read a lot of Iron Man comics so I'm not sure how Iron Man beat him in all those situations..

TheseScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
Droogoonie789
Side-Kick

Well, I think there'd be some clues in dialogue or something, like in the first Iron Man. Like when Yen Sin said one of the languages that the gangs spoke was Russian, the jets were called Whiplash, and Tony mentioned the name Ivan when joking with Rhodey.

I have yet to see IM2, so I'm not sure if it will have any dialogue clues. I'll be playing close attention though

Old 05-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
roach
I am the night

if you look into the arc reactor Ivan builds you can see Venom

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
ChickenScratch
Banned User

You know, after having read the novelization the stuff that's not explicitly said in the move I still get. Like someone could have missed that 10 Rings guy. I don't know, sometimes stuff's automatically filled in.

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #10
SpiderByte
Banned User

http://**************.com/fansites/B.../news/?a=17863

Sums it up.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #11
Hiruu
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
Yeah, but the issue has always been how do you bring "magic" into the equation. Granted, the Mandarin's rings aren't magically, but science so advanced, it's magic to us...but that presents a perfect contrast to what Stark represents,...that of science being a panacea.

- From By Schism Rent Asunder
Hiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:30 AM   #12
sabetoonth
Who?

well, as far as science being "majically" advanced, they will be doing that with thor.
havent seen the movie, but they have said that the Mandarin is being built up as an "Emporer Palpatine" role, he doesnt really show up until numebr three but they talk about him, or they give clues to him, Mandarin is in for sure

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:00 AM   #13
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

There's nothing overtly referencing a new villain in this movie.

The gangster that gives Vanko his info isn't clearly mentioned as a TEN RINGS gangster despite being credited as such. In the first movie, Faran Tahir's character is clearly identified as being a part of the TEN RINGS and the banner is in his tent at his base when Stane meets with him. There are no noticeable references to TEN RINGS or the MANDARIN in this movie unless you research it further.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:01 AM   #14
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruu View Post
With Iron Man 2 out of the shoot, and based on what it looks like it is going to do at the box office, Marvel (With Disney eyeing the bottom line) will be looking to get the third film outÖmaybe in 2013 (The cast arenít getting any younger). I think without question, that the villain for the movie is going to be Mandarin.

First off, they kept showing the clip of Howard Stark talking about how anything can be solved with technology, and when you look at Marvel universe, their isnít many who have better tech than Tony (maybe Reed). As far as villains go, Mandarin, has those rings with so much advanced alien tech that it almost seems like magic.

I can just see their being a situation where people, even Tony, think it is magic, until he figures out itís not, and then he can counteract the Mandarin. Anyway, Avengers is going to be a massive movie, but Iím sure Iron Man 3 is almost assured.
Favreau has already stated it's gonna be Mandarin. It's really no secret anymore.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:22 AM   #15
bestever23
Side-Kick

Mandarin better be in it next time

bestever23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #16
Micah12345
Side-Kick

Alien tech for mandarin's rings is the way to go.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #17
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Favreau has already stated it's gonna be Mandarin. It's really no secret anymore.
True but he needs to wait to see how the other Marvel films play out to get a read on how to proceed with the Mandarin. Thankfully, he'll have plenty of time to work on it rather than being forced into a 2-year production schedule.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #18
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Yeah Mandarin needs to show up in 3. I think he will.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #19
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

yea I think the "last" Iron Man film (just saying) should feature is arc-nemesis...the Mandarin storyline maybe "out there" ,but if written right it could be done I would love to see the "Demon in the Bottle" storyline mixed w/Mandarin and this time Tony really has an apocalypse on his hands, Sheild for what ever reason won't help him and this leads him to drink....Personally I think Mandarin would be big enough villian to bring the trilogy to a close....

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #20
DW4
Side-Kick

The one unfortunate thing with the Iron Man cast is that the actors minus Scarlett Johansson(if she is involved in the future films) aren't young. RBJ is 45 and will be 46 when filming The Avengers and hopefully only 47 while filming Iron Man 3. Don Cheadle is a year older and Paltrow turns 40 in 2012.

I'm not saying 40 is old and these days in Hollywood, 40s are the new 30's but it doesn't give them as much time like Captain America and Thor have.

While with Thor and Captain America neither Evans or Hemsworth are even 30 yet and countless sequels can be made with those lead characters.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #21
Droogoonie789
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post

Old 05-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #22
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
and if you look harder you see Tom Rothman(even though he has nothing to do with either movie)

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #23
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

this isn't hinted at in the movie, but I think mandarin will give hammer access to more advanced perhaps alien technology to make ultimo to fight the heros at the end like how the drones were used. maybe ultimo could be a magic technology hybrid. that would be interesting too. but ya I think mandarin will be the main villain with ultimo built by hammer playing a small part too near the end.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #24
Heretic
Side-Kick

Hammer has proven to be a numbskull that cant control his own guys, has no tech ability, and cant out-think or out-fight his enemies...

Why would Mandarin give him anything? Not saying it wont happen...but this film didnt exactly set Hammer up as a major threat.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:41 AM   #25
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW4 View Post
The one unfortunate thing with the Iron Man cast is that the actors minus Scarlett Johansson(if she is involved in the future films) aren't young. RBJ is 45 and will be 46 when filming The Avengers and hopefully only 47 while filming Iron Man 3. Don Cheadle is a year older and Paltrow turns 40 in 2012.

I'm not saying 40 is old and these days in Hollywood, 40s are the new 30's but it doesn't give them as much time like Captain America and Thor have.

While with Thor and Captain America neither Evans or Hemsworth are even 30 yet and countless sequels can be made with those lead characters.

RDJ is in incredible shape for his age. I know he will have to slow down soon but he'll still be able to do Avengers , IM2 , and maybe Avengers 2 . Meanwhile Marvel can still work on sequels to those other characters and create new ones .
Also ILM does most of the work ..

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote