The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-09-2010, 03:32 AM   #26
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: Are there clues in IM3 villian in IM2?

i really thought it was a missed opportunity to show that the dude who gave Vanko the fake ID and pass to the race was a member of the Ten Rings. At least show that he was wearing a RING.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #27
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

I keep reading how people are disappointed that the Ten Rings/Mandarin doesn't show up in Iron Man 2, but i dont think Favs is missing the target, but working this pretty well.

While obviously fans would love cues to Ten Rings/Mandarin up front, the sneaky approach, the behind the scenes approach that Favs is going with, letting the other villains have their time, while also developing this story behind the scenes.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #28
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
if you look into the arc reactor Ivan builds you can see Venom

M.O.Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #29
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruu View Post
As far as villains go, Mandarin, has those rings with so much advanced alien tech that it almost seems like magic.

I can just see their being a situation where people, even Tony, think it is magic, until he figures out itís not, and then he can counteract the Mandarin. Anyway, Avengers is going to be a massive movie, but Iím sure Iron Man 3 is almost assured.
sounds pretty good to me a little bit of how sherlock movie was, where everyone thinks it's magic and supernatural but in the end nothing more than cheap parlor tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruu View Post
Yeah, but the issue has always been how do you bring "magic" into the equation. Granted, the Mandarin's rings aren't magically, but science so advanced, it's magic to us...but that presents a perfect contrast to what Stark represents,...that of science being a panacea.
that's the angle thor is using. since the movie is in the same continuity, they could work that angle. but that's one of the reasons i hate cross-over movies.

in my personal opinion, based on the strong reality that the first two films are anchored in, the previous version works better. i feel that they are kinda ruining the continuity of the marvel-verse by streamlining thor to be realistic.

this is the same reason i don't want superman in nolan's batman universe.

M.O.Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #30
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The thing is we only know about the mobster in the second movie because we post on these forums. No one else would catch on to that otherwise.

In the first movie the 10 Rings were actually mentioned and their crest was shown.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #31
the alamo rippe
Banned User

anybody else think jon may give The mandarin a armored suit

the alamo rippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #32
MOVIELORD101
GOJIRA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think they're DEFINITELY going to reveal Mandarin as leader of the Ten Rings FOR SURE.
Speaking of Whiplash, what was up with him telling Tony "You lose" EVERY TIME TONY KICKS HIS SORRY CAN? There was NO way for Whiplash to get some sense of moral victory out of that unless he was just doing what he did as a weird act of suicide. Can someone PLEASE explain that? He was a good villain, but I just don't get that one part at all.

PSN: halo101
MOVIELORD101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #33
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

Its more of a sense of morality, Whiplash has proven that the Iron Man can be hurt, he can be embarrassed and that there are horrible people out in the world that have the ability to mimic his weaponry. Going against everything he stated wouldn't happen in the senate meeting.

The second time he says it, its more of a suicide bomber's style "You Lose" cause Whiplash is making all the drones and himself explode, which will no doubt cause casualties around the grounds and hopefully kill Iron Man himself.

Besides that...

ANyone manage to find that Fin Fang Foom easter egg/cameo that was all the rage in rumors?

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #34
protocida
Side-Kick

In Monaco, Ivan "won" by having the world see that Tony was wrong. That the Iron Man technology could be reproduced. That he wasn't as invencible as he led people to believe. That was Ivan's plan the whole time. Make "God" bleed for people to cease to believe him.

The second time, Ivan "won" by rigging the Drones to explode, destroying Stark Expo and, by extension, Tony's legacy. He just didn't knew that Tony rediscovered what his legacy truly was and no longer cared about indulging himself. Also, he didn't count on Tony being fast enough to save Pepper.

Fing Fang Foom appears in a bilboard during the chase scene, when Tony, Rhodes and the Air Assault Drones leave the Expo and fly arround the city.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #35
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

I know that, just guess i dont have the eye for it, i guess ill wait for a screencap of it appears to enjoy the easter egg.

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #36
kedrell
Band user

I already posted this idea regarding the 2nd "you lose" remark by Ivan in another thread but I'll reiterate it here:

Perhaps he had more than one meaning. If Ivan really wanted to get at Tony, what could be better than uploading all the secrets of how the power source works all over the internet before going to the final battle with Iron Man? That's what Tony's biggest fear is and why he was so adamant about doing "the lone gunslinger" thing the whole movie. And the set up for IM3 with the Mandarin then pretty much writes itself as what will probably be a take on the Armor Wars storyline. Keep in mind, the AW storyline couldn't have been as effective in this movie because one of the dramatic points to the story is that Iron Man actually fights other heroes who disagree with his actions. Now they hadn't been introduced by the time IM2 was out(other than Hulk, who wouldn't give a **** anyway) but they'll be fully usable by the time IM3 comes out.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #37
Avengers-Report
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Well, Whiplash bough his passport from a 10 Rings gangster.
Woahh did not catch that one.

Avengers-Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #38
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

Yeah, in the commentary, Fav's talks about it and says that he originally wanted to do a closeup on the guys neck where it shows that he has the Ten Rings logo tattooed on his neck.

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #39
the alamo rippe
Banned User

anybody wann bet the madrian will have a armored suit powered by the rings?

the alamo rippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #40
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

No.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #41
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
Yeah, in the commentary, Fav's talks about it and says that he originally wanted to do a closeup on the guys neck where it shows that he has the Ten Rings logo tattooed on his neck.
My question is . . . why didn't he?

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #42
Alientraveller
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.Steel View Post
sounds pretty good to me a little bit of how sherlock movie was, where everyone thinks it's magic and supernatural but in the end nothing more than cheap parlor tricks.
Problem is, Downey would object to making two films with the same twist. I think with Thor and The Avengers, we could definitely see a more 'fantastical' Mandarin considering based on each Marvel movie we know in this world:

Iron Man - AI exists.
The Incredible Hulk - The military has been working on supersoldiers since WW2, and the secret is serums and gamma radiation.
Iron Man 2 - That Howard Stark was on the verge of creating new elements.
Thor - Aliens exist.
Captain America -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Nazis had really advanced vehicles in the HYDRA division.

So gradually, being realistic is becoming less of a concern. Thank goodness for floating timelines, because the Marvel Universe would be so different from our world if fifty years had passed since Fantastic Four #1!

Alientraveller is offline   Reply With Quote