The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #76
ViciousValentin
Side-Kick

Default Re: After the credits scene ***SPOILERS***

IS it possible he lost the Hammer in a battle on Earth and is still recovering, when we get the scene in Ironman2. Obviously SHIELD already knows of his existence in IM2 as well as the existence of Captain America. Can we not assume THOR is already on Earth when Fury says his biggest problem is in the SOUTHWEST? And then again maybe it's not even THOR whom he is alluding too. Thor could already be part of the Initiative for all we know. Im sticking to my theory. THOR lost the HAMMER in battle with the HULK which we will see in the THOR movie. At the end of The Incredible Hulk Loki took control of the HULK while he was meditating, then LOKI leads HULK to battle THOR. They both end up hurt and defeated at the end with THOR losing his HAMMER. JUST speculation but I think we get HULK vs. THOR in THOR movie.

Last edited by ViciousValentin; 05-10-2010 at 11:02 AM.
ViciousValentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #77
meowth49
Decepticon Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousValentin View Post
IS it possible he lost the Hammer in a battle on Earth and is still recovering, when we get the scene in Ironman2. Obviously SHIELD already knows of his existence in IM2 as well as the existence of Captain America. Can we not assume THOR is already on Earth when Fury says his biggest problem is in the SOUTHWEST? And then again maybe it's not even THOR whom he is alluding too. Thor could already be part of the Initiative for all we know. Im sticking to my theory. THOR lost the HAMMER in battle with the HULK which we will see in the THOR movie. At the end of The Incredible Hulk Loki took control of the HULK while he was meditating, then LOKI leads HULK to battle THOR. They both end up hurt and defeated at the end with THOR losing his HAMMER. JUST speculation but I think we get HULK vs. THOR in THOR movie.
hulk vs thor in thor movie would be a waste of a great avengers moment, thor will already be battling destroyer and the forces of loki.

if he lost it would be battling the destroyer, id say.

save it for the avengers movie, all of them doing their best against hulk then thor shows up and lays the smack down on him

meowth49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #78
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I think people are getting a little too carried away with the crossover stuff. I very highly doubt that the Hulk will be playing a major role in Thor's movie, or any role at all beyond a minor cameo, at most.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #79
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah I agree Corp.
ViciousValentin, If you look at the first page of the Official Mjolnir thread I posted how Mjolnir returns in the comics, Hulk has NOTHING to do with Mjolnir returning to earth because Thor had stopped the Ragnarok Cycle, Asgard was gone and Thor was in a God sleep in the Void.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #80
GreenKToo
In the fire

I kinda look at it like this. It's assumed that Thor and Mjolnir probably fell to earth at terrific speed ( hence the crater). If Thor was unconscious when he fell, its quite possible he let go of Mjolnir, and just like a meteor that breaks up when it falls, the pieces can be scattered for miles. He could have easily fallen miles away from where Mjolnir landed.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #81
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Or, for all we know, Odin sends Thor to Earth first and then has Mjolnir fall later in a very impressive spectacle to ensure that Thor will hear about it and maybe have his memory jogged.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #82
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

yeah IF Thor fell with Mjolnir.
See, with the journey into mystery origin Thor was already on earth IN Blake and Blake found Mjolnir.
With the Recent return of Thor Mjolnir fell on it's own to Earth, we don't know what actually called Mjolnir to Earth.

From they way it Sounds Thor was banished after restarting an Ancient war so maybe after a time Odin sends Mjolnir to Earth which is what we're seeing in IM2.

....to every King.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #83
GreenKToo
In the fire

Yeah, so many possibilities.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #84
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
yeah IF Thor fell with Mjolnir.
See, with the journey into mystery origin Thor was already on earth IN Blake and Blake found Mjolnir.
With the Recent return of Thor Mjolnir fell on it's own to Earth, we don't know what actually called Mjolnir to Earth.

From they way it Sounds Thor was banished after restarting an Ancient war so maybe after a time Odin sends Mjolnir to Earth which is what we're seeing in IM2.
I would think that someone back on Asgard casts the Hammer down to earth upon learning of Loki's intentions to kill Thor with the Destroyer .... but then again, who would be able to do that? That would entail somebody being able to move it.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #85
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Odin can move it.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #86
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Well in the first draft,

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The dwarf king didn't agree with Odin's banishment of Thor, so he Transforms Mjolnir into a stick/cane and hides it in a pile of THOUSANDS of look alike Sticks at the base of the world tree, only THOR would know which was Mjolnir.

It'll be interesting in how they Adapt and combine the Recent return and the original Origin.

....to every King.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #87
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

My favorite thing that no one else has mentioned....SURPRISINGLY!!!

The Land of Enchantment.....

NICE PLACE!!! LOL

Old 05-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #88
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Oh yeah, I meant to say something about that. I like that they kept stressing that "land of enchantment" thing. Put my mind at ease regarding the magical aspects of Thor's character.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #89
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior

I think they were just saying that cuz it's the state motto. Everybody who lives here calls it "The Land of Entrapment".

"I have an accurate self assessment, which people call arrogance."

WillardNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:55 AM   #90
TheFuture
Rising

How could Thor lose the hammer? Doesn't it return to him in the comics when he throws it and ****?

TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #91
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yes, but it's not glued to him or anything. Presumably he lost it in some way that didn't involve his throwing it or he was separated from it some other way. Maybe Odin just flat-out took it from him--he can lift it and we know Thor coming to Earth in the first place is a punishment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
I think they were just saying that cuz it's the state motto. Everybody who lives here calls it "The Land of Entrapment".
Haha, poor New Mexicans. But I like that they keep focusing on that motto, since it has a clear tie to Thor being magical and "enchanting."

Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #92
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
How could Thor lose the hammer? Doesn't it return to him in the comics when he throws it and ****?
Well technically after the end of Volume 2 and the end of the Ragnarok cycle and Thor going into a God sleep in the void there was nobody to "watch" Mjolnir.
We do not know HOW Mjolnir returned to Earth just that there was trouble brewing on Earth where Thor was needed and it somehow returned on it's own.
Don't forget, Mjolnir is somewhat Sentinent due to the enchantments, it makes it's own decissions on who is worthy to pick it up, so who's to say Mjolnir can't sense when Thor's needed on Earth?

....to every King.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #93
Manowar
Side-Kick

Thor has to will Mjolnir to return to his hand. When Thor holsters the weapon, it doesn't fly out of the holster and back into his hand.

As for Mjolnir being on Earth while Thor was gone. Maybe Thor's true Mother, Mother Earth/Jord/Gaia or whatever she is called was watching over it herself

Manowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #94
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

I'd love a scene in Avengers where they are using heavy machinery to try to extract Mjolnir, only to have Thor walk by and nonchalantly pick it up. Cap and Ironman could try later in the film just out of curiosity, which could lead to a dramatic scene where Hulk IS able to pick it up near the end.

Shivsguy616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #95
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I would hate that, since the Hulk can't pick up Mjolnir. Why arbitrarily change that element for the movies?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #96
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Why arbitrarily change that element for the movies?
Why not? It's a seperate continuity, a seperate universe.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #97
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Because it's stupid. Why should the Hulk be able to lift Thor's hammer? The only people who want to see that are Hulk fanboys who aren't content with the fact that the Hulk is already portrayed as being stronger than everyone else put together. Not to mention the fact that the Hulk is a moronic savage, so it makes absolutely no sense for him to be worthy, and if you just have him lift it through pure strength, you're effectively pissing all over Thor's magic. Let another character have something special, for crying out loud, or why stop there? Why not hand over Cap's shield to the Hulk and have Tony Stark build a sweet suit of armor for him while you're at it?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #98
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

I don't particularly like Hulk that much, it would just be a good demonstration of strength for a film. I'm not going to argue with you about that sort of thing, because frankly I don't care as much as you do.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #99
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

A good demonstration of strength is the Hulk tossing tanks around or lifting a plane. The Hulk lifting Mjolnir is nothing more than a way of elevating the Hulk at Thor's expense.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #100
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manowar View Post
Thor has to will Mjolnir to return to his hand. When Thor holsters the weapon, it doesn't fly out of the holster and back into his hand.

As for Mjolnir being on Earth while Thor was gone. Maybe Thor's true Mother, Mother Earth/Jord/Gaia or whatever she is called was watching over it herself
Actually that's one thing that stays the same in both the Myth and Comic. Mjolnir was MADE to be thrown and return to the thrower, nothing is supposed to be able to stop it from returning to Thor's hand.
Odin had nothing to do with that part of the enchantment, that was the Dwarven magiks. For that matter most of the weapons made from uru that Asgardians own all do the same thing.
Sif has a Bow and Arrows made from Uru. The Arrows return to sif like Mjolnir to Thor.

....to every King.