The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 05-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #76
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Default Re: Discussion: The UK Election Thread

i can only state from what i've seen and i didn't mind thatcher, i liked the no nonsense attitude yeah she may have made some huge error towards the end but she did have a lot of thing right

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #77
regwec
Shakespearo

Thatcher cut the cancer out of the British state. She did it with a rusty razor and no anesthetic, and it hurt like hell, so nobody thanked her.

But she would sort this almighty mess out.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #78
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

I hate this ****... the Lib Dems are basically holding the country to ransom, they get to pick who the new PM is... and they didn't get **** all votes.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #79
regwec
Shakespearo

Looks like it will be Cameron after all. The sterling has already begun to climb in response.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #80
david icke
Banned User

Re: Thatcher. Thatcher was a ****ing scumbag who introduced the Poll Tax, an evil unfair taxation that favoured the rich and totally and utterly screwed the poor. She was a ****ing monster.

david icke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #81
Paradoxium

Time to move Ace, or you are going to have blood pressure problems

Old 05-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #82
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Good. He's the only one i trust to sort the economy out... even if it is painful... it's the only way to go.

And we should tell Europe to go **** themselves. If we went bankrupt they wouldn't help us... so why should we help them?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #83
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
Time to move Ace, or you are going to have blood pressure problems
Trust me man i am off outta this dump within a year. Going to Australia.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #84
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

honestly the more i think about the more ****ed we get

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #85
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

It's official, Prime Minister Brown has resigned.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #86
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord sho'nuff split ya.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #87
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Thatcher cut the cancer out of the British state. She did it with a rusty razor and no anesthetic, and it hurt like hell, so nobody thanked her.

But she would sort this almighty mess out.
Thatcher was a monster. Pure and simple. There were no redeeming qualities to her whatsoever and Britain under her was a nightmare.

She inspired the fascist government of "V for Vendetta". Enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber music

If Margaret Thatcher was in power again the country would go even more down the toilet. One the reasons the Tories didn't win outright is because people still think they are like they were under Thatcher.
Indeed it would. Thatcher was a nightmare and the country is lucky to be rid of her.

As for the Tories I remain skeptical but I hope they have changed and are nothing like they were under Thatcher's "Reign of Error"

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe

Last edited by Mystirious; 05-11-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Mystirious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #88
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

now lets see what happens

Old 05-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #89
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Did Brown have to resign? I learned about Britain's government last semester but don't recall the full details.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #90
regwec
Shakespearo

He didn't have to, but he wouldn't have survived a confidence vote. The constitutional right of the Queen to demand he return the seals of office has never been tested, and it would never come to that.

Well, goodbye Mr Brown and hello Mssrs Cameron and Clegg. I can only breathe a sigh of relief that Britain has been saved from a democratic crisis with its biggest political party excluded from office. We were standing on the precipice for a moment- thank goodness the wiser heads in the Labour party realised the danger.

Now the hard work begins. I hope the press and the public will give this new government enough credit and enough space to begin the dirty work left for them by New Labour.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #91
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Knaves View Post
Trust me man i am off outta this dump within a year. Going to Australia.
Then you can kick it down here with me and ***** about Bob Brown/Kevin Rudd/Tony Abbott with me... instead of the Liberal Dems/Labour/Tories.

It'll be a nice change of pace...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #92
Paradoxium

So I'm looking at the Liberal Democrat's economics... you know out of curiosity.

They seem to be even worse than Labor.

They seem to want to increase spending, tax the dwindling export manufacturing base, increase taxes on the base with the highest likelihood of tax evasion (elasticity of reported income), and cut taxes for the low income. And somehow that will reduce deficits magically in between.

At best their spending increases are offset with their dramatic taxes, but you still have the giant ass deficits. This is the best case scenario too. I doubt if you think in more dynamic terms (with tax revenues).

Hahhahahahahahaha this coalition is not lasting too long.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #93
regwec
Shakespearo

Actually, I think that the early details on the Tory/Liberal compromise on tax and spend are broadly sensible. The resistance to a rise in NI has been retained, the mansion tax has been dropped, the cuts to inheritance tax have been pushed aside in order to facilitate the lifting of the tax burden on the lowest earners. Meanwhile, the Liberals have clearly seen the course of events in the southern Eurozone, and have agreed with the Tory principle of spending restraint to cut the deficit as quickly as possible.

As for the Lib Dem manifesto; obviously you can chuck it in the bin now. Its authors had no hope that it would be implemented when they wrote it.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #94
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec
As for the Lib Dem manifesto; obviously you can chuck it in the bin now. Its authors had no hope that it would be implemented when they wrote it.
Given that the Lib Dems are the only political party I do not despise here in the UK that is not encouraging

Old 05-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #95
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post
Thatcher was a monster. Pure and simple. There were no redeeming qualities to her whatsoever and Britain under her was a nightmare.

She inspired the fascist government of "V for Vendetta". Enough said.

Indeed it would. Thatcher was a nightmare and the country is lucky to be rid of her.

As for the Tories I remain skeptical but I hope they have changed and are nothing like they were under Thatcher's "Reign of Error"
I am making a guess where you are coming from and I can understand if my guess is right, why you would have such an opinion but her early policies helped the UK out of a quagmire. She also held firm against the trade unions allowing for much needed reform. Most of her policies were unpopular and hit hard quite a few people but they were effective over all. Of course, she also made mistakes as well.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #96
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian

Mussolini made the trains run on time. Just because someone does something good it doesn't make up for all the evil they are responsible for

I don't really care about any "Good" she managed to achieve. She, and the Tories of the 80's were one of the worst blights this country has ever suffered . I consider them just as bad as the BNP of today

The 80's were a godawful time and Thatcher was an evil woman.

I don't want a return to the fascism, bigotry and small mindedness of the Thatcher years. Her answer to protests was to have people trampled by police on horseback and she was a small minded witch responsible for evil and bigoted legislation against the LGBT community. That alone is enugh to make me hate her. Really where a politician stands on personal freedoms and gay rights are the only things that matter to me. I don't care about anything else.

Put bluntly, I do not care about economics or anything else Thatcher may have done. The harm she did to the cause of Gay rights and the LGBT community with evil and homophobic legislation like Section 28 is more than enough to make me despise the woman. I'm glad she's gone and anyone wanting her back really has no idea what it was like living in the 80's in Britain for anyone who wasn't a wealthy, white heterosexual who conformed to the prejudiced ideas of what was "Normal".

Britain in the 80s was a nightmare. And Thatcher was the one to blame.

Last edited by Mystirious; 05-12-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #97
BlackLantern
Banned User

you can not be concerned about economics, and then you can not complain when produce or gas or anything else you might buy skyrockets in price

so how does this work now?? the third place guy gets to be Deputy Prime Minister?? how the **** does that happen?

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #98
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Really where a politician stands on personal freedoms and gay rights are the only things that matter to me. I don't care about anything else.

Put bluntly, I do not care about economics or anything else Thatcher may have done.
You have an extraordinarily narrow outlook.

What good are equal rights if everyone is losing their homes and starving?

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #99
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
you can not be concerned about economics, and then you can not complain when produce or gas or anything else you might buy skyrockets in price
I'm not denying that economics matters. It's just not something I consider very important compared to everything else. All I really care about is what the government is going to do for me and people like me. Personal freedom and liberty and gay rights are the only issues I really care about when it comes to politics. Everything else really does not interest me

Cameron's made a lot of promises to the LGBT community. If he keeps them, I'll take back...some of the things I've said about the Tories. If he backs down and breaks those promises then as far as I'm concerned he's a lousy Prime Minister and I'll be getting the hell out of this country

Quote:
so how does this work now?? the third place guy gets to be Deputy Prime Minister?? how the **** does that happen?
The wonders of the political system

Old 05-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #100
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
You have an extraordinarily narrow outlook.

What good are equal rights if everyone is losing their homes and starving?
What good is a roof over your head and food in your belly if you don't have equal rights? If you can't live the life you want to live? Frankly, I'd rather be homeless and starving but have equal rights than be well fed and sheltered but be oppressed.

In my opinion if all people aren't equal, if people don't have the freedom to lead the life they want to lead, to love the person they want to love, then it doesn't matter what else they have. There is no excuse for a government not to grant equal rights to all its citizens and give them the freedom to lead whatever life they choose to lead.

Equality and freedom are the only things that matter to me. Everything else is secondary. Money, food, shelter...none of that matters if the people aren't free to be who they want to be and lead the lifestyle they want to lead

Last edited by Mystirious; 05-12-2010 at 09:38 AM.