The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-09-2010, 03:29 AM   #51
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: Avengers discrepency? (SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Marvel is a business it gets dollars. Theres no way rdj is not going to be the front and center of the avengers movie. You really believe the guy who played johnny storm will be given main stage? Downey's presence alone wouldn't allow that.

Not to mention i really feel the captain america movie will have as much BO clout as TIH.
rI'm sure Downey will get spotlight but Evans can still play his role. The one thing Captain America has going for it is that we haven't seen him on the screen yet (unless you count the obscure one). I think it will do better

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:01 AM   #52
Heretic
Side-Kick

Captain America is coming out two months after Thor...the same thing that happened with TIH.

Also, in between those...X-Men is coming out...not to mention DC's Green Lantern and other blockbuster films (Transformers 3, Pirates 4, Harry Potter)

So, Marvel will have several things to promote all at once, in the most competitive movie time ever...and Captain America could very well get lost in the shuffle.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #53
sdc10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Captain America is coming out two months after Thor...the same thing that happened with TIH.

Also, in between those...X-Men is coming out...not to mention DC's Green Lantern and other blockbuster films (Transformers 3, Pirates 4, Harry Potter)

So, Marvel will have several things to promote all at once, in the most competitive movie time ever...and Captain America could very well get lost in the shuffle.
Actually Marvel only has two things to promote, Thor and Cap considering those are the only two Marvel actually has a hand in creating.

sdc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #54
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdc10 View Post
Actually Marvel only has two things to promote, Thor and Cap considering those are the only two Marvel actually has a hand in creating.
And all they had to promote were Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk...with Hulk coming second....and Hulk got the shaft...and yet you see no chance of Captain American getting the shaft????

My point is that not only are they doing exactly what they did with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk...but they have many, many more top tier blockbusters, including two superhero films, to compete with for public attention and dollars.

So...it's like The Incredible Hulk situation...but much worse.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #55
sdc10
Side-Kick

Quote:
And all they had to promote were Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk...with Hulk coming second....and Hulk got the shaft...and yet you see no chance of Captain American getting the shaft????

My point is that not only are they doing exactly what they did with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk...but they have many, many more top tier blockbusters, including two superhero films, to compete with for public attention and dollars.

Well i guess im just more optimistic person than you are, plus theres no real reason to get worked up over stuff thats happening a year from now. Also lets just say it doesnt do too hot at the theatres, i certainly dont think the movie is going to bomb and its not like the avengers will get cancelled if it doesnt do great. Plus I really think that when the Avengers comes out that people who may not have seen TIH or any other of these movies will go back and watch them to get caught up.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #56
STR1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Marvel is a business it gets dollars. Theres no way rdj is not going to be the front and center of the avengers movie. You really believe the guy who played johnny storm will be given main stage? Downey's pressence alone wouldn't allow that.

Not to mention i really feel the captain america movie will have as much BO clout as TIH.

This!

If no one can see this...I don't know what to say.

IM will lead the Avengers and not CA. Forget the comics, its about the real actors. Downey has alot more pull than whoever plays Captain America.

STR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #57
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR1 View Post
This!

IM will lead the Avengers and not CA. Forget the comics, its about the real actors. Downey has alot more pull than whoever plays Captain America.
I agree but if the screenplay is written well we won't have to worry about this problem.

According to Fury's attitude towards Stark still being immature, by the time Stark is a full member in the Avengers film he obviously must have changed his attitude for Fury to accept him on the team. If the movie is written well, Stark with a better attitude should be respectful towards an American war hero/legend like Captain America.

If they have him clowning on Captain A the whole time then they failed and shouldn't have been in charge of writing the script.

I understand that Downey Jr is in the spot light and has a huge personality and great charisma but they'll have to "calm him down" so to speak in the Avengers film. If anything, somewhat like the comics, I think both Cap and IM will co-lead. It will be stupid to have only IM be the main lead just because of the actor.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #58
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:

Cap isn't getting sandwiched like TIH though. HP8 is gonna bring in its core viewership regardless of where it gets put out. I don't buy this, "More people will flock b/c its the last HP film." Its a part 2er so if you didn't see part 1 you probably won't see part 2 unless you get dragged in. TF3 is gonna bomb after the second week. GL and FC will have run out of gas by then.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #59
sdc10
Side-Kick

Quote:
This!

I was actually thinking to myself that Cap and Iron Man would actually but heads in the movie, obviously Tony's attitude is gonna conflict with the more straight laced Cap.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #60
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: Avengers discrepency? (SPOILERS)

I saw Iron Man 2 with two friends last night and one of the girls got REALLY pissed when Nick Fury took the Avengers folder away from Stark.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #61
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: Avengers discrepency? (SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I agree but if the screenplay is written well we won't have to worry about this problem.

According to Fury's attitude towards Stark still being immature, by the time Stark is a full member in the Avengers film he obviously must have changed his attitude for Fury to accept him on the team. If the movie is written well, Stark with a better attitude should be respectful towards an American war hero/legend like Captain America.

If they have him clowning on Captain A the whole time then they failed and shouldn't have been in charge of writing the script.

I understand that Downey Jr is in the spot light and has a huge personality and great charisma but they'll have to "calm him down" so to speak in the Avengers film. If anything, somewhat like the comics, I think both Cap and IM will co-lead. It will be stupid to have only IM be the main lead just because of the actor.
Well, to be honest, we all know what happened with X3.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #62
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981 View Post
Well, to be honest, we all know what happened with X3.
You referring to Wolverine taking the spotlight?

Yeah, that could very well happen but according to all the Whedon fans(if he gets the job)he's very good at handling ensemble casts so hopefully if he directs it won't turn out like Wolverine and the X-men.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #63
Heretic
Side-Kick

Iron Man will of course be the "star" of the Avengers. However, more than likely he will be filling more of a advisory role, helping to shape things. Iron Man 2 went out of its way to prove that Iron Man is no battlefield leader. It was impossible to miss that in the film. So, Captain America will lead the battle strategy.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #64
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

I still think Stark will end up fighting as Iron Man in the Avengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #65
Heretic
Side-Kick

Oh, of course he will appear as Iron Man. He just wont be the field leader.

He wasn't even the battlefield leader in Iron Man 2. He seemed to have little to no knowledge of battle strategy...which is why War Machine was schooling him...and why Captain America will tell him what to do in a fight in Avengers.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #66
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
This!

Just because RDJ's the more popular and skilled actor does not he's going to lead the team. Evans doesn't have to outperform Downey. He just has to hold his own and at this point, I think Evans is a skilled enough actor to do that.

Also, Cap will still be leader anyway. Just because Iron Man's more popular does not mean he has to be leader. Marvel's not as stupid as FOX (referring to the X-men series).

Quote:
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #67
Heretic
Side-Kick

Of course.

Also, Marvel is using these movies to increase the publics knowledge of these characters. They have always been below DC in truly iconic characters. Captain America especially has surely been disappointing for them of late. There is no way that they will waste the opportunity to promote one of their top characters in order to further promote a character that has already grown tremendously in the public's eyes.

Marvel knows that Cap should be one of their top 2 or 3 guys. They know he is a military leader. They arent going to destroy that by having Iron Man be the leader...especially when they showed in Iron Man 2 that he is not a leader.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #68
the alamo rippe
Banned User

At the end when hes getting awarded with a medal didint the senator say that he has a role in government?

the alamo rippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #69
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Tony said he would accept Fury's consultant offer IF Fury would arrange for the Senator to give them the medals. So his scene in TIH works just fine.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #70
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think he took the role at the end of the scene, like Mister J points out.

One thing I loved about the movie is this movie I feel dispelled that idea people had that IM's box office would lead them to make Stark the prime focus and leader of the Avengers. This film showed exactly WHY Tony cannot lead a team, and it makes me very confident Cap is the main guy in Avengers, as he should be. Marvel gets it.

I am sure Stark will become an official member in Avengers. Remember, he said that Stark was BEGINNING in a consultant role. He never said Stark had no shot to become a member ever. Big difference.

Quote:
This!

technically Marvel would not be forgetting the comics since Tony led the team before Cap ever did

Old 05-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #71
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Yeah but Cap led the team after they found Tony.

Also, I wonder if there will even be an Avengers team before they find Cap. I doubt imo since the Avengers is released after Cap.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #72
jab1118
Side-Kick

Honestly the leader isn't usually the coolest character because they have to be the responsable one. The biggest thing fox didn't get was yeah wolverine is the most popular character. But he's popular because he's the renegade who doesn't always follow the rules. He would prefer to be on his own but joins the team for the greater good. This is exactly how they are setting up Tony and I hope they stick with it. Let Guys like Cap and Cyclops be the hororable responsable ones. At the same time Tony should want to be the leader but eventually come to realize Cap is the better man for the job

jab1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #73
gridlockd
Side-Kick

I thought the whole reason Fury said TOny wasn't fit to be in the Avengers was to keep from having to pay RDJ all that money to appear in the movie.

Why would they downgrade him to 'consultant' otherwise? I think they're trying to brace us for someone else being in the suit, and Downey will be kind of a walk-on in Avengers.

Who said they're not doing Ant Man? That had potential to be the best one yet, if directed by the Shawn of the dead guy. C'mon, they gotta do that! They got my hopes all up.

gridlockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #74
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

No, no. Iron Man AND War Machine (At least the guy who plays him) are being featured in Avengers. That's the beauty of this movie they're combining so many actors, characters, developers, writers and scripters as well as various backgrounds (Thor's mythology and Iron Man's technology) and trying to meld them into one movie. TIH and IM and 2 were not made by the exact same people; One of the REASONS people are so excited for that movie, I'm sure even a movie trailer of Avengers would get people on the edges of their chairs.

Last edited by venomfangs125; 05-16-2010 at 08:46 AM.
venomfangs125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #75
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridlockd View Post
I thought the whole reason Fury said TOny wasn't fit to be in the Avengers was to keep from having to pay RDJ all that money to appear in the movie.

Why would they downgrade him to 'consultant' otherwise? I think they're trying to brace us for someone else being in the suit, and Downey will be kind of a walk-on in Avengers.

Who said they're not doing Ant Man? That had potential to be the best one yet, if directed by the Shawn of the dead guy. C'mon, they gotta do that! They got my hopes all up.
I don't get why people aren't seeing this, but Downey will be in the Avengers and he will be as Iron Man. They said he will be a consultant, but he's gonna end up in the suit. Can you imagine how pissed people will be if RDJ isn't in the Avenger or if he doesn't suit up as Iron Man in it? Marvel's not dumb enough to do either.

Quote: