The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #126
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

Default Re: Where does Iron Man 2 stand among other superhero sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post

I enjoyed SM3 and I couldn't care less what people think of that opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I get a lot of ridicule for liking Spider-Man 3

But, that doesn't sway me

I really enjoyed TIH, too. Very fun movie, and a quality comic film.
THIS.

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #127
Leenie
Make Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I liked several things about X2, but I just had so much more fun watching IM2 than X2.

btw speaking of sequels, did anyone else's whole theater boo at the screen when the Eclipse trailer came on? That was a highlight of my night
At the midnight show I went to, the audience ENTHUSIASTICALLY booed at it. I did as well.

It was AWESOME.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Kick-Ass, (8) Batman (89),
(9) Captain America: The First Avenger, (10) X-Men: DoFP
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #128
Leenie
Make Up!

Quote:
I get a lot of ridicule for liking Spider-Man 3
I get a lot of heat for liking it, too.

Granted, it doesn't have the quality of the first two Spidey flicks, but I'm still happy with it.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Kick-Ass, (8) Batman (89),
(9) Captain America: The First Avenger, (10) X-Men: DoFP
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #129
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
I get a lot of heat for liking it, too.

Granted, it doesn't have the quality of the first two Spidey flicks, but I'm still happy with it.
Few comic movies are on par with the first 2 Spideys

But, while I don't think SM3 was a great movie, I still liked it. All of the problems the film has stem from the Black Suit/Venom...outside the issues in that plot, it's rather good.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #130
Parker Wayne
I can fly.

Quote:
Few comic movies are on par with the first 2 Spideys

But, while I don't think SM3 was a great movie, I still liked it. All of the problems the film has stem from the Black Suit/Venom...outside the issues in that plot, it's rather good.
People say that Venom was the problem, but Venom wasn't the problem at all. The black suit storyline was poorly executed by Raimi/Maguire, and Sandman was the character that felt rushed, not Venom.

Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #131
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey 2007 View Post
So the incredible hulk was a sequel? Not in my book.
I perceive it as a partial reboot of the origin/sequel. I lumped Batman Begins in there just because different Batman interpretations have been done so many times and Batman Begins really was very well put together.

I fell in love with The Incredible Hulk. And the twist is, I'm not even a big Hulk fan. He is actuall my least favorite Avenger, but I really enjoyed the last interpretation of the Hulk on the big screen.

IMO The Incredible Hulk's Betty >>>> Iron Man's Pepper >>> Spiderman Trilogy's Mary Jane (this is from the perspective of the movie verse).

I really loved the chemistry between the characters in TIH.

ThanosOfTitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #132
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
People say that Venom was the problem, but Venom wasn't the problem at all. The black suit storyline was poorly executed by Raimi/Maguire, and Sandman was the character that felt rushed, not Venom.
He was rushed because they had to make room for the black suit story, cause it is too complicated to fit in with 2 other villains.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #133
epc11223
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay I'm gonna stop you here. Transformers 2's concept was muddled up and confusing. It was almost as bad as the actual execution of the concept. Concept doesn't matter though if its so terribly executed.

And thats a terrible reason to hate on Spiderman 2. It did introduce something new and had a completely new theme. The theme of Spiderman 2 was sacrifice, and its funny that you didn't realize that seeing that your top two films (The Dark Knight and Superman 2) dealed with the same thing. A hero giving up (or pondering giving up) his hero persona in order to lead a normal life. Many things were better than the original (also a good film); the action, the villain, the dialogue. Though Peter Parker was Peter Parker in a Spiderman suit instead of Spiderman, it wasn't a bad as it was going to be in 3 and I could accept because the film was good.

Meanwhile Transformers 2 was a mess. The actions wasn't as good as the first one (which I deviated to the locations of the battle and those stupid sword things). The acting was awful. The dialogue was terrible. The characters (the ones introduced in the second) were stupid. Worst of all, and I can't believe I would say this about a Transformers movie, but it was boring! It was so boring. Michael Bay managed to make a film about fighting robots boring. Worst of all, he took the only redeeming character (Optimus Prime) out of the film for most of the middle of the film. The film was just downright insulting and there's no way I'm seeing Transformers 3.
you're completely missing my point though. my problem with spider-man 2 is that it was too much like superman II. yes, the dark knight dealt with sacrifice, but it was for a totally different reason. superman gave up being superman for love, batman in the dark knight wanted to sacrifice his batman identity to protect people. parker gave up being spider for love which i think is the same reason that superman gave up his identity which i think is a bit of a rip off. again, i felt that spider-man repeated the core of the first movie with having a mentor turn into a villain. plus if superman knew about zod he wouldn't have given up his powers. i haven't seen spider-man 2 in awhile but i'm pretty sure he had a fight with dr. oct and then decided to give up his powers. knowing that there is a threat and still giving up his powers to me is anti hero. yes i'm sure there are problems with supemran II but i'm a huge superman fan so i'm going to be somewhat biased. there was ridiculous things in superman II, but nothing too out of character. i dont know nearly as much about spider-man, but i'm pretty sure if he saw someone getting mugged, he would have tried to help and not go about eating his hot dog. i'm also pretty certain that mj wouldn't stand up a good guy at the altar. these are the things that i don't care for. plus in all of the spider-man films the villain finds out his secret identity. that is kind of silly. also in spider-man 2, i dont think spider-man was really in it all that much. yea there were a few good spider-man scenes but 2/3rds the movie he's parker. if the film is good for you, that's great. but i have a feeling you're more of a spider-man fan which is also fine. i just wouldn't put it in my top five. i think i enjoy the incredible hulk more.

as for transformers 2, in the movies i found it pretty boring, but i find that when i watch it at home, it's more enjoyable. sure there are things about that are pretty bad, but like iron man, it's meant to just be an enjoyable film and doesn't try to make people think that it's shakespeare and it's not like we have optimus prime crying. i'm not saying its a perfect film, and i'm not even saying there weren't things about it that wasn't ridiculous, but the characters that are in it are far more accurate that spider-man 2. i really don't think the characters in spider-man act like the characters that they are known for. spectacular spider-man and the spider-man cartoon from the 90's depicted the characters closer to the source material with adding new layers that made them interesting and relevant.

to keep this post relevant to iron man, i found that the way they incorporated his drinking problems from the comic book and translated it onto film was quite genius. it didnt go too much into detail with it but showed a glimpse of how he could be. tony stark acted much like the tony stark that we know. i also found that the action in iron man was pretty decent and for a good part of the movie we either get to see iron man or war machine or other characters that are relevant to the story of iron man. was iron man 2 perfect? well i actually like the first one more but i would certainly like to see iron man 2 again so that i can give it a fair shot since you go in with expectations and can't properly digest it with one viewing. at first i really enjoyed spider-man 2 and saw it twice in the movie theater. but then when i got it at home, i don't really enjoy it nearly as much and find more problems the more times i watch it. with transformers 2, i only saw it once in the movies because i found it boring. but now that i have it at home, i find that i enjoy it more and i sometimes use the fast forward button to make it quicker because it really does need editing (never said it was perfect). but at least with transformers 2, it really didnt take anything from other movies that were clearly already done. to me, it at least tried to make it fresh.

epc11223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #134
Ipodman
Love Tension

Quote:
Meanwhile Transformers 2 was a mess. The actions wasn't as good as the first one (which I deviated to the locations of the battle and those stupid sword things). The acting was awful. The dialogue was terrible. The characters (the ones introduced in the second) were stupid. Worst of all, and I can't believe I would say this about a Transformers movie, but it was boring! It was so boring. Michael Bay managed to make a film about fighting robots boring. Worst of all, he took the only redeeming character (Optimus Prime) out of the film for most of the middle of the film. The film was just downright insulting and there's no way I'm seeing Transformers 3.
The action was better than the first one. The locations were better. The swords were cool. The acting was good. The dialogue was good. The characters were interesting. It was highly entertaining. Optimus Prime had enough screen time. I'll be definitely seeing Transformers 3.

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #135
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was garbage, I must agree. I'll probably end up seeing TF3, but I have zero hype for it. Literally, zero hype. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was probably the worst major summer film of the last decade. It made the Fantastic Four films look great in comparison. That is just sad

Old 05-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #136
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

Quote:
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was garbage, I must agree. I'll probably end up seeing TF3, but I have zero hype for it. Literally, zero hype. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was probably the worst major summer film of the last decade. It made the Fantastic Four films look great in comparison. That is just sad
WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THOSE

Old 05-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #137
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Personally I think Spiderman 2 is way too bland to be considered as great. And too boring to be good,thus is why I only liking it as an alternate take on Spiderman and not a definitive take,I'm in the I'll take what I have to reluctantly get camp.

Last edited by S.A.A.D.; 05-09-2010 at 08:31 PM.
S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #138
Ipodman
Love Tension

Yea I'm having zero hype for Bayformers 3 too

Old 05-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #139
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc11223 View Post
you're completely missing my point though. my problem with spider-man 2 is that it was too much like superman II. yes, the dark knight dealt with sacrifice, but it was for a totally different reason. superman gave up being superman for love, batman in the dark knight wanted to sacrifice his batman identity to protect people.
I could have sworn in TDK Bruce wanted to pass the mantle to Harvey Dent so he could give up being Batman to be with Rachel and live a normal life.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #140
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomvsspidey View Post
WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THOSE
I feel dirty saying anything makes those look great...but Bayformers 2 did it

Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #141
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

Quote:
I feel dirty saying anything makes those look great...but Bayformers 2 did it
...I know. The FF movies, as bad as they are at least have Chris Evans casted right

Old 05-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #142
Ipodman
Love Tension

At least the robots dont look as cheesy as the Fantastic Four plane thingy

Old 05-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #143
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
...I know. The FF movies, as bad as they are at least have Chris Evans casted right
That was really all they got right

That Dr. Doom still makes me want to hit people.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #144
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

LOL at the uber Spiderman fans.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #145
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

Quote:
That was really all they got right

That Dr. Doom still makes me want to hit people.
Agreed. and they had so much potential, cause the guy playing him could have been a great villain. DAMN YOU FOX!

Old 05-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #146
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Quote:
Agreed. and they had so much potential, cause the guy playing him could have been a great villain. DAMN YOU FOX!
I thought that Dr.Doom was better in FF 2,he seemed more closer to being the super smart Dr.Doom that we know imo.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #147
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Iron Man 2 > Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Blade II, Batman Returns.

Iron Man 2 = Spider-Man 2, X2.

Superman II, The Dark Knight > Iron Man 2.

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #148
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.A.D View Post
I thought that Dr.Doom was better in FF 2,he seemed more closer to being the super smart Dr.Doom that we know imo.
Closer as in not entirely nothing like comic Doom? You're right, but that was still NOT Doom in the least. Those films completely missed why Reed and Doom are rivals, and the second film insulted us all by removing the scars. Also, I love how Cosmic Doom gets owned by Super Skrull Johnny in like 2 seconds. Some all powerful character

Not to mention it seemed the only point of intelligence he had was figuring out the board was the power source. Reed did EVERYTHING else.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #149
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Quote:
Closer as in not entirely nothing like comic Doom? You're right, but that was still NOT Doom in the least. Those films completely missed why Reed and Doom are rivals, and the second film insulted us all by removing the scars. Also, I love how Cosmic Doom gets owned by Super Skrull Johnny in like 2 seconds. Some all powerful character

Not to mention it seemed the only point of intelligence he had was figuring out the board was the power source. Reed did EVERYTHING else.
Yeah,he was able to undo the scars that he had. I rather take close enough
compared to not close enough.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #150
epc11223
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k View Post
I could have sworn in TDK Bruce wanted to pass the mantle to Harvey Dent so he could give up being Batman to be with Rachel and live a normal life.

while that is a good point, and i honestly forgot about that, but i think he was toying with the idea because he felt that he was putting people in harms way with people dressing up as batman. so it was kind of two reasons why he originally wanted to give up being batman. but when he was getting closer to giving it up, i felt it was more about saving people than finding love.

epc11223 is offline   Reply With Quote