The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #1
Khonshu
Side-Kick

Default Wouldn't it be cool if the Scarlet Witch...

...was the character gateway between the MCU and the Fox X-Men/FF franchises?

I know it'll never happen, and believe me - I would only want this if the ENTIRE event was exclusively managed by MCU, but man... now that MCU has decided to properly introduce the Scarlet Witch and her reality-bending powers, wouldn't she be the key to a cinematic crossover?

Khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #2
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Default Re: Wouldn't it be cool if the Scarlet Witch...

Nope. X-Men wouldn't fit the current MCU at all - and whilst the idea of this big crossover is cool, it's unnecessary and just wouldn't work.

Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #3
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

If the X-Men films can't even fit with each other, there is no way they can fit within the MCU.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM   #4
Predator
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
Nope. X-Men wouldn't fit the current MCU at all - and whilst the idea of this big crossover is cool, it's unnecessary and just wouldn't work.
I agree with this.

Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM   #5
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

While the idea is not without merit, and god knows Marvel is chock-full of heroes crossing over into alt universes all the time, there doesn't seem to be any real reason to do something like that other than to say, "Hey, what if Iron Man fought Magneto? Or Storm met Thor?" Or some such. It'd feel a bit like those Marvel vs. DC crossovers --- yeah, it's fanwank, but in the end, the stories are beyond stupid and unsustainable, and have zero impact on their respective worlds when everybody leaves the sandbox and goes back home.

As a reader of comics for 40+ years, I've gotta say that it's always bothered me that the X-Universe and 616 Universe rarely ever crossed paths. If the X-Men had a crossover event, like one of those periodic mutant purges by some supervillain or other, the Avengers were never anywhere to be found. And vice versa....nobody ever asked the X-Men for help when the Avengers were out taking on Ultron or Skrulls or Kang. AVX a few years ago was really one of the few times a crossover between the two main Marvel teams was ever addressed.

As far as I'm concerned, the X-Men and the Avengers have always existed separate but equal in the comics, and this arrangement between Fox and Marvel works out just fine.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #6
def28
Side-Kick

Do you mean to warrant the whole X team and not just individual members or small teams? I remember Fall Of The Mutants, Secret Wars, House Of M, Civil War and Secret Invasion having a mix. And Original Sin will follow. X Members are almost always in the big crossovers. Wasn't Beast made an Avenger in the 70s?

Plus nowadays we have had even more crossovers. All New X-Men with GOTG, UXM fighting Shield with Dazzler being an agent, Uncanny Avengers, X-23 and Avengers Academy, A+X books etc. To a current reader all these guys work together and interact quite often. Cap even crosses over to Deadpool every now and then, because of how their pasts are connected.

Filmwise I prefer X-Men separate myself casue there are just too many characters but having like one or two characters crossover aint a big deal. It wouldn't have to be the whole team or anything. Too many characters as it is. Either way doesn't matter I guess, both have plenty to work with. I've seen so many things work nowadays that this would be far from impossible to do given the right time and crew. But with where everything is now, it's tough to imagine ever happening.

...but if Scarlet Witch and QS were the bridge to a studio truce, it's difficult to imagine fans not being ecstatic.

Last edited by def28; Yesterday at 05:32 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM   #7
Silvermoth
Avenger

Nah, that would be a bit boring. I thought you were going to say wouldn't it be cool if she had her own solo movie or something