The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 05-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
NealKenneth
Side-Kick

Default Nitpick the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

I thought it'd be fun to make a thread for all the little things in the MCU that annoy you. Let me start with:
  • The costume color palette - In Civil War, everyone's costume is either mostly red or mostly black. This is very dull to me. The easiet fix I think would be Falcon, especially in the scene from Ant-Man, where it's two red guys fighting each other. Yellow or orange would make him more distinct. Green would be great but that might infringe too much on Vulture.
  • Yondu's arrow is overpowered - I feel like he could kill most of the Guardians or the Avengers rather easily. Where did those arrows come from anyway and why don't more people use them?
  • Jane Foster stumbles across the Aether - I am willing to accept a little plot convenience, but if you have to bend this far to involve a character...you should think about dropping that character.

NealKenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Nitpick the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

There's so many things to nitpick I wouldn't even know when to began. One thing that always bugged me is in AoU. How did Thor know the Avengers had the body of Vision at the tower. He just shows up and fired up lightning out of nowhere.

TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:43 PM   #3
NealKenneth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
How did Thor know the Avengers had the body of Vision at the tower. He just shows up and fired up lightning out of nowhere.
Maybe me asked Heimdell?

F.R.I.D.A.Y. - Her voice is so annoying and the line "Sokovia is going for a ride." So corny

NealKenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #4
I Am The Knight
Pray for DC fans.

Um...I was watching TWS the other day and I kept wondering why Bucky didn't just shoot at Cap's legs during their last fight inside the Helicarrier.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630! / Ɉ
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
Grommers
Side-Kick

I'd actually prefer if they start labelling themselves as Comedy's and less action adventure, most of these movies are funnier than most comedy's than come out, and compared to movies like "This is the end" "Central Intelligence" "Ghost Busters", it has very similar suspense and action scenes, just with a larger budget, but more often than not are much funnier than these counter parts.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #6
harryoscop
I still believe in Heroes

There are too many humanoids & humans (Xandarians look just like humans) in GOTG. Specifically people merely painted in different colors. It's kinda lazy & lame on the design team's part.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #7
Spiderine
Sho nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealKenneth View Post
I thought it'd be fun to make a thread for all the little things in the MCU that annoy you. Let me start with:
  • The costume color palette - In Civil War, everyone's costume is either mostly red or mostly black. This is very dull to me. The easiet fix I think would be Falcon, especially in the scene from Ant-Man, where it's two red guys fighting each other. Yellow or orange would make him more distinct. Green would be great but that might infringe too much on Vulture.
  • Yondu's arrow is overpowered - I feel like he could kill most of the Guardians or the Avengers rather easily. Where did those arrows come from anyway and why don't more people use them?
  • Jane Foster stumbles across the Aether - I am willing to accept a little plot convenience, but if you have to bend this far to involve a character...you should think about dropping that character.
As long as somebody blow Yondu's mohawk or him to kingdom come while he's distracted he's done. If they sit there and watch the arrow show you're done.

Last edited by Spiderine; 05-12-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #8
Spiderine
Sho nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryoscop View Post
There are too many humanoids & humans (Xandarians look just like humans) in GOTG. Specifically people merely painted in different colors. It's kinda lazy & lame on the design team's part.
They were a little more creative with the Broker. They braided his scalp.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
ADollarADay
Side-Kick

- Cap coming out of nowhere jumping outside of the german theater to block Loki's strike was always weird to me.
- Banner inexplicably having a love relationship with Natasha in AoU was just bizarre and came out of nowhere. No back story, nothing, and it completely ignores Betty from TIH
- Ultron not being more powerful. He should never be killed, just contained
- Someone as fast as quicksilver dying the way he did
- There's a scene in CW where Cap just shows up in Sokovia out of nowhere with Falcon, I think, I don't remember it right, but I might be off here
- AIM people in Ironman 3 go through Tony's suits like a hot knife through butter, it was just bizarre. They should have shown a more advanced Tony tech where they wouldn't be able to go through it. Remember in Ironman 1 Tony got hit directly by a missile from a tank, and that was his first main suit, you'd think the tech would get better not worse.
- When going after Starlord/infinity stone, Gamora jumps from the second floor to the first and lands like a normal human being expects her to land, change the scene and come back to her and she's in a very hero like pose

There are others, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

ADollarADay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:31 PM   #10
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
There's so many things to nitpick I wouldn't even know when to began. One thing that always bugged me is in AoU. How did Thor know the Avengers had the body of Vision at the tower. He just shows up and fired up lightning out of nowhere.
He saw them through those big-ass glasses of the Avengers Tower.

First Avenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #11
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Nitpicks...

1. Pym should have some tie to Ultron. How easy it would've been to mention it in the scene in Ant-Man where he talks about them dropping cities out of skies. Or while Bruce and Tony were discussing Ultron being a "myth."

2. Vision and Scarlet Witch absent from most of the airport battle. A ten second scene of them facing off would have been ideal.

3. Thor's supporting cast. Are mostly just empty faces. Selvig, Darcy, Sif and the Warriors Three. Either beef them up or trim them out. I wouldn't mind 10-15 minutes added to each movie just for side characters (preferably the Asgardian ones)

4. "There's only one god, ma'am..." Joss Whedon should steer clear of writing for Cap. So cringey.

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote