The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 08-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Default Should Avenger's 3 even be the title?

Just wondering with all these Non Avenger MCU characters popping up and on the horizon. Shouldn't the Inifinity Guanlet Film have a different title? The Avenger's weren't the only heroes in that comic and they won't be the only team in the movie. I think a film with the title Marvel: Inifinity or Infinity Gaunlet would be so powerful. And then do Kang or the The Master's/Cabal in Avenger's 3.

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should Avenger's 3 even be the title?

No, it should be called The Avengers. The Avengers is the big crossover movie and the audience knows that well enough, so it's easier that way. The Avengers themselves are a fairly welcoming group when it comes to more Avengers or honorary Avengers, so that's a simple enough solution for the inclusion of new characters.

Particularly because we don't know for a fact what characters will appear in the movie.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
fixxxer
Side-Kick

For "purely artistic reasons" I would personally title the film simply "Infinity". However, "The Avengers" is about the biggest brand in the world today, and Marvel would obviously want to capitalize on that. I'm 99% sure we'll be getting either "Avengers: Infinity" or "Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet". Not that it makes too much difference.

Even if folks like the Guardians Of The Galaxy are heavily involved, which I think is highly probable, I can see them playing the title off in a humorous manner. Maybe something like...

Tony: Today, we're all Avengers.
Rocket: I ain't no Avenger, tin man. I'm a guardian. Of the whole flippin' galaxy!
Cap: (Insert signature piece of sentimental dialogue that immediately changes the tone and results in goosebumps on everybody's skin here.)

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
Thanos Smith

Avengers 3: Wrath of Thanos. Pretty sure it'll be an Avengers title simply because it would earn more money due to brand recognition.

Thanos Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
For "purely artistic reasons" I would personally title the film simply "Infinity". However, "The Avengers" is about the biggest brand in the world today, and Marvel would obviously want to capitalize on that. I'm 99% sure we'll be getting either "Avengers: Infinity" or "Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet". Not that it makes too much difference.

Even if folks like the Guardians Of The Galaxy are heavily involved, which I think is highly probable, I can see them playing the title off in a humorous manner. Maybe something like...

Tony: Today, we're all Avengers.
Rocket: I ain't no Avenger, tin man. I'm a guardian. Of the whole flippin' galaxy!
Cap: (Insert signature piece of sentimental dialogue that immediately changes the tone and results in goosebumps on everybody's skin here.)
How about - The Avengers: Infinity War (not actually referring to the storyline, it just sounds better IMO. Pretty much like what Joss Whedon did with the "Age of Ultron" subtitle).

Old 08-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

What non-Avengers characters are on the horizon? The Guardians of course, but Ant-Man is an Avenger. Dr. Strange is an Avenger

Old 08-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
Sexy Magician
Most Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
What non-Avengers characters are on the horizon? The Guardians of course, but Ant-Man is an Avenger. Dr. Strange is an Avenger
Inhumans is on the horizon.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #8
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
Inhumans is on the horizon.
It's still technically a rumor (right?) and not even sure who is ultimately crossing over, but even so, Crystal was an Avenger, Black Bolt and Maximus are Illuminati/New Avengers, and Medusa was on an upcoming Avengers picture (I think that's what it was).

Old 08-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

There's very few who weren't Avengers at some point. The current Guardians got lucky, but I'll point out that Drax's daughter was a member and the original Guardians (such as Yondu) were apparently honorary members.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #10
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

They'll be the main team. Yes the Guardians, Inhumans and Defenders will be in effect, but the day will belong to the Avengers.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:49 AM   #11
Sexy Magician
Most Excellent

I really hope The Warriors Three along with Sif get to be a part of Avengers 3, by all accounts the MCU is gonna need everyone to take on Thanos, I just haven't had enough of these characters yet.

Old Yesterday, 06:12 AM   #12
Kiltman
E-list Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
I really hope The Warriors Three along with Sif get to be a part of Avengers 3, by all accounts the MCU is gonna need everyone to take on Thanos, I just haven't had enough of these characters yet.
Hopefully we get to see them really fighting whenever Thanos invades Asgard for the Tesseract and Gauntlet.

An invasion of Armies from different planets that Thanos controls would be fantastic.

If that's how it happens I hope it's a scene that starts in the mid-credits of Thor 3, even sooner than Thanos did after the first Avengers. Where the ships start to appear above Asgard, you see Thor and others look up into the sky with expressions matching the direness of the situation. Cut to Thanos giving the order to launch the attack capped off with that smile....cut to black. Avengers 3 picks up shortly there after with Thor or one of the Asgardians retrieving the Avengers or at least some of them to go to Asgards aid.

Thor 3 would be the November film that comes immediately before Avengers 3 in May of the next year.

Kiltman is online now   Reply With Quote