Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #101
TNC9852002
Banned User

Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
would be nice to have one casting announcement by month, until the start of the shooting.
Well, it's been only a week since the McAvoy casting news and we've seen Aaron Johnson snooping around all week too.

At this rate, I think we'll get at least 3 casting confirmations over the next 2 weeks...

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #102
Angamb
Banned User

3 castings?? thats to much to ask, I think. hehe

Id be happy with one casting by month, but if there will be more, Im fine too, lol

I think the next confirmed actor will be Magneto.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #103
JP
Smelly

For a movie that begins filming in August/September, I don't see how we can only get one confirmation per month.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #104
TNC9852002
Banned User

Yeah, we've gotten a bit of the production crew confirmed in just a few days. More of the actual cast confirmations should be strolling in over the next couple of weeks...

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #105
Angamb
Banned User

yes, but the production crew is more easy to get, than the main cast. In fact, most of the crew is Matthew previous crew. The cast is more complex.

We just have to see how the cast of the other adaptations is being confirmed, a bit slowly, for example, Captain America.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #106
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Quote:
yes, but the production crew is more easy to get, than the main cast. In fact, most of the crew is Matthew previous crew. The cast is more complex.

We just have to see how the cast of the other adaptations is being confirmed, a bit slowly, for example, Captain America.
Well cap starts filming late this month early next month

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #107
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Well, as I said before, I don't think Vaughn or Singer should be restricted by actors that someone else chose. If Gambit is in the movie, why should they use another actor that they perhaps feel ins't right for their film? I mean, I'd love to avoid recasts, but if they feel it necessary then I'm fine with that. Especially when it involves X3 and Wolverine. Two movies that are generally hated by fans. Why should we be restricted to continuity of films people don't like? And who's to say a Gambit recasts would change continuity anyway?
They shouldn't but i don't think every director who steps into the franchise should be given the power to recast every role.Because sometimes you should work with what you've got imo.

So if Gambit (and Sabretooth for that matter) do show up in the film i hope Kitsch and Schreiber are back playing those characters.

From the blog of animator Josh Gridley (Alice in Wonderland):
Quote:
Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Updates

Went to a George A. Romero movie/q&a last night.....badass

Was working at ReelFX from home on Open Season 3 for a couple months.

I'm currently working at The Third Floor. Been working on Jack the Giant Killer, and X-Men: First Class
SOURCE

Last edited by Retroman; 06-07-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #108
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
yes, but the production crew is more easy to get, than the main cast. In fact, most of the crew is Matthew previous crew. The cast is more complex..
News is news.

I don't disagree but I stand by my original predictions. My years of movie news experience has my casting sense tingling..

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 06-07-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:24 AM   #109
JP
Smelly

Hmm, this site claims that Michael Fassbender is up for Magneto, but also up for the villain in Sider-Man, and apparently has to choose between the two.

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2010/06...man-and-x-men/

Old 06-08-2010, 05:05 AM   #110
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hmm, this site claims that Michael Fassbender is up for Magneto, but also up for the villain in Sider-Man, and apparently has to choose between the two.

If he's smart he'll choose X-Men: First Class. Villains always get killed off, but with Magneto he'll be employed for the foreseeable future with sequels

Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #111
Marz69
Side-Kick

MF is a great actor, but this makes me wonder, how old is the class going to be? And before anyone says that they can make magneto & X look 40, seriously why not get 40 yr old actors. Ewan McGregor would have been perfect. Unless the students are going to be 10 years old. I was hoping for a generation gap. Or is this movie going to focus only on Mag & X, with the students mainly coming in the next installment some years later?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:21 AM   #112
merbass
Side-Kick

Matthew Vauhn wants him for "professor X", played by "Ian Mackellen" in the previous X-men movies !

Old 06-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #113
Casius--J
Web Master

Quote:

That site says Prof X not magneto, so we can probably assume this info is false.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #114
Marz69
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
Matthew Vauhn wants him for "professor X", played by "Ian Mackellen" in the previous X-men movies !
Prof X was played by Patrick Stewart. Ian Mackellen was Magneto. This is all getting confusing with all these false info reports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casius--J View Post
That site says Prof X not magneto, so we can probably assume this info is false.
lol Thanx for the clarification. But like JM, he's too young IMO. Either this info is false OR they meant Magneto OR it's for a different role all together.

Last edited by Marz69; 06-08-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #115
Casius--J
Web Master

I just re-read the article, they say Ian Mackellen so I assume the Prof X was just an error.

Its certainly an interesting situation to be in, a pick of two huge marvel films. Me personally I'd think i'd go for Spidey but then I'm a bigger spidey fan than X-Men.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #116
JP
Smelly

Yeah, the Prof. X was just an error.

I don't know if it's perhaps my bias towards the X-Men, but I feel like he'd pick First Class over Spidey. Magneto is a lot more interesting and complex of a role than any Spider-Man villain. Plus, there would obviously be a greater chance of him reprising the role in future films. If it were still Raimi/McGuire, then I could see him going that direction, but it's not.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #117
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Fassbender as Magneto would be Amazing!

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 06-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #118
TheFuture
Rising

I'd be curious to know what role my fellow Irishman is linked to in the Spidey reboot. Possibly Norman Osborne? He has the look for that role in my humble opinion. I'm genuinely torn in regards to what role I'd want him to take.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #119
TNC9852002
Banned User

WTF? Based on Fassbender's upcoming movie schedule, it doesn't seem like he would have time for this...

Fishy...

and I wonder what Spider-Man villain he would be up for? Smells like Kraven big time to me...I always Kraven would be hard to translate into a movie. We'll see how they deal with trying to not make him too silly.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 06-08-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #120
Rac
Deadite

Fassbender as Magneto? Goddamn. First Class sounds too good...

Don't **** this up FOX!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #121
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
WTF? Based on Fassbender's upcoming movie schedule, it doesn't seem like he would have time for this...
Fassbender is shooting A Dangerous Method till the end of June, then they will go to Zurich and Vienna.

His next film, A Single Shot, doesn't start filming until January so he has July-January free if IMDB message boards are anything to go by. He could be in First Class.

Last edited by Electrix; 06-08-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #122
Boom
I got nothin'

Fassbender for Magneto would be an inspired choice. He was superb in Inglourious Basterds.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #123
TNC9852002
Banned User

Uh-oh...I remember loving Basterds, but I honestly don't remember anything about his role in the movie...

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #124
Boom
I got nothin'

He played Archie Hicox, the Brit who was a German film scholar. He was originally going to be the guy to take Bridget von Hammersmark to the premiere, but was killed in the bar shootout.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #125
Retroman
Side-Kick

I've yet to see Inglourious Basterds so i'm not sure if Fassbender is suited to play Magneto. But coincidentally i just rented it on dvd so in the coming days i'll find out.