The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Spectacular23
Future New Yorker!!

Default New element- Possible?

unfortunately this is true. But only thing that it has to surpass the island of stability sections of the element. Check out the info here: http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...le-accelerator

It possible to build a particle accelerator in home. This is awesome but i can see it now.... Teen badly injured after being severely damage by radiation from homemade particle accelerator... Not funny but eh...

Spectacular23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Default Re: New element- Possible?

It's really my favorite scene in the film... as unrealistic as it was. Captures the romanticism of Tony Stark. A guy that is capable of pretty much anything, can build particle accelerators and synthesize new elements in his garage. Thought it was a little too easy as even Tony admits, but it's a movie.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
TNC9852002
Banned User

It's that kind of level of genius that comic book fans want to see. It truly justifies to everyone why exactly Tony Stark is who he is, why he's so important, and why he's the best guy for the job of Iron Man and why he can be such an asset to Nick Fury/Avengers. He's definitely going to be the brains/wit of the team.

I love the score for that entire scene BTW.

I also thought that when Coulson came in and told Stark that he "breached the perimeter", Stark replied "...that was like 3 years ago." I almost took it like, even though Stark completed and constructed a particle accelerator and synthesized a new element single-handedly in like a day, it would probably take a high-level scientist 3 years to do the same thing.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 05-11-2010 at 11:41 PM.
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
Zenoxen
Side-Kick

Okay, I should take this as a warning...I was planning to try to synthetize Vibranium on my bedroom... and TNC9852002, You can find the score of the scene on the score CD...If you can't get it,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
search for the score in here: http://www.filesearch.gr/

Zenoxen is offline   Reply With Quote