The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
TonyStark
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Default Marvel Movie Timeline?

I just saw Iron Man 2 today, and I've just read an interview with Kevin Feige in which he says that towards, not at, the end of the movie, there's a scene that makes it perfectly clear to the fans exactly where The Incredible Hulk fits in the movie timeline. I don't know what scene he's talking about and I can't understand the timeline. Can someone please explain it to me? I hate that people keep dropping hints that some of the movies take place at the same time. You can't watch two movies at the same time, so I wish they'd just state a clear chronological order.

TonyStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
Zur En Arrh
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 36
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

In the last scene with Tony and Fury you can see a news report from the fight scene at the college in TIH. It's kind of a blink and you'll miss it type of deal. So I think that the second half of IM2 takes place during the first half of TIH. I THINK that the college fight was about half way through.

Zur En Arrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
TonyStark
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur En Arrh View Post
In the last scene with Tony and Fury you can see a news report from the fight scene at the college in TIH. It's kind of a blink and you'll miss it type of deal. So I think that the second half of IM2 takes place during the first half of TIH. I THINK that the college fight was about half way through.
Great, thanks. I remember seeing that news report and wondering why it was muted. Now you mention it, I do remember that reporter from The Incredible Hulk.

TonyStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Here's my thing .... would it have killed them to draw more attention to that Hulk footage? Something along the lines of Fury being a little "distracted" as he's first talking to Tony because of the situation with the Hulk down on that campus?

I mean it wouldn't have taken more than a quick blurb instead of having to stare intently for a quick second in order to see the reference.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
LastSunrise1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

So let me see if I have this timeline right then.

Captain America-IM-IM2- Incredible Hulk-Thor-Avengers?

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:55 AM   #6
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,537
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981 View Post
So let me see if I have this timeline right then.

Captain America-IM-IM2- Incredible Hulk-Thor-Avengers?
I would say Captain America (1940s section), IM, IM2, TIH, Thor, CA (modern book end section), Avengers.

Or maybe it could even be Captain America (1940s section), IM, IM2, TIH (everything before the Stark scene), Thor, CA (modern book end section), TIH (Stark scene), Avengers.

I think that IM2, TIH and Thor are all happening simultaneously though, not consecutively.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #7
UnkillableMick
Over-analyst
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stoke Rochford, England
Posts: 292
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
I would say Captain America (1940s section), IM, IM2, TIH, Thor, CA (modern book end section), Avengers.

Or maybe it could even be Captain America (1940s section), IM, IM2, TIH (everything before the Stark scene), Thor, CA (modern book end section), TIH (Stark scene), Avengers.

I think that IM2, TIH and Thor are all happening simultaneously though, not consecutively.
Indeed. The tail end of IM2 must overlap with the first half of TIH, and at least the beginning of Thor will overlap with IM2, as at the end of IM2,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thor has already been cast down to Earth
.

__________________
"Gentlemen. You're up." - Nick Fury, The Avengers
UnkillableMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #8
Frank Castle 4
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Yep...I think it's pretty clear that pats of TIH, IM2 and Thor are happening concurrently. I was in the group that originally thought that the talk of the thunderstorm in TIH being Thor was a bit silly, but with the timeline being built in the movies I can see that it could easily have been. I think it's becoming clear that they have had a larger goal in mind the whole time and have done a nice job of setting it up so that once the big picture is clear we can look back and say, "OH! That's what that was."

Frank Castle 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #9
THE MR. TERRIFIC
HYPES KING OF COSPLAY
 
THE MR. TERRIFIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MARYLAND
Posts: 6,442
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

I think Avengers will cover the whole, Modern Cap story.

__________________
FAIR PLAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud48V588NRw


THE MR. TERRIFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #10
Rumpy Bulge Dubz
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,289
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

wow, I didn't even notice that events were happening simultaneoulsy, I just figured each movie took place after the last.

So that explains why at the end of TIH (the Stark cameo) Tony went to General Ross and said "we're puting together a team" whereas at the end of IM2 he's still not fully a part of it yet.

Rumpy Bulge Dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
Lots o lafs
The Champs Here!!!
 
Lots o lafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ATX
Posts: 2,768
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

sameul l jackson should have freaked out looking at the footage, haha.

i think having all the cameos is creating a wonderful marvel universe.

also they need to get back spiderman and xmen.

__________________
The dark knight rises trailer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Lots o lafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #12
Norm3
Side-Kick
 
Norm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pa
Posts: 714
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Here's my thing .... would it have killed them to draw more attention to that Hulk footage? Something along the lines of Fury being a little "distracted" as he's first talking to Tony because of the situation with the Hulk down on that campus?

I mean it wouldn't have taken more than a quick blurb instead of having to stare intently for a quick second in order to see the reference.
I agree. Its always these hidden wink winks when they can really connect them. I guess their afraid the average film watcher won't understand. But I say who care. If their that curious they will rent the other Marvel movie.

__________________
Its his RAGE not his size!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Norm3; 05-15-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Norm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #13
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm3 View Post
I agree. Its always these hidden wink winks when they can really connect them. I guess their afraid the average film watcher won't understand. But I say who care. If their that curious they will rent the other Marvel movie.
Yup. I mean when you think about it, Stark showed up at the end of TIH and yet nowhere in IM2 does he seem to know anything about the Hulk. So that little scenario I presented would've been great for that gap. We could've gotten one of SLJ's certifiably sarcastic comments in the mode of, "See this is what I have to deal with!" ....

Ah well. Just hope they're a smidge more creative in the references they'll use in Thor and Cap.


Last edited by Rock Sexton; 05-16-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #14
Zur En Arrh
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 36
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

I don't think Fury would have wanted to tell Tony that S.H.I.E.L.D. was involved in investigating the campus thing because all of that is need to know, so he was probably keeping on eye on Tony and one eye on....well, he was going back and forth between them in his head. I realize Tony wouldn't really care but it's still in Fury's character to not mention anything he doesn't have to.

and I just realize I made a worse eye joke than Fury did in the movie, but hey, I'm just a guy, he's the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Zur En Arrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #15
JackMercy
Side-Kick
 
JackMercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,452
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Here's my thing .... would it have killed them to draw more attention to that Hulk footage? Something along the lines of Fury being a little "distracted" as he's first talking to Tony because of the situation with the Hulk down on that campus?

I mean it wouldn't have taken more than a quick blurb instead of having to stare intently for a quick second in order to see the reference.
Agreed. Marvel/Favreau could have taken that moment just a bit further, made it a bit more interesting.

Look, Marvel guys: I get it, you're embarrassed of Ang Lee's Hulk, and you're still not quite sure if you want to integrate Norton's Incredible Hulk completely, but by not acknowledging the footage in this scene, you're almost drawing more attention to your perceived inadequacies than to your potential crossover potential...

__________________
CS/SHH!: Well in the first film...(Bale sees the guy asking the question is wearing a Superman T-shirt.)

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #16
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur En Arrh View Post
I don't think Fury would have wanted to tell Tony that S.H.I.E.L.D. was involved in investigating the campus thing because all of that is need to know, so he was probably keeping on eye on Tony and one eye on....well, he was going back and forth between them in his head. I realize Tony wouldn't really care but it's still in Fury's character to not mention anything he doesn't have to.

and I just realize I made a worse eye joke than Fury did in the movie, but hey, I'm just a guy, he's the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
.........Again, I point to the fact that IM2 and TIH overlap .... and we know from TIH that Tony showed up to talk to Ross about his "problem" .... so logically Fury and Stark had the kind of conversation I'm alluding to. I just wish they would've played to it in IM2.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #17
The Showstopper
Empathic Mimic
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 165
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

with the movies overlapping like they are heres what i think: in The Incredible Hulk, when Hulk takes Betty to the cave after the fight there is a huge thunderstorm, and the scene at the end of Iron Man 2 with SHIELD finding the hammer which im betting is the next day, i believe that that storm is caused by Thor being cast down to earth

The Showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #18
Lots o lafs
The Champs Here!!!
 
Lots o lafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ATX
Posts: 2,768
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Maybe although I doubt they thought of it even.

As I don't think Thor had even started production.

__________________
The dark knight rises trailer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Lots o lafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #19
The Showstopper
Empathic Mimic
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 165
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lots o lafs View Post
Maybe although I doubt they thought of it even.

As I don't think Thor had even started production.
Actually Chris Hemsworth who is playing Thor just finished filming, so Thor is on the fast track to completion

The Showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #20
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold
 
Sub-Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,205
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MR. TERRIFIC View Post
I think Avengers will cover the whole, Modern Cap story.

that's kinda what i'm hoping for, but i think they'll unfreeze him in his own movie. like toward the and he and the red skull will have a final fight in the present. then in the after credits scene fury will approach him to join/lead the avengers.

ideally, ca:tfa should end with cap being frozen and buckey and the red skull presumably dying. after credits scene could be like the ultimates where tony stark finds his body in the arctic.

so the time line would be:

ca:tfa(40s), im, im2(1st 3/4), tih(1st 1/2), end of im2, thor/end of tih, ca:tfa(present), im3, avengers

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:29 AM   #21
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!
 
misjuevos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,160
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

thor is first since he is the oldest, not sure when his movie is set though. so maybe thor, im im2, thor, i mean he is old so he will be the first in the timeline and also set somewhere else in the timeline in his movie, kinda confusing. guess its best to wait till they all come out. like the comics then figure out timelines

misjuevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #22
UnkillableMick
Over-analyst
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stoke Rochford, England
Posts: 292
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
that's kinda what i'm hoping for, but i think they'll unfreeze him in his own movie. like toward the and he and the red skull will have a final fight in the present. then in the after credits scene fury will approach him to join/lead the avengers.

ideally, ca:tfa should end with cap being frozen and buckey and the red skull presumably dying. after credits scene could be like the ultimates where tony stark finds his body in the arctic.

so the time line would be:

ca:tfa(40s), im, im2(1st 3/4), tih(1st 1/2), end of im2, thor/end of tih, ca:tfa(present), im3, avengers
I imagine the last scene/aftercredits of CA:TFA will be Fury/Stark/Coulson being told that Cap has been located, and the first scene in The Avengers will be loading Cap onto a Helicarrier.

__________________
"Gentlemen. You're up." - Nick Fury, The Avengers
UnkillableMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #23
VictorShade
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

See a number of people unhappy they didn't allude to the Hulk footage on the video screen more. I think they did actually. Didn't Fury tell Tony, "...look, I got bigger problems than you right now.", or something to that effect?

VictorShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:11 AM   #24
VictorShade
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Could have also been refering to the crater in New Mexico as well. Coulson had already left prior to that. Just sayin.

VictorShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #25
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Marvel Movie Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorShade View Post
See a number of people unhappy they didn't allude to the Hulk footage on the video screen more. I think they did actually. Didn't Fury tell Tony, "...look, I got bigger problems than you right now.", or something to that effect?
No, that was earlier in the film and he was referencing Thor.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.