The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue
 
Team Andino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,036
Default Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/13/...-the-avengers/

I love the idea of the Marvel Universe expanding even further on film.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 35,154
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

glad to see the Marvel plan does go past Avengers

__________________
I contribute articles here: http://www.robotunderdog.com
Clerk: "Sorry I am a Batman guy. Superman is cool but his weakness is a rock. That's weak."
Me: "Well, thrown hard enough a rock is Batman's weakness too."
You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue
 
Team Andino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,036
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

I'm most excited for Avengers but I am very excited to see how they handle Iron Man 3, Incredible Hulk 2 (hopeful), SHIELD movie, and even a sequel to Avengers.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 6,968
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

SHIELD would be great! But I want a sequel to TIH more than anything.

__________________
Iron Man 3 - 8.5/10 | Man of Steel -7/10 | The Wolverine -9/10 | Thor: The Dark World - 8.5/10
Sci-Fi Space Adventure Returns 2014-15: Guardians of the Galaxy & Star Wars Episode VII
Hulk|Spider-Man|Superman|Hellboy|X-Men|Thor
A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,172
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
SHIELD would be great! But I want a sequel to TIH more than anything.

__________________
Basi ranj bordam dar in saale si,
Ajam zende kardam bedin Parsi;
Namiram az in pas keh man zende'am,
Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue
 
Team Andino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,036
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
SHIELD would be great! But I want a sequel to TIH more than anything.
Agreed, I actually feel TIH was better than either of the Iron Man movies. I'm really hopeful we get Norton back for Avengers and future Hulk sequels

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:56 AM   #7
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 9,497
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Well, here's a movie I will Netflix. Very little interest in this...

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #8
Rumpy Bulge Dubz
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,289
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

yea, I don't see a SHIELD film being that interesting.

Rumpy Bulge Dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #9
Frank Castle 4
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

I don't know how it's possible to determine it won't be interesting or worth watching when there is no premise yet. Just my opinion, but I'm going to wait to see what it's about first.

Frank Castle 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #10
Hmarrs
Side-Kick
 
Hmarrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,453
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

It needs to be before the Avengers or it will fail by comparrison as it will be in the Avengers shadow.Either way I don't see this film doing well however it will do worse if it is after the Avengers.Much worse!!!!All of the Shield implications have been around the Avenger initiative.It's been the only thing interesting about Shield.On it's own it will fail horribly it is more of a supportive type entity.At least if it's before the Avengers you can have some teases and some Easter eggs in there that will promote some viewing.However after the fact it will be an EPIC FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!
The only way would be to promote smaller less known heros in each movie or in defense of some leser know Villians but then how do you explain the lack of Avengers in the movie.If Shield is operating the Avenger initiative????And if so without Avengers not only would it not make sense in the Story Arc.It would be a let down as it will feel like thier is somthing missing.Not only that but their is no way to keep the Avenger Initiative or would would be the purpose of an Avnegers two.
However the only way I could see them doing this is by making it a prequel and in that case why not go with what I said and do it before the Avengers!!!!!!!!!No one is going to care about those Easter eggs after the fact.

Again:
EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

__________________
Every day is new beggining.

Last edited by Hmarrs; 05-14-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Hmarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #11
Rumpy Bulge Dubz
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,289
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

you know what, you're right, I've had time to think about it and as long as the villain/story are there, it could be a decent flick. Change my interest to mild/moderate for the time being

Rumpy Bulge Dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:58 AM   #12
FaT_tONle
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: En Mi Casa
Posts: 14,549
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmarrs View Post
I needs to be before the Avengers or it will fail by comparrison as it will be in the Avengers shadow.Either way I don't see this film doing well however it will do worse if it is after the Avengers.Much worse!!!!All of the Shield implications have been around the Avenger initiative.It's been the only thing interesting about Shield.On it's own it will fail horribly it is more of a supportive type entity.At least if it's before the Avengers you can have some teases and some Easter eggs in there that will promote some viewing.However after the fact it will be an EPIC FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!
The only way would be to promote smaller less known heros in each movie or in defense of some leser know Villians but then how do you explain the lack of Avengers in the movie.If Shield is operating the Avenger initiative????And if so without Avengers not only would it not make sense in the Story Arc.It would be a let down as it will feel like thier is somthing missing.Not only that but their is no way to keep the Avenger Initiative or would would be the purpose of an Avnegers two.
However the only way I could see them doing this is by making it a prequel and in that case why not go with what I said and do it before the Avengers!!!!!!!!!No one is going to care about those Easter eggs after the fact.

Again:
EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Epic narrow mindedness... here is something to think about. Stark retires from Avengers after the first one. Hulk leaves the team because he is too unstable. Thor goes back to Asgard for a sequel. Cap could be back or sit out, not exactly sure what they will do there. All hypotheticals but all very likely. You basically lose half your team. A SHIELD movie could be about finding replacements. Hawkeye, Black Panther, maybe even Pym as a consultant. I don't think we are getting an Avengers trilogy with Thor, Cap, and Iron Man, so eventually these characters will have to be substituted for. I agree though that this movie may be heavily scaled down and that is why it shouldn't be a summer movie.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
Hmarrs
Side-Kick
 
Hmarrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,453
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
Epic narrow mindedness... here is something to think about. Stark retires from Avengers after the first one. Hulk leaves the team because he is too unstable. Thor goes back to Asgard for a sequel. Cap could be back or sit out, not exactly sure what they will do there. All hypotheticals but all very likely. You basically lose half your team. A SHIELD movie could be about finding replacements. Hawkeye, Black Panther, maybe even Pym as a consultant. I don't think we are getting an Avengers trilogy with Thor, Cap, and Iron Man, so eventually these characters will have to be substituted for. I agree though that this movie may be heavily scaled down and that is why it shouldn't be a summer movie.
I'm not being Narrow Minded I'm being realistic they are setting themsleves up for failure.Also as far as the team dispanding???No way they will do that.It will be the biggest movie of the decade you better believe you are going to say many,many,many Avenger movies.The only thing that could happen is the Avengers become independant and come out from under Shield.Then that would explain everything and cause Shield to come out from under the Avengers shadow.

__________________
Every day is new beggining.

Last edited by Hmarrs; 05-14-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Hmarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #14
FaT_tONle
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: En Mi Casa
Posts: 14,549
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Avengers disbanded in the comics for a while. It was basically Cap and friends. Hulk will definitely be gone and I don't expect Stark to return at least in the next Avengers sequel. The SHIELD is still the backbone and they can't rely on Thor and Iron Man forever. You can't just keep doing films that get bigger and bigger otherwise you get TF2. Even IM3 will be a failure by that logic, as would a TIH2. You have to scale it back otherwise there would be nothing but Avengers sequels with aging actors and an overload of characters.


Last edited by FaT_tONle; 05-14-2010 at 09:39 AM.
FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #15
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 35,154
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

actually you are being narrow minded...without knowing what the movie is about other than Shield you have already proclaimed it an epic fail

__________________
I contribute articles here: http://www.robotunderdog.com
Clerk: "Sorry I am a Batman guy. Superman is cool but his weakness is a rock. That's weak."
Me: "Well, thrown hard enough a rock is Batman's weakness too."
You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #16
Hmarrs
Side-Kick
 
Hmarrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,453
Th Biggrin Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
Avengers disbanded in the comics for a while. It was basically Cap and friends. Hulk will definitely be gone and I don't expect Stark to return at least in the next Avengers sequel. The SHIELD is still the backbone and they can't rely on Thor and Iron Man forever. You can't just keep doing films that get bigger and bigger otherwise you get TF2. Even IM3 will be a failure by that logic, as would a TIH2. You have to scale it back otherwise there would be nothing but Avengers sequels with aging actors and an overload of characters.
Yeah but they didn't disband until umtenth issue.They not going to go through all this to story tell how they get together in a movie just to have them dispand in the same movie.You either tell one story or another.
It would make more sense as how they don't want Stark to be part of the team.That he would pull the Avengers away from Shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
actually you are being narrow minded...without knowing what the movie is about other than Shield you have already proclaimed it an epic fail
I don't think so.I just think Marvel is setting themsleves up for a let down.Especially how they are timming it out.It's called an opinion.

__________________
Every day is new beggining.
Hmarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
some guy
Blackagar Boltagon
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: some place
Posts: 176
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

How about a SHIELD movie set in the sixties? Basically a prequel, so that it stands alone from the continuity of the other films. They could also give Jackson a different look, making him look a bit like 616 Fury, hair with graying temples and all.

some guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #18
Hmarrs
Side-Kick
 
Hmarrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,453
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy View Post
How about a SHIELD movie set in the sixties? Basically a prequel, so that it stands alone from the continuity of the other films. They could also give Jackson a different look, making him look a bit like 616 Fury, hair with graying temples and all.
Well that's my point however a prequel after the Avengers will be causing it to be overshadowed by the Avengers.All I'm saying is do it before the Avengers!!!

__________________
Every day is new beggining.
Hmarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 35,154
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

I dont see how Shield coming before Avengers is going to save the movie

__________________
I contribute articles here: http://www.robotunderdog.com
Clerk: "Sorry I am a Batman guy. Superman is cool but his weakness is a rock. That's weak."
Me: "Well, thrown hard enough a rock is Batman's weakness too."
You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #20
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue
 
Team Andino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,036
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy View Post
How about a SHIELD movie set in the sixties? Basically a prequel, so that it stands alone from the continuity of the other films. They could also give Jackson a different look, making him look a bit like 616 Fury, hair with graying temples and all.
But then we'll need a sequel to the prequel explaining how Fury pulled a Michael Jackson and changed skin tone

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #21
some guy
Blackagar Boltagon
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: some place
Posts: 176
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Andino View Post
But then we'll need a sequel to the prequel explaining how Fury pulled a Michael Jackson and changed skin tone
Well, they don't have to make him white, just give him the hair. Anyway, if they go with a prequel they could avoid the question of why SHIELD would take care of a problem by themselves when they have a team of superheroes at their command.

some guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #22
Hmarrs
Side-Kick
 
Hmarrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,453
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I dont see how Shield coming before Avengers is going to save the movie
First of all how do you from a movie involving Shield with Gods,Men in High Tech Armor,Supersoldiers and Gamma Radiated Monsters to men running around with guns your going backwards your downsizing however if you go with men with guns and hinting on Gods,Men in High Tech Armor,Super Soldiers,and Gamma Radiated Monsters then you got a hit because in the next Movie Avengers your Supersizing.You want to Anti-up in each following film not Downsize and go Backwards.
Think about it.If it comes before you can tell the story of how the Shield became Shield and how the Avenger initiative got started,throw some Easter eggs in there tantalizing and wetting our taste buds as we eagerly await the Avengers at the same time this will cause people to go see it just to catch whatever glimpes they can get.
Okay try this :
Would you look at an Iron Man Trailer now???
Why not?Because it's a done deal.Also if you did you wouldn't be as hyped up too.
How many people on these threads went to great Lengths to see Helmsworth first Picture as Thor.
Okay now how many are going to do it after the Thor movie????
Marvel needs to use this to their Advantage it's a great way to ensure Shield to be successful.I mean why re-invent to wheel.
Me??? If they tell me "hey man you got to go see the Shield movie it shows you how they started they show glimpes of the Super Serum,how they found Cap in ice,or why they started a Captain America,How they knew about Thors Hammer"Heck they can evern throw in that cut clip of when Banner breaks the Ice as Hulk and they find Caps Body.Small clips of Iron man as to what he was up to between the 6 months between both movies or even if they just talk about how they been survailing him.
etc etc.Now if someone advised on this before the Avenger movie then I'm going to go see it.If they do it after the Avenger movie I'll wait for it on DVD.Also it would help build up story for the Avenger movie story and interest.It builds background,interst,anticipation continuity,and anticipation.The Shield movie works so much better on so many levels before the Avneger movie.

__________________
Every day is new beggining.

Last edited by Hmarrs; 05-14-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Hmarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #23
david icke
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,348
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Y'know what, it probably is good timing on their part. It will be good to have Marvel's equivalent of James Bond/Mission Impossible, as post-Avengers, folk might want a break from those particular heroes for a time.
'The Avengers Initiative' is just SHIELD's step into the world of superheroes, there are still spies/super-villans etc they take care of with their agents, they won't be calling on the Avengers/superheroes for everything.
We will get agents on the sky-sleds, sci-fi tech of all sorts, it will be fantastic, and a nice change from the tights. And unique amongst secret agent movies, as this is one set in a superhero universe, so it can have the best of both flavours.

david icke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #24
Hmarrs
Side-Kick
 
Hmarrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,453
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by david icke View Post
Y'know what, it probably is good timing on their part. It will be good to have Marvel's equivalent of James Bond/Mission Impossible, as post-Avengers, folk might want a break from those particular heroes for a time.
'The Avengers Initiative' is just SHIELD's step into the world of superheroes, there are still spies/super-villans etc they take care of with their agents, they won't be calling on the Avengers/superheroes for everything.
We will get agents on the sky-sleds, sci-fi tech of all sorts, it will be fantastic, and a nice change from the tights. And unique amongst secret agent movies, as this is one set in a superhero universe, so it can have the best of both flavours.
Nope.Do all that but before.Think about that could even be the reason for all the Espinosh it can Radiars of the lost Ark meets James Bond,National Treasure meetsTombraider maybe their hunting for the Hammer of Thor,Or epinosh over the Super Soldiers Serum man this work on so many levels.
Who's really going to care after the fact?

__________________
Every day is new beggining.

Last edited by Hmarrs; 05-14-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Hmarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #25
david icke
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,348
Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Says We値l See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmarrs
Nope.Do all that , but before.
I think it is a good move, theGA will feel like they have seen everything Marvel has to offer in The Avengers, and then a flick like this could surprise them.

I see what you're getting at....but they will not be showing us everything SHIELD has to offer in the superhero movies.
What the *new* pull could be...ok, we have seen superheroes vs supervillans, but what do normal government agents do up against super-villans?

Agents flying about the city on sky-sleds fighting super-villan/s, stuff like that. Agents using tech against powers, sometimes it's more interesting to see how non-powered folk go up against superpowers. and by the Avengers we will have seen the most powerful in action, so let's see some inventive ideas showing agents vs suppowers.
Because they should have superpowered villans in there, to distinguish it from other secret agent movies like Bond/MI/GI Joe.

david icke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ゥ2014 All Rights Reserved.