The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default X4: X-Men Roster?

Which characters would you like to see as the hero team if a fourth movie was to happen?

The list of potentials has become pretty long from the previous 3 films.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
TNC9852002
Banned User

Default Re: X4: X-Men Roster?

I would keep the team size just the way it is--keeping Kitty, Iceman, Colossus, Beast, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine,...etc. Adding in Gambit could be a hit/miss situation, but I wouldn't mind it much if the story works. I would like Angel and Jubilee back in a larger capacity.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
javphonic
Side-Kick

I'd keep the protagonist roster relatively the same as with X3, maybe only adding Emma Frost

javphonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
Squidboy
Side-Kick

I would only add Emma and possibly Gambit to the current cast, which would account for the spots left by Jean and Scott (unless you want to count Rogue and Xavier as both off the table too, though their roles in the movie could be negotiated).

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I would like to see Jubilee and Angel doing a little more, but I wouldn't mind if they were background team members like Colossus.

I don't see Ellen Page coming back, so I don't know what I'd do with Kitty. 4th recast? lol

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I would like to see Jubilee and Angel doing a little more, but I wouldn't mind if they were background team members like Colossus.

I don't see Ellen Page coming back, so I don't know what I'd do with Kitty. 4th recast? lol
She's nowhere near as big an actress as Halle Berry or Rebecca Romijn, so unless she really disliked doing the movie or doesn't want to be typecast, I can't see her not being involved in the movie.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

Id like to see a Gay character in the x-men team... Northstar! i've always liked that character purely because he was just pure class... and i think if you were to make an X4 story which was about tolerance... it would be great to see a character who was confident in being both a Mutant and Gay...

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
Squidboy
Side-Kick

I feel like he would never be able to hold his own in the movie as a main character. As a cameo, sure, but there's very little to Northstar outside of the fact that he's an openly gay Canadian mutant who has a nutjob twin sister.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

theres alot more to Northstar than you give him credit for, he is essentially a character that could be a leader but his inssecurities holds him back. His story is very similar to wolverine only with dependants and not so voilent past...

Here we have Northstar, who is a member of alpha flight, he isnt a leader but clearly could be. His sister is a nutjob as you put it and to top that he has to deal with two social factors of being gay and being a mutant.

That alone gives any direct alot to develope and even make his character more.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
Old 05-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #10
Squidboy
Side-Kick

If Singer or Ratner didn't touch the stigmas of Storm being a black, bisexual (hinted in the comics), mutant female, I doubt anyone would be ready to touch Northstar with a 50 foot pole. In the world of the X-Men movies, them being mutants takes the place of any social or racial discrimination they might face in the normal world.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
TheWatcher
Dapper

Cyclops(Bigger part),Wolverine,Emma Frost,Beast,Shadowcat,Colossus,Iceman,Angel,Storm( Smaller part,no Berry).

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidboy View Post
If Singer or Ratner didn't touch the stigmas of Storm being a black, bisexual (hinted in the comics), mutant female, I doubt anyone would be ready to touch Northstar with a 50 foot pole. In the world of the X-Men movies, them being mutants takes the place of any social or racial discrimination they might face in the normal world.
The reason they didnt touch upon that was because they wanted to focus on the central characters being Mutants... now that has been established they could also through in stigmas such as race and sexuality... But as Storm has been there from the begining it would be pointless to have her suddenly feel she is singled out because of race. So you need a new character

Hence Northstar.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
Old 06-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #13
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Kitty as main roster.... Introduce forge who with the help of Moira builds Cerebra and intigrates Professor X's subconscious mind into the machine. he therefor can "project" an image of himself anywhere he wants... thus ut seems like he is alive again.

secondary team: Magma, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, Rockslide, Elixir.... in training to be the new task force of X-men.

Villian: Bolivar Trask inherits Stykers old files, including the sentinels. He secretly works with Revend Donald Pierce and his anti mutant Purifiers. who destroy many national monuments posing as the "new brotherhood" in order to further destroy mutant/human relations... the attack and destroy the mansion (ala Childhoods end)... Magma is hospitalized in a coma, Elixir attempts to heal her... she awakes from the coma, her powers flaring out of control and destroying the hospital.

the x-men relocate to muir island and plan a counterstrike against the purifiers.

meanwhile, the president declares a state of emergency, placing all mutants under arrest and unveiling to sentinels to the public....

this sets up a crazy dark and dramatic 5th chapter in which the x-men (and all mutants) are hunted and secretly executed. The x-men must expose this horrible genocide and redeem themselves in the eyes of the government and the people.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
TheWatcher
Dapper

Roster=Cyclops,Wolverine,Emma Frost,Beast,Colossus,Shadowcat,Angel,Rogue,and Gambit.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #15
goh78
Side-Kick

X4 won't happen, so no use in speculating. Anyone who thinks they would produce 3 X-Men movies, one prequel focused on Wolverine, then another prequel based on the first team, and then go BACK to after X3 and try to make it all make sense has lost it. Fox already screwed it up enough with the continuity. There won't be an X4, blame Fox and bad writing/decisions.

goh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #16
Superhero 101
DESI

Colossus
Angel
Jubilee
Iceman
Beast
Shadowcat
Rogue
Gambit
Havok
Emma Frost

Old 06-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #17
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
Colossus
Angel
Jubilee
Iceman
Beast
Shadowcat
Rogue
Gambit
Havok
Emma Frost
It'd definitely be nice to see Jubilee in full force - as a child of the 90's, I was disappointed that she was only a cameo in the movies, so even if she had a small role (like Colossus did in X2), it'd be great. They really should've kept her deleted scene in the second movie, it's all I really needed as far as a cameo went.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #18
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

If DOFP is indeed X-Men 4.

Then the roster of the film is close to this:
Wolverine
Storm
Rogue
Iceman
Shadowcat
Colossus
Professor X
Beast

Its not so different to the roster of X3. Its also not yet confirmed who will be the new characters and if Blink is gonna work with the X-Men.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote