The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 03-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #326
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Killzone 3

Just to add, they are not available in Guerilla Warfare.

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
KALEL114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #327
Superhero 101
DESI

Thanks

Old 04-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #328
Vindex
Side-Kick

Just finished the game, on to the multiplayer!

~Stephen Levine

Vindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #329
Superhero 101
DESI

Anyone else getting the DLC?

Old 04-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #330
Vindex
Side-Kick

yeah, I'm going to.

~Stephen Levine

Vindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #331
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

I got the DLC last night, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. BTW, it's free for Playstation Plus members. Has anyone had a chance to play them yet? Also, how many maps were included? Was it 2?

Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #332
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Guys, I need your advice on this game.
I played the demo and I absolutely loved it. But is the game worth of a purchase, or is it perhaps just a rent?

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #333
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Guys, I need your advice on this game.
I played the demo and I absolutely loved it. But is the game worth of a purchase, or is it perhaps just a rent?
Hell yes, it's worth it! The campaign is really fun, and the MP is a TON of fun! So it's a must own, IMO.

Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #334
Superhero 101
DESI

definite buy!!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #335
Havok83
Side-Kick

I got this in the mail. Unfortunately it wont come between MK is out

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #336
Havok83
Side-Kick

Well I beat it today in 2 days. It seemed alot shorter than KZ2. I think I preferred KZ2 over this. Unfortunately there's no PSN so Im with fake multiplayer via the bots. I think I might try Elite next. I hope its not as bad as it was in KZ2, which itself wasnt too bad except for Radec

IA with what reviewers said about the story. I dont know what the hell happened in this game and what they were fighting for. It just felt like a series of battles and the presentation and storytelling just wasnt good. And that ending or rather lack of one was kinda poor

Old 05-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #337
Superhero 101
DESI

Yeah that ending was a WTF and it's funny that the story sucked because Guerrilla Games hired an external writer to focus on only writing the storyline to give a fresh perspective to the story

Old 05-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #338
JINoside
Platinum Age Superhero™

^ If they hired an external writer then that was their downfall. I finally beat the game today after avoiding it for months after its release. Only 1 word. Disappointment. Havok83 pretty much summed everything up pretty nicely. The game did feel ALOT shorter than KZ2 and the story just didn't grab me as much. Just like in KZ2, the one character i really started to like got killed off just like that. I still like the game but IMO there is just no denying that the story just wasn't a good follow up to KZ2..

However Guerrilla I'm sure by now is fully aware of their mistakes in this one and will hopefully not make the same mistake again which i'm sure they won't....

Old 06-09-2011, 03:39 AM   #339
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

holy christ

I wasn't looking forward to playing this, because I hated the second one--with a passion.

but this game is freaking amazing, sooooo much better in every possible way

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:07 AM   #340
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
holy christ

I wasn't looking forward to playing this, because I hated the second one--with a passion.

but this game is freaking amazing, sooooo much better in every possible way
Im completely opposite. The 2nd one was better in every way. I just couldnt get into KZ3 quite the same

Old 06-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #341
Superhero 101
DESI

Good time to play some killzone 3 right now cuz right now they have a crazy triple xp this weekend really easy way to rank up

Superhero 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #342
Resistance61513
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Im completely opposite. The 2nd one was better in every way. I just couldnt get into KZ3 quite the same
THIS

Honestly, what the hell happened to Killzone 3? This game, in my opinion, was terrible! It was so poorly put together. It didn't seem to have the same TLC that the second one had. This one was utter garbage in terms of everything.

The multiplayer is complete crap. It's basically a Call of Duty clone. I don't like the way the load outs have been implemented and it just seems they were afraid to stick to their true vision. I don't think the controls are that fluid. I feel they are replacing what made the second one so enticing with twitch controls. Mainly, in an attempt to please the CoD fanboys.

Also, what the hell kind of story was that? Seriously, this wasn't Killzone. To me, this was a terrible attempt at a Resistance/Call of Duty/Halo clone. That one weapon you get that blows up enemies, I felt was very out of place. Killzone was always about "realism" in space. I feel they completely missed that mark with this installment. And that jungle level...what was that? A poor man's version of Modern Warfare's gilly suit level?

The variety in the game was terribly implemented. You could tell they did it mainly for the sake of saying they had it in the game. I personally hate when developers do this. And the vehicle levels...don't even get me started. They were such a bore. I contemplated putting the game down several times during them.

I also thought the graphics weren't really anything special this time around. I personally think Killzone 2 looks better than this one. I feel there is just a weird filter they are using. It doesn't have that nice gritty aesthetic the second one had. This one is kind of clean and the character models/environments just look weird. I honestly don't know how to describe it other than, it bothers me.

Overall, I'm utterly disappointed with this game. Especially when following such a beautifully designed game. I think Gurrellia really dropped the ball with this one. There was so much potential for this game, such a shame to see it pissed away.

Resistance61513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:32 AM   #343
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Completely agree. Killzone 3 was a massive letdown and lost the identity that made 2 one of the best shooters of this gen.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #344
Havok83
Side-Kick

Dislike the single player but the multiplayer is quite good. I played it extensively this weekend to get the Steel Rain trophies (which surprisingly wasnt difficult). Had quite a bit of fun. Too bad Im still gonna be getting rid of the game soon. Doesnt hold much value for me in the long run. Hopefully Resistance doesnt dissapoint

Old 06-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #345
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
Completely agree. Killzone 3 was a massive letdown and lost the identity that made 2 one of the best shooters of this gen.

The whole series has been a letdown. What started on the PS2 continued on to the PS3. Altho, the first few hours of KZ2 was pretty damn good, but it quickly went down hill. KZ3 was the same, the first hour was pretty neat but then went terribly south. I tried, but i couldnt force myself to even finish 3, it was just too monotonous.

The games are gorgeous though, but thats about all they have going for them.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #346
Havok83
Side-Kick

I gotta disagree on 2. It was definetly one of my favorite FPS this generation, right next to COD4 and Resistance 2.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #347
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Just finished the game. The visuals are astonishing. It's the most impressive war game I've played. Had a lot of fun doing everything and the multiplayer is really well done.

Regarding the story, from what I heard it seemed it was horrible. While I didn't care too much, I found it entertaining at least. Nothing that bad as some made it out to be. But I didn't play the second game, so perhaps the expectations for KZ3's story weren't met.

Amazing game anyway, too bad it's so short.

PS: Who do you think is the captain in the mid-credits scene? Stahl?

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:30 AM   #348
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Just finished the game. The visuals are astonishing. It's the most impressive war game I've played. Had a lot of fun doing everything and the multiplayer is really well done.

Regarding the story, from what I heard it seemed it was horrible. While I didn't care too much, I found it entertaining at least. Nothing that bad as some made it out to be. But I didn't play the second game, so perhaps the expectations for KZ3's story weren't met.

Pretty much. KZ3 might seem alright on its own but not as good as a followup to KZ3

Old 07-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #349
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Killzone 2 is an incredible game. I've written a million times about my love of the controls, the atmosphere, the universe and the presentation, but they just seemed to throw that all out of the window with 3.

It was a disjointed, awkward, rushed campaign that did little to connect with fans of 2.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #350
Superhero 101
DESI

i thought the controls for for KZ2 were okay the online was fun but i got frustrated with the way your chararacter moves in KZ2 it was to laggy and the lag really screwed me over when playing online. In KZ3 i think they perfected the way your character moves and the controls felt more comfortable but what i really don't like about these games are the plots of KZ2 and KZ3 they were uninteresting although I think KZ2 story was a little bit better then KZ3 but not a whole lot better they had the potential to make it really good but the Writers for these games totally jacked it up. They should have given more details of the people of Helghan and their perspective instead of focusing on Just the ISA's perspective.

Last edited by Superhero 101; 07-16-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Superhero 101 is offline   Reply With Quote