The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 08-30-2010, 11:15 PM   #76
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Default Re: New director ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i would rather he do a batman begins style with a dare devil reboot honestly with his gritty style
There's only one reboot I want him to do and that's The TMNT Reboot

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
louiebling$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:40 PM   #77
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rac View Post
Aronofsky is a great director and one of my favorites, but I'm afraid even he can't make this work as long as Jackman (and Shuler-Donner) pull the strings. He/they don't understand **** about Wolverine, and I have the feeling Aronofsky doesn't really care about the roots (as the Batman script he was going to direct was awful).
Aronofsky doesn't do well with other franchises.He couldn't even commit to doing one episode of Lost.And his take on both batman and watchmen
would have been terrable.I say we will get Slade.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #78
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

He was gonna direct a Lost episode? Whoa, that would have been awesome.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #79
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

I think people are confusing the Wolverine (comic) character confused with the movie character.

There will be always a different and I truly think that Hugh Jackman loves the character, but like the writers/producers/etc.. know, you can truly adapt that comic character, you need to cut down, combine and re-work some details of that history for an effect movie translation. Now was Wolverine a great movie, nope...but it showed with the right writer behind the project there is so much room for the future. Origins was an average film with great characters and some selectively great acting, but just got rooted down by a terrible/average script.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #80
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
I think people are confusing the Wolverine (comic) character confused with the movie character.

There will be always a different and I truly think that Hugh Jackman loves the character,
He loves the $$$$ it brings him yes.

Quote:
Origins was an average film with great characters and some selectively great acting, but just got rooted down by a terrible/average script
It is an average script but also has great characters?

Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #81
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I don't think Hugh cares that much about the actual character. Ever since he got producing duties on Wolverine films the character acts more and more like Hugh and less and less like Wolverine.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #82
Project862006
Banned User

he loves the movie character put it hat way

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #83
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
He loves the $$$$ it brings him yes.
Yes, because every other superhero movie actor loves them just purely out of the goodness of their hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
I don't think Hugh cares that much about the actual character. Ever since he got producing duties on Wolverine films the character acts more and more like Hugh and less and less like Wolverine.
I wouldn't say he doesn't care. I suspect he just doesn't know as much as he thinks he does about the character beyond anything Wolverine did in the movies. Hopefully that's something that improves with the next film.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #84
akfj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Yes, because every other superhero movie actor loves them just purely out of the goodness of their hearts.

I wouldn't say he doesn't care. I suspect he just doesn't know as much as he thinks he does about the character beyond anything Wolverine did in the movies. Hopefully that's something that improves with the next film.
He said that he read Miller's Japan story arc, didn't he? Although I'm also sure that he said he read the Origins comic, but I may have that one mixed up.

akfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #85
narrows101
Side-Kick

David Slade:

http://www.theprovince.com/entertain...363/story.html

Quote:
As to what's next for Slade, he says Internet reports of him working with Hugh Jackman on an upcoming Wolverine sequel are premature.

"I can say that I've met with Hugh Jackman and he is a very nice fellow, but you never know with these things," the director says. "There are several projects I'm interested in now, and that's one of them."

narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #86
truth
Banned User

Hugh Jackman must exit the character at ONCE! You can't have a mere actor acting as creator, producer and Godfather over a character that has existed in its own right before him.
Please Hugh, be respectable and do others roles and don't disrespect this great character. It is obvious that you really have not grasped the essence of Wolverine.

truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #87
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Hugh Jackman must exit the character at ONCE! You can't have a mere actor acting as creator, producer and Godfather over a character that has existed in its own right before him.
Please Hugh, be respectable and do others roles and don't disrespect this great character. It is obvious that you really have not grasped the essence of Wolverine.
And this has what to do with the director?

Keep the rant to the other thread, truth.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #88
Project862006
Banned User

http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=23022

darren comes off as a jerk alot of the times dont know why lol

Old 09-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #89
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Id be so pumped for this movie if he directed.

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #90
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70398

Darren Aronosfky Offered Wolverine 2?

Source: Vulture
October 5, 2010

Vulture is reporting that Black Swan helmer Darren Aronofksy is in negotiations to direct Wolverine 2 for Fox, now that Superman is off the table at Warner Bros.

The site says that Aronofsky was interested in taking on Superman, but the studio went with Zack Snyder instead, as was reported yesterday.

Wolverine 2 was written by Christopher McQuarrie and will again start Hugh Jackman in the title role.

The plot is said to involve Logan beginning a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage is, unfortunately, promised to another man. Since Logan won't take "no" for an answer, it puts him into battle with her father and her samurai-sword-wielding brothers.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #91
FaT_tONle
Banned User

It's sad that HR had to update us with this when the Superman boards had 10X more discussion on this matter in a day than these boards ever will. If I am Aronofsky... "Thanks but not thanks Rothman"....

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 10-05-2010 at 11:53 PM.
FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #92
JP
Smelly

It would be the first step in me actually caring about the film in any way. Still think its pointless.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #93
FaT_tONle
Banned User

****Waits for Danyose**** "Stop trolling... Aronofsky can make this a best picture along with Hugh"... (it's a joke btw.... don't infract)

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #94
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

if Aranofsky wants to direct a superhero/comic film, he should just wait until Nolan is done with Batman 3 so he can direct the Batman film that follows

there's no hope for Wolverine as long as it's under Fox

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #95
Marvin
Side-Kick

Aranofsky does well when he works on an original project that he's developed for years(and I mean years) and he's allowed to direct in an auteur way.

that will not happen if he works on wolverine and because he's more substance over style type of director, glossy style that is, if he does take wolverine on it will truly be the sequel to wolverine origins, another film directed by an auteur for fox.

2cents.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #96
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I wasn't really talking about the quality of the film but the type of film. I'm sure The Social Network will be good but I just thought Fincher would have done something different for his next film, not so much a college drama type of film.
I've heard that The Social Network is a more fast-paced, more sanitized version of Zodiac. (I haven't seen Zodiac so I can't really say, but from what I've heard about it, it's plausible.)

IMO it's leagues above Aronofsky taking on the Wolverine franchise if he really were to do so. Aronofsky is WAAAY too good for Fox and their direction for Wolverine. I mean, really.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:51 AM   #97
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

i think Aronofsky isnt right to direct this... seems like he just wants to direct ANY comic book movie.. i have no idea why though.

Im not liking any of the rumored directors ive heard so far... and the story i could care less.. thats a stupid origin of wolverine that doesnt need to be told. I think in hugh jackmans mind he's imagining the japanese story from batman begins.. but it wont be that way im sure.. it'll be like Last Samurai which is totally wrong for the character.

slippery slope

Old 10-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #98
Superhero 101
DESI

Anyone think that they will announce the director at ny
comic con

Old 10-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #99
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

He tried to do a Lone Wolf and Cub movie a while back that didn't get off the ground. Robocop didn't either.

Aronofsky should stay far away from this project. He honestly doesn't need Wolverine 2 and it would only end in disaster. Look at what happened with Wolverine anyway. Though I don't know how much of the movie was the director's actual vision. Though I still think the director was overrated anyway. Rendition was garbage.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #100
Project862006
Banned User

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/no-g...n-wolverine-2/