Smelly

Default Re: New director ?

That's a nice salary.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #102
Electrix
Side-Kick

The Wolverine franchise needs Aronofsky more than Aronofsky needs the Wolverine franchise, but the end result should be interesting.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #103
Crockett
With Teeth

The only reason I think Aronofsky wants to do this is that if the BO is good he get his other projects faster to coming to reality. The only worries I have is letting him making a good movie without studio interference.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 AM   #104
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Hopefully if Darren does this it will do for him what Batman Begins and The Dark Knight have done for Nolan, and I think those are as much "Nolan" Films as Memento, The Prestige and Inception are.

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past
5. The Raid 2
The Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:58 AM   #105
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
The Wolverine franchise needs Aronofsky more than Aronofsky needs the Wolverine franchise, but the end result should be interesting.
They both need each other. Aronofsky needs a big budget tent pole to raise his status as a director.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:09 AM   #106
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chris View Post
Hopefully if Darren does this it will do for him what Batman Begins and The Dark Knight have done for Nolan, and I think those are as much "Nolan" Films as Memento, The Prestige and Inception are.
But the new Batman franchise at least was a reboot where Nolan could wipe the slate clean and start completely over. Nobody mandated that he use the Schumacher chronology.

Aronofsky would be given the crap known as X3 and Wolverine to work with.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:05 AM   #107
Rac
Deadite

I've said this before, and I will say it again: I love Aronofsky but his Batman: Year One script was awful, and he was willing to bring Watchmen into 2000s in his version. So, he clearly gives a little damn about the source material. And we already know how well Fox and Jackman pay their respects to the funny books...

I hope for the best, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
They both need each other. Aronofsky needs a big budget tent pole to raise his status as a director.
I really don't agree with this at all.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:32 AM   #108
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I know Aronofsky has a reputation as a very good and exciting director but i'm not sure he is what this franchise needs, if he does sign up it'll be interesting to see how it all develops though.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #109
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rac View Post
I've said this before, and I will say it again: I love Aronofsky but his Batman: Year One script was awful, and he was willing to bring Watchmen into 2000s in his version. So, he clearly gives a little damn about the source material. And we already know how well Fox and Jackman pay their respects to the funny books...
At this point I think the most you can hope for is a Wolverine film that's good, not one that's super faithful to the books. Not that Aronofsky is a guarantee success but he has the best chance out of all of the choices we've heard so far IMO.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #110
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
But the new Batman franchise at least was a reboot where Nolan could wipe the slate clean and start completely over. Nobody mandated that he use the Schumacher chronology.

Aronofsky would be given the crap known as X3 and Wolverine to work with.
That's true. But I'm a big fan of his work so I have great faith in him if he takes the job.

5. The Raid 2
Old 10-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #111
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
At this point I think the most you can hope for is a Wolverine film that's good, not one that's super faithful to the books. Not that Aronofsky is a guarantee success but he has the best chance out of all of the choices we've heard so far IMO.
True, true...

Old 10-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #112
JP
Smelly

There's nothing in the Japan story that references anything about continuity, though.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #113
Assassin32
King James Version

Darren Aronofsky is the best thing that could happen to Wolverine. Everybody keep your fingers crossed.

Assassin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #114
dark_b
Side-Kick

Aronofsky will not have enough control to make this movie hes own.he is doing this for the paycheck. ntohing wrong with that.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #115
Crockett
With Teeth

No, the reason why he's doing it is that since all his previous movies didn't do well in the BO and he'll have to prove to the studios that he can do a movie that is a commercial success in order to have the trust and budget for his other projects, like The Tiger for an example.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #116
childeroland
Side-Kick

From Baseline First Look at: http://community.icontact.com/p/base...ctober-15-2010

THE TALENT TICKER

Darren Aronofsky will direct 20th Century Fox’s “Wolverine,” the sequel to the 2009 comic book adaptation, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," starring Hugh Jackman…

As far as I know, this site isn't known for jumping the gun. So I guess he's already signed on?

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

childeroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #117
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Interesting, not sure about the web-site but this seems like a confirmation, I look forward to seeing what he brings to the table.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #118
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

If this is true, THANK GOD is all I can say. Now I might just have some hope in a good film.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #119
Blader5489
CASUAL SEX!

Deadline confirms it.

Aronofsky is directing Wolverine 2

Blader5489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:26 AM   #120
J.Howlett

Epic win for Hugh and Wolverine 2. I know a lot of critics are wondering why Aronofsky would do a film like this but, he's got to branch out into other areas. He's basically only done independent films. I'm sure he was itching to do at least one, big studio film.

And since he and Hugh seem to be real tight, after their experience together on the Fountain, I think you're going to see Hugh's best performance since the Fountain and X2 and I think, like Nolan, Aronofsky will bring something fresh to the table.

Vaughn and Aronofsky together will bring X-Men back from the brink. The next two years are going to be really, really good for X-Men.

Fox...just stay out of the way.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:47 AM   #121
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Yeeeessssssss!!!!!!

5. The Raid 2
Old 10-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #122
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Excellent news!

Old 10-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #123
Crockett
With Teeth

Great that it's confirmed. It will be interesting to see Aronofsky tackling his first studio movie, hopefully without little to no studio interference, although that's doubtful. I won't get my expectations high, but however the end results I will watch it just because Aronofsky is involved.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #124
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

This is fantastic news!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #125
chesslover
Side-Kick

Perhaps Darren can get a restraining order against FOX.