The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 10-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #126
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Default Re: New director ?

So is this truly confirmed? I hope so, because this news is excellent.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #127
Project862006
Banned User

not fully confirmed but all but confirmed if they set a shoot date

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #128
Project862006
Banned User

guess this confirms it

http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=24166

Old 10-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #129
Crockett
With Teeth

Great that's confirmed, is good to see Aronofsky and Jackman collaborating again.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #130
Superhero 101
DESI

Well This is good news I guess hope they do this movie right

Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #131
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Godspeed to Aronofsky, he's gonna need it if Fox is still in the picture.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #132
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

it's a shame that NOW they want to think outside the box when it comes to a Wolverine movie ( which is implying that it will be darker? ).

it's a shame because it feels like we are at, or near, the end of the Jackman Wolverine portrayal. This is going to be Jackman's 5th outing as the character ( with the character growing a bit soft and stale in the last few outings ). Realistically, Jackman probably doesn't have that much time left to play the character.

IMO, this news of the new director, creative team, and direction would be more welcomed if this were a reboot done years down the road, in an effort to reintroduce the character of Wolverine with a new ( and shorter....lol ) actor in a darker, grittier story............

Even with this news..........I still can't find myself excited about this film.........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #133
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Godspeed to Aronofsky, he's gonna need it if Fox is still in the picture.
Fox is probably the most difficult studio to work with but I think that the right director can make a good genre film, even within their system.

Bryan Singer did it twice with X-Men and he's very uncompromising when it comes to his films, but somehow he was able to get his vision on screen and produce two critically acclaimed X-Men films.

You just need a filmmaker with a strong enough personality and one who won't back down to studio pressure.

Scarlet Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #134
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Bats View Post
it's a shame that NOW they want to think outside the box when it comes to a Wolverine movie ( which is implying that it will be darker? ).

it's a shame because it feels like we are at, or near, the end of the Jackman Wolverine portrayal. This is going to be Jackman's 5th outing as the character ( with the character growing a bit soft and stale in the last few outings ). Realistically, Jackman probably doesn't have that much time left to play the character.

IMO, this news of the new director, creative team, and direction would be more welcomed if this were a reboot done years down the road, in an effort to reintroduce the character of Wolverine with a new ( and shorter....lol ) actor in a darker, grittier story............

Even with this news..........I still can't find myself excited about this film.........
It's too little too late for me also. Anyway, I just can't see Fox allowing a movie that I will like get made.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #135
Rac
Deadite

I just wish Aronofsky GETS the character right and doesn't listen to Fox or Jackman...

And about Jackman's "darker" comments; he said similar things about the first Wolverine movie, and instead we got a McDonald's flick....

Old 10-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #136
KenK
Side-Kick

Looking at both The Fountain and The Wrestler, Aronofsky definitely understands a character like Wolverine. The struggle and conflict of the warrior, as it were. And if they're going with Logan's adventures in Japan, and falling in love with Mariko, Aronofsky's as good a director as any. He's also very versatile in his visual sensibilities. And if nothing else, we can only hope he doesn't have a scene of needless CGI, with Wolverine admiring his claws in a bathroom.

KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #137
KenK
Side-Kick

Looking at both The Fountain and The Wrestler, Aronofsky definitely understands a character like Wolverine. The struggle and conflict of the warrior, as it were. And if they're going with Logan's adventures in Japan, and falling in love with Mariko, Aronofsky's as good a director as any. He's also very versatile in his visual sensibilities. And if nothing else, we can only hope he doesn't have a scene of needless CGI, with Wolverine admiring his claws in a bathroom.

KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #138
MOVIELORD101
GOJIRA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great. Now it's gonna be depressing AND suck!

PSN: halo101
MOVIELORD101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #139
Crockett
With Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenK View Post
Looking at both The Fountain and The Wrestler, Aronofsky definitely understands a character like Wolverine. The struggle and conflict of the warrior, as it were. And if they're going with Logan's adventures in Japan, and falling in love with Mariko, Aronofsky's as good a director as any.
Couldn't agree more, and if Fox don't interference much we might actually get a good movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVIELORD101 View Post
Great. Now it's gonna be depressing AND suck!
Everybody have a right to their own opinion, but please do elaborate.

Last edited by Crockett; 10-19-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #140
Project862006
Banned User

i dont think they will darren has a very strong personality much like matthew vaughn they need him not the other way around

Old 10-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #141
Retroman
Side-Kick

Great news!

I wonder how much of the established characters/storylines from the previous movie will be carried over to this sequel? I for one would love to see Liev Schreiber return as a more feral looking Creed.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #142
JP
Smelly

That would be kinda impossible in the current continuity.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #143
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

There doesn't even seem to be a continuity to the X-Men films anymore.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #144
Project862006
Banned User

what i love about the japan story is it is basically a separate story with no continuity needed

at most you would have to explain how he got to japan

Old 10-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #145
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
what i love about the japan story is it is basically a separate story with no continuity needed

at most you would have to explain how he got to japan
Exactly.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #146
xmenfilesfan05
Side-Kick

"This is Wolverine. This is not Popeye. He’s kind of dark ,But, you know, this is a change of pace. Chris McQuarrie, who wrote The Usual Suspects, has written the script, so that’ll give you a good clue. [Aronofsky’s] going to make it fantastic. There’s going to be some meat on the bones. There will be something to think about as you leave the theater, for sure.”

Ok, if you say so Hugh.

xmenfilesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #147
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I wish they got him for Wolverine 1. It would have been interesting to see what he would have done with it. But then again Fox's pattern now seems to be getting the right person for the job several films after it would have helped the franchise.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #148
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmenfilesfan05 View Post
"This is Wolverine. This is not Popeye. He’s kind of dark ,But, you know, this is a change of pace. Chris McQuarrie, who wrote The Usual Suspects, has written the script, so that’ll give you a good clue. [Aronofsky’s] going to make it fantastic. There’s going to be some meat on the bones. There will be something to think about as you leave the theater, for sure.”

Ok, if you say so Hugh.
That's close to what I was thinking. I have a lot of faith in Daranofsky(sp?) but Jackman said the same kind of BS about the other movie and that was weak as ****. The escape scene from the Weapon X project didn't compare to the minute of footage in X2. Wolverine was such a girly man in that film too.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #149
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmenfilesfan05 View Post

Ok, if you say so Hugh.
hmmm..........that's funny........cuz when I left the theater after seeing Origins..........I was thinking about something too.

Y'know what I was thinking about?

I was thinking about how tired I was of Jackman's Wolverine. How tired I was of the further wimipification of Wolverine. How tired I was of Fox trying to milk every last drop of the X-franchise. And how tired I was of the whole X-franchise started by Singer.

That's what I was thinking about..........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #150
ALP
In The Mountains

Well McQuarrie writing and Daronofsky directing is terrific news. But I don't doubt the studio will find some way to screw the pooch and make a very mediocre film. Let's just hope not.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote