The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 08-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #51
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Default Re: What about the music?

Zimmer's Inception score is better than the score of BB and TDK combined.

Tacit Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #52
TNC9852002
Banned User

Uh, ok.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #53
Seen
It's Been Seen

Henry Jackman's contributions to the Kick-Ass score were great. I think he's an excellent choice.

Seen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #54
Electrix
Side-Kick

Henry Jackman recently scored Gulliver's Travels for 20th Century Fox. I'm currently going through it on Spotify and will report back on any cool tracks.

Last edited by Electrix; 12-27-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #55
Electrix
Side-Kick

The only track worth noting is 'Ein Roboterleben' which sounds like a grand finale piece. The soundtrack is very joyful and happy so we can't get a sense of what to expect for X-Men: First Class.

Revisit the Kick-Ass score for more X-Men related samples from Jackman

Old 12-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #56
JP
Flame On

Thanks, Electrix.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #57
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

The problem with the X-Men films is that they had a different composer for each film and that didn't help in making it consistant since there are some nice bits of music that work and don't work.

The first X-score by Michael Kamen got only good during the final Statue Of Liberty battle.

The second by John Ottman only had a good opening theme the rest was just blah!

Now the third by John Powell was the best score of all three.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #58
Crockett
With Teeth

"Gulliver's Travels" score was ok I guess, I like the parts he did for "Kick-Ass" so hopefully the score for "First Class" is as good.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:30 AM   #59
docdoc
Side-Kick

They keep changing the theme songs in every movies, wtf......

I personally think X2 got the best one, the most exciting one, First Class should look into something like that

docdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #60
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

We're almost 70 days away from the movie, and probably near the definite trailer, I am convinced that the movie is gonna be awesome in every way, except the music front, I'm very eager to hear something from Henry Pryce, hopefully something that convinces me that this movie is gonna have an almost evil sounding theme for the X-Men, like the trilogy had, and not the happy-heroic Wolverine: Origins sound (no matter how bad X3 was, Powell's score is still magnificent, specially when it came to the Phoenix theme, the X-men theme was good, but I preferred it when it was a little bit subdued, like when Storm started flying in Jean's house, or at the beginning of the movie when the Profesor and Magneto went to visit Jean). I also wouldn't mind hearing a reprise of any of the older themes (the Cerebro one comes to mind), but at the same time a Kamen-sounding soundtrack would probably make people believe that X-Men is trying to sound like Zimmer. Well long almost-rants short, please FOX, it's soundtrack snippet time.

By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:22 AM   #61
demitri_vampiro
Side-Kick

i would like to see the 90's cartoon theme comeing back in the movie. and being used in the other movies so it becomes trhe main theme.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:37 AM   #62
c-saw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
We're almost 70 days away from the movie, and probably near the definite trailer, I am convinced that the movie is gonna be awesome in every way, except the music front
and why exactly is that? Jackman did a great job with kick-ass plus his music from the first trailer was excellent.

c-saw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:49 AM   #63
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-saw View Post
and why exactly is that? Jackman did a great job with kick-ass plus his music from the first trailer was excellent.
"Kick-Ass" is more an amalgamation of soundtracks, than an original soundtrack, and also no matter how much I loved "Kick-Ass", the tone of these two movies are (hopefully) completely different. Also, the music from the teaser was not made by Henry Pryce Jackman.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #64
c-saw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
"Kick-Ass" is more an amalgamation of soundtracks, than an original soundtrack, and also no matter how much I loved "Kick-Ass", the tone of these two movies are (hopefully) completely different. Also, the music from the teaser was not made by Henry Pryce Jackman.
I was talking strictly about jackman's tracks such as watching, man in the mirror and my personal favorites of the bunch mistmobil , Marshmallows and No Power, No Responsibility.

But yeah, apparently you're right about the music in the trailer (the first one which I was talking about) not being made by him. I remember at the time doing a quick search about it and somehow his name came up so I just assumed it was him.

So I guess this means there hasn't been a single piece of score released for the movie so far.

On the bright side both the trailers had a very good use of music and if vaughn will be as involved in that area as he was in kick-ass I'm pretty sure the music (score or other licensed tracks) will be great.

c-saw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #65
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-saw View Post
I was talking strictly about jackman's tracks such as watching, man in the mirror and my personal favorites of the bunch mistmobil , Marshmallows and No Power, No Responsibility.

But yeah, apparently you're right about the music in the trailer (the first one which I was talking about) not being made by him. I remember at the time doing a quick search about it and somehow his name came up so I just assumed it was him.

So I guess this means there hasn't been a single piece of score released for the movie so far.

On the bright side both the trailers had a very good use of music and if vaughn will be as involved in that area as he was in kick-ass I'm pretty sure the music (score or other licensed tracks) will be great.
I agree with you, Jackman did a great job on "Kick-Ass", and Vaughn's involvement was clear, but I just really need to hear a little bit of the soundtrack, music usually makes or breaks movies for me, and I really want very specific things for this soundtrack (for example, I want themes for the main characters, villains, for the team, etc), I want the music to be as good as what I'm seeing in the trailers basically, I really hope Jackman delivers, but I really need those soundtrack previews soon is what I guess I'm trying to say (hopefully tracks without spoilery names by the way).

Old 05-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #66
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Do we know anything more about the score, when is it released, now that its less than a month to the release of the movie?

I'm very curious to listen the main theme. Thor's theme is nice, althought the score is a bit repetitive.
Want to hear a Magneto theme, a Mystique theme, a Hellfire theme...

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #67
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

ive listened to JG Thirwell score for the venture bros. recently and well, its quiet interesting because you could almost see that as an x-men score.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #68
elmoironman2011

to clear all this up henry jackman will score x-men first class http://filmonic.com/henry-jackman-to...en-first-class and take thats new song love love can be heard in the end credits of the film, http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...ture-in-x.html

elmoironman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #69
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by demitri_vampiro View Post
i would like to see the 90's cartoon theme comeing back in the movie. and being used in the other movies so it becomes trhe main theme.
Never ever gonna happen..

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #70
Electrix
Side-Kick

Samples of the score will probably appear online towards the end of May.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #71
Crockett
With Teeth

I'm looking forward to hear what Jackman does for the movie.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #72
Catman
Banned User

Since Bryan Singer is producing, I'm surprised John Ottman didn't return. I always enjoyed the work he did on X2 and Superman Returns. I even liked his Fantastic Four score.

Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:21 AM   #73
Glutton
Side-Kick

If anyone wants the music from the trailer,let me know

Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #74
JP
Flame On

When are we gonna hear something about the score? Movie opens in 4 weeks!

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #75
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Uh, maybe in 3 weeks?

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote