The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #26
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Default Re: James McAvoy is young Professor X

like i said before its cheaper to use make-up/prostetics to age someone...then it is to use cg...i think ppl should throw out the prof. x cameo in xmo...that was just a teaser for us fans and ppl should not rely to heavily on that...

never heard of this actor but hopefully he doesn patrick stewart justice...now bring on the students!!!!! lol...

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #27
Aesop Rocks
Price of Freedom

Hahahahahahahhahaa!!!

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #28
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Interesting. Well since Singer said that since Magneto kinda fell through, he was going to put alot of the ideas from the Magneto movie in this film, maybe the first half of the movie or so, Magento and X are pretty young. Then they age them. Who knows, but he is a good actor.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #29
samsnee
Side-Kick

I pictured him as a young Cyke, def not Prof X

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #30
Megaton Sun
Old Noob

hmm..so is McAvoy playing younger young Xavier and Stewart playing de-aged Xavier?

Megaton Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #31
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Who says that Vaughn and Singer are adhering completely to the previous films' continuity, hmm?

Just munch on this little nugget: Singer could be involved...heavily, considering Jack the Giant Killer's principle photography has -interestingly- just been pushed back to Feb. 2011. Singer was planning to shoot in London, and will likely be -again, interestingly- remaining in London for at least some of this prep time, so perhaps he will have a more direct influence than you might have expected... And I'm not exactly sure about how Vaughn feels about the released version of X3...but I have a strong feeling that it's not really the film he would have made...so perhaps certain events in the third entry and/or Wolverine will be...tastefully ignored?

For that matter, I wouldn't hold out for the obvious characters appearing, given the story they seem to be telling, expanding on the Prof.'s and Mag's early lives... I could see the blue fur-ball being a rather appropriate choice (which would both tie-in to one of the only decent elements of X3, and refashion some "authentic" comic-based continuity).

Either way, I think you folks ain't seen 'nuthin yet...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)

Last edited by JackMercy; 05-27-2010 at 10:06 PM.
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #32
chaseter
Bland User

I set up a thread so we don't have a ton of casting threads...because there are going to be a lot.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #33
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
Nice to hear such positive reaction. The folk as **************.com are not so welcoming to this news.
They aren't welcoming to anything.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #34
Superhero 101
DESI

This is quite interesting i wonder how this will play out

Old 05-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #35
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Eh, I'm sure he'll do a fine job. Not thrilled and not disappointed either.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #36
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Nice. Good actor, not who I expected as a young Xavier, but I trust Vaughn. And they're shooting in London, interesting to say the least.

... but will they shoot at the mansion they used for the past three movies? I mean, the timeline's as screwed up as possible, but some visual continuity would be nice.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #37
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Seems too young for the role. I don't hate him but I don't love him either. That being said, I'm sure he will do fine.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #38
Figs
Banned User

This was out of left field. From what i've seen him in I think he's a fairly good actor but as of right now it's hard to see him in the role.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #39
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I like McAvoy, I do, but this was a surprise. I don't see this as easily as I had Stewert when it was announced all those years ago. I don't know how this is going to work out...

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #40
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

What Is probally happening Is they wanted actors to play Xavier and magneto
when they first meet begain their firendship and start working together and for later on after school Is formed.They obvisously will take libities with what
Xavier told Wolverine how he and Magneto met.I serously doudt Singer and
Vaught plan on anything to call attention to Last Stand or Wolverine.I suspect a film more or less In line as prequel to Singer's films but may take
libities with things here and there but not enough to not call it a prequel.

I suspect we will have structure similar to Star Trek.Xavier and magneto
early days are similar to the romulan attack on Kelvin,Kirk and Spock's boyhood,and Spock joining Starfleet and Kirk's fight In bar and joining Starfleet.

This Is the really big non Marvel Studios Marvel related film I am excited
about.And If this can be cross between Star Trek and X2 then we are In
store for something good.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #41
the a1ant
Awesome

I would have preferred him for Magneto, but this is still good. He's a quality actor, and that's what matters.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #42
illest urban
Que3r Fanboy

VERY exciting news!!! Unexpected, but like many have said, McAvoy is a fine actor and brings serious credibility to the role. I think folks are getting too worked up about age/Patrick Stewart. This reminds me of when they announced Heath Ledger for The Joker and a lot of ppl were like "WTF!?" And look at him now... I can't WAIT to see other cast announcements! My excitement still grows...

illest urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #43
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Just like others here at the board I too agree on James McAvoy as Charles, he played the average Joe Shmoe in Wanted very convincingly and almost has that Patrick Stewart nose shape.

I'm guessing that there will different time periods in the film so aging makeup will be used because I don't want to see the X-Men in diapers.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #44
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Here's another cookie to munch on: McAvoy is available for this movie because...

Heavy rumors pegged McAvoy for a lead role in a very big set of franchise films that were originally supposed to shoot this summer...but have now been indefinitely delayed, due largely to the financial troubles of one of the rights holders...

(Actually, even if that didn't work out, McAvoy could have been shooting another franchise sequel this summer...but that ain't happening, either!)

And the golden ticket goes to...?

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)

Last edited by JackMercy; 05-27-2010 at 11:23 PM.
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #45
Karelia
We Are Groot

I kinda figured they'd be bringing back Patrick Stewart, but I guess not? Anyways, I haven't seen this guy act so I can't really say anything about him. But I like that they're going fresh with this. From what we know this movie has the potential to be pretty sweet.

Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #46
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Omg, only some news like this to bring me back from my X-exile! Hey danoyse!
James McAvoy is amazing! I've been following his career since I saw the guy acting in a mostly unknown film - "Inside I'm Dancing" - and he never let me down.
It was an amazing surprise, I really didn't expect this at all. But I'm so glad he's doing this!

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #47
Electrix
Side-Kick

McAvoy is a great actor and a solid choice. I love the fact that they are shooting in London as it shows Fox are bending over backwards for Vaughn. They've let him bring Jane Goldman in to rewrite the script, and now they're shooting in his back yard.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #48
Slim_X
Side-Kick

Maybe they're not casting someone older because they don't want him too old for future films. If this movie is done right then it can become the X-Men franchise's Batman Begins, a great movie that sets up an amazing sequel.

Slim_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #49
Electrix
Side-Kick

Matthew Vaughn was photographed having a meeting with James McAvoy and Aaron Johnson in May.

http://www.contactmusic.com/photos.n...vaughn_2849418

We could have seen this coming! Johnson is way too young to be playing Magneto. Cyclops maybe?

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:45 AM   #50
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Love James McAvoy! (I hated Wanted, but I loved him in Atonement and the first Narnia film)

Definitely interesting casting.