The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #51
bhayes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where's Angel and Iceman?

well i have to agree with the original post. x men really needs a reboot.

i know i'm in the minority but i thought that x3 was awesome conclusion on the movie saga. Storm & Wolverine have to lead the remaining x-men to a climactic final battle. i also like the social commentary in the movie too great acting, great cast. great visual affects, great plot it was just awesome. i also felt they did a great job with the action too.

X3 sorta combines the feel of the comic as well as the ani mated series and the feel of the movie series all in one movie. Kelsey grammer as beast steals the show as well. great acting and so on. i have a few nitpicks but for the most part it was a great flick. it really was.

sure bryan singer would have done something different and brett ratner would be less hated, but i feel like he did a great job with the flick. great conclusion. in x-men 1 we see the begining and x3 is the end.

but in all honesty im shocked at how bad wolverine turned out. i don't blame hugh jackman. i like hugh jackman. he has a great leading man charisma and he could ultimately become a great action guy if he picks the right roles. but the people behind the camera really messed up badly. i don't know who is to blame but they screwed up.

ya know how shia lebouf later admitted that INDY 4 sucked. i wonder when someone will come around and admit this about wolverine.

i liked what bryan singer-brett ratner did with the movies. the 3 x men movies showed that you could make changes to the source material and still get the important elements of drama, action and sci-fi appeal in the movie. i was doubtful at first but i ultimately became a jackman fan. i liked his wolverine portrayal.

but as we all know wolverine is a crap of a movie. i felt that fox was creating a great sci-fi series with the x films. a saga about great heros going on great adventures.

wolverine is basically craptacular B movie with a retarded plot, simply put. they basically ignored everything that we have seen the previous films and watered wolverine down for the kiddies.

They probably should have got brett ratner to do wolverine.

So So action scenes. Poor CGI. Bad editing. ignored too much of what was previously established. retarded plot. and then there is of course there is barakapool. just a huge huge huge step down from what we saw in the last 3 films.

its a shame that bryan singer was unavailable to direct wolverine he would have done it right.

but they really messed up the franchise IMO with wolverine. wolverine does to the x-men franchise what batman & robin did to tim burton's batman movies.

people here have expressed why wolverine sucked and im totally with them.

i can't understand. if the spider-man, fantastic four, daredevil/electra movies can get a reboot when there is really not that much wrong with them why not x men?

i mean its painfully obvious that they completely dropped the ball with wolverine. the cinematics in the video game adaption of the film tell the story better than the actual movie does.

i'm abandoning the x men movies and i'm now more excited about the avengers film coming up.

Kevin Feige mentioned that he wants to create a franchise and that he hopes to take the avengers heros into outer space adventures and take the action to Star Wars level scale of action.

before wolverine i was hoping that could happen with the x men where the x-men go out into space and fight aliens or just ya know epic adventures.

i was open to the x men first class idea but wolverine makes me want to reboot.

but i guess if they did reboot x men, it would be like FOX admitting that they messed up with wolverine. so they are trying to stick with the first class idea.

but hey First Class maybe be a really good movie and it may win us over and the bad wolverine movie won't matter.

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #52
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
I had this idea a while ago but it was more loosely based on a probability all four movies would indicate who the first class was made up of.

My idea was that Xavier and Lenshire started the school together and between them found the mutants who would make up the first class... Now to me we would look towards the inital first members being, Henry McCoy - who possibly would be the first mutant Xavier found. Lenshire on the other hand would of probablly found Raven Darkholme first which would explain there strong bond in the future x-men films. Between them they then found Jean Grey making the first 3 members... 4th probably would of been Cyclops who at first refuses but ends up being captured by Stryker however because Professor Xavier was monitoring him he was able to find him and rescue about 12 mutants, out of the 12 mutants rescued were Scott Summers, Ororo Monroe, Mortimer Tombey (Toad), Sean Cassidy (Banshee), Emma Frost, Jason Stryker, Pietro Maximoff and Wanda Maximoff. the other 4 were probably returned to there family. However im guessing Professor Xavier acted on his own in this and when Lenshire learns of what Stryker was doing starts to take a more negative view of humanity. Also im guessing Magnetos doesnt realise Pietro and Wanda are his children. So without having to go through a long story, we simply explain that Pietro and Wanda know that Magneto is there father and there mother had told them of this a long time ago before she was killed. Learning of her death by the hands of people like stryker Eric realise xaviers dream was flawed and Professor Xavier possible knew the fate of his wife Magda and kept it secrete from him all these years. Thus leading to Eric mentoring Jason Stryker making him slightly twisted and warped viewed which leads to Jason becoming the caterlist villian for the movie which xavier created the x-men to handle and Mageto leaves to form the Brotherhood...
Hurm.. this brings about a possibly plothole involving Jason Stryker. It was stated that William Stryker hates mutants because of what his son did to his wife, but his son probably was not yet at Xavier's school if he was still recruiting his students by the end of Wolverine. Unless of course, he was only starting to recruit the X-Men themselves at that time, meaning that Jason's time at the school may have sparked the need for a team of mutant defenders. There's potential for a cool story to lead into the need for the likes of Cyclops and Emma to join the cast, but the writers of First Class should be really careful about how they portray this prequel continuity, so as not to step on the toes of the previous movies.

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #53
ALittlePush
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidboy View Post
Hurm.. this brings about a possibly plothole involving Jason Stryker. It was stated that William Stryker hates mutants because of what his son did to his wife, but his son probably was not yet at Xavier's school if he was still recruiting his students by the end of Wolverine. Unless of course, he was only starting to recruit the X-Men themselves at that time, meaning that Jason's time at the school may have sparked the need for a team of mutant defenders. There's potential for a cool story to lead into the need for the likes of Cyclops and Emma to join the cast, but the writers of First Class should be really careful about how they portray this prequel continuity, so as not to step on the toes of the previous movies.
In X-Men 2, Stryker said that his wife killed herself after Jason returned back from Xavier's school.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #54
TNC9852002
Banned User

Well, Stryker's son in X2 looked like he could've been in his fourties, so, it's possible and likely that we were to believe that what happened to Stryker and his son/family occurred during or right before his involvement/appearance in X-Men Origins:Wolverine.

I dunno.

Someone needs to watch all of the X-Men movies back to back and create a timeline.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #55
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

I recall some kind of mention of Stryker's son in Origins:Wolverine....but not specificly what was said.

I'm thinking of doing a fanedit that combines scenes from all of the existing movies into one epic story...so I will be watching them all again sometime soon.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #56
TNC9852002
Banned User

I was very close to buying the X-Men Trilogy on Blu-ray a few days ago..

It's easy to pass up on those kinds of things, seeing as I haven't finished watching a lot of Blu Rays that I've had for almost a year.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #57
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

I haven't switched to blue ray yet....I'll wait until it is the only way get movies or the cost comes down considerably.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #58
JP
Smelly

I have them on bluray. They look great.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #59
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

In regards to the second draft of the original x-men script - might still be online somewhere, there was quiet a few versions done. Ive seen two online so far but only heard plot differences for some of the others. But that was a long time ago, try googling it.

--

My thoughts on Strykers Son...

See i figure Jason Stryker was the key to the whole divide, i mean he was mentally warped, even much so that Magneto knew of this... which to me sounds like Magneto had a hand in warping Jason Strykers Mind...

So this is what i get for an idea, Jason Stryker escaped 3 mile island with all the other mutants. I've always questioned what sabretooth did when he was knocked out to meeting back up with wolverine later on.

The way i like to think of it is that when Sabretooth wakes up, instead of heading direct to Wolverine, he goes to kill Stryker however unable to find him starts trashing the place, mostly the lab area where all those frozen mutants were. And somehow his hatrid causes the the frozen mutants to escape. So those mutants which included Jason Stryker found there were with the other mutants that escaped which Cyclops lead to Xavier.

So at that point Jason Stryker could of been amoungst the students that flew away with Xavier at the end. Although this isnt shown in the movie i have a thoery as to why this could of possibly happend we just didnt see him.

Firstly Jason has the same abilities as Mastermind, and could of appeared invisiable during the rescue and stowed away on xaviers helicopter.

Or

When Stryker was arrested the mutants in the lab were awaken but with the high level case against striker and the question of why did Stryker's wife allow stryker to freeze there son. Im guessing something like Shield intervined and new about Jason as being a mutant and Sheild colaborated with Charles Xavier so Jason went into his career whilst his parents went to trial.

So we can see that area there.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #60
I_am_iron_man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post

Someone needs to watch all of the X-Men movies back to back and create a timeline.
Wooo It's hard (and my english isn't well). I don't report "hypothetical" years because i really don't know. But, after watching the four movies, this is the main event:

* Wolverine is born in 1845. He sees his father died and discover his "powers" for first time; he discover Victor Creed is his half-brother;
* Wolverine fights some wars;
* Magneto was a prisoner in WWII;
* Xavier meet Magneto (this is not in the movies but is allude);
* Wolverine joins a Stryker's team, he left some days after his first mission;
* Wolverine lives in Canada along with his girlfriend Kayla Silverfox;
* Xavier and Magneto discuss about a school for gifted mutants (this is not in the movies but is allude);
* Wolverine discovers that Bradley and Wade are dead; Victor kills Silverfox apparently; Stryker's done experiment on Wolverine and he became Weapon X;
* Wolverine kills Zero; found information about Creed by Blob;
* Scott Summers is a teenager and is kidnapped by Victor;
* Presumably Styker has done experiment also on his son, Jason, that he takes on ice...HERE THERE IS THE FIRST PROBLEM. In "Wolverine" it was said Stryker's wife was killed already; in X2 it was said Stryker's wife was killed after Jason's returning from Xavier's school.
* Victor kills Wraith; Wolverine meet Gambit;
* Wolverine discovers that Silverfox is still alive, Victor and Stryker works together, Stryker has kidnap some mutants and has created a Weapon XI: Wade/Deadpool;
* Stryker has promised an experiment to Victor (but in movies still not happening);
* Wolverine saves young mutants (Scott/Cyclops, Emma Frost, apparently Banshee, Quicksilver, Toad and some other mutants) and fights Deadpool, he decapitates him;
* Kayla died; Stryker cancel Wolverine's memories; Wolverine meet Gambit and don't remember nothin' about him;
* Xavier saves the mutants;
* Stryker was arrested for General Munson's death;
* Wade/Deadpool is still alive;
* Xavier and Magneto meet a young Jean;
* There is all Wolverine's Japan's story (Wolverine 2, right?);
* Victor became Sabretooth (in which mode?);
* First Class is formed. In theory it's composed by Scott/Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Storm and (maybe) Emma, Quicksilver, Banshee, Toad;
* Magneto broke Xavier's backbone and create his Brotherhood along with Sabretooth, Toad and Mystique;
* Angel is a kid, son of a great doctor who search a cure for mutants;
* Rogue is a teenager who discovers his power and meet Wolverine;
* Wolverine and Rogue meet Xavier and his X-Men (Scott/Cyclops, Storm, Jean...We know Beast has leave the team some years before Wolverine's join and he's a political now);
* In the school there are Jubilee, Kitty, Iceman, Pyro, Syrin, Colossus: all teenager;
* Senator Kelly was killed by Magneto;
* Xavier's go in a coma, X-Men fights Brootherhood: Toad and Sabretooth dead, Mystique and Magneto are alive;
* Rogue's hair change in "half-white";
* Wolverine go in Canada to found his past but he discovers nothin';
* Jean's powers became powerful;
* Iceman is with Rogue;
* A mutant called Nightcrawler try to kill the President;
* Stryker wants to start a war against mutants, we meet Lady Deathstrike;
* Wolverine's come back to school;
* Xavier and Scott/Cyclops was kidnapped by Stryker along with some mutants;
* Storm and Jean found Nightcrawler;
* Wolverine, Iceman, Rogue and Pyro escape;
* Brotherhood make an alliance with X-Men to defeat Stryker;
* We learn that Stryker hate mutants, his son Jason is still alive and Lady Deathstrike was an his experiment (like a Weapon ...number here...);
* Wolverine kills Stryker and Lady Deathstrike;
* Pyro joins Magneto and Mystique;
* Jean dead to safe X-Men;
* Nightcrawler leaves the team (but this is not explain in the movie);
* Scott/Cyclops is desperate about Jean's death;
* Xavier and Storm have formed a new X-men's team: Iceman, Rogue, Kitty and Colossus...They fight a Sentinel;
* Mystique is captured;
* We meet Beast and Bolivar Trask;
* Jean's come back as Phoenix, Scott apparently dead;
* The cure is launched by Warren Worthington, Angel escape;
* Mystique was cured, Magneto and Pyro meet Juggernaut, Callisto, Psylocke, Arclight, Kid Omega, Multiple Man...;
* Angel joins School;
* Jean kills Xavier and join Magneto;
* Kitty and Iceman falls apparently in love, Rogue decided to cure himself;
* X-Men (Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Kitty, Colossus and Angel) fights other mutants;
* Iceman became "all-ice" like in comics;
* Psylocke, Callisto, Juggernaut, Arclight, Kid Omega, Pyro and other mutans apparently dead, Magneto was cured;
* Wolverine kills Jean;
* Beast is Onu's ambassador;
* Rogue was cured;
* Magneto is cured but maybe cure is not effective;
* Xavier is still alive in a body in cure by Dr. Moira McTaggart.

Ok, there is all basic information about 4 movies. Till now there are only two problems: Stryker's wife effective death and Wolverine's experiment is different between Origins and X-Men 2...

We'll see how they explained all the things...

Last edited by I_am_iron_man; 06-11-2010 at 09:07 PM.
I_am_iron_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #61
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I have them on bluray. They look great.
I got them last Christmas, and watched all 4 movies the next day. They look amazing on blu-ray.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #62
TNC9852002
Banned User

You should let me borrow them.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #63
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

i have the movie timeline including dates...

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
Old 06-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #64
JP
Smelly

Except your timeline is horribly flawed.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #65
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

No my time line is accurate, its just your perception of events in the x-men movie universe is flawed.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
Old 06-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #66
JP
Smelly

No, you're timeline consists of three years in between each film. That is inaccurate.

X2 takes place a few weeks after X1. And X3, a few months.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #67
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

You have no proof of that other than you think that is what it feels like...

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
Old 06-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #68
JP
Smelly

Uh. No. Bryan Singer said X2 takes place a few weeks after X2. ANd Brett Ratner says the same thing about X3.

And, in a little thing called "story telling" they both let their audiences know that by what is shown in the films.

Heck I'll give you an example:

Scott: "You know ever since Liberty Island you've been.. different. A couple of weeks ago you had to concentrate to lift a book or a chair, now when you have a nightmare the entire bedroom shakes."

Old 06-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #69
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

so when did Singer and Ratner say this? because i too have heard of Singer stating that there was at leats 2 to 3 years between x1 and x2... and i'm sure that was on the special feature on the dvd... Ratner confirmed that his movie took place 3 years after x2.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
Old 06-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #70
JP
Smelly

No. No, and no. Where are you reading this? Listen to the commentaries on both DVD. Read interviews with Singer and Ratner.. or even easier.. WATCH THE MOVIES.

I just gave you an exact quote of Cyclops stating that Liberty Island was "a few weeks ago". What more do you need?

Old 06-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #71
I_am_iron_man
Side-Kick

Quote:
No. No, and no. Where are you reading this? Listen to the commentaries on both DVD. Read interviews with Singer and Ratner.. or even easier.. WATCH THE MOVIES.

I just gave you an exact quote of Cyclops stating that Liberty Island was "a few weeks ago". What more do you need?
Confirmed.

I_am_iron_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #72
TNC9852002
Banned User

Shall I grab some boxing gloves?

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #73
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
You have no proof of that other than you think that is what it feels like...
Obviously he has proof. And I specifically remember that line from the movie as well. JP is correct.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #74
union_jak
Licky licky

As far as I was lead to believe....

In the first X-Men movie (2000) it is set in the 'not too distant future'. This is then followed up by X2 (2003), which is mentioned as being a few weeks/months after those events. X3 (2006) is then set another few months after X2, and in the present day - meaning 2006.

All three X-Men movies were set in 2006, with the final events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) being set in 1989 (17 years before X-Men).

i think union is tight...
Quote:
Union is pretty hot..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurka View Post
union_jak for shoooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogansRunt View Post
I had to go with JakJak.

Quote:
Jak is teh sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaperson2 View Post
**** it, unionjak is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez View Post
I gotta go for my boy Jak here.

RIP Brittany, my Harley Quinn
union_jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:56 PM   #75
TNC9852002
Banned User

That's reasonable.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!