The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 08-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
kguillou
Side-Kick

Default BvS WareHouse Fight vs. Daredevil Stairwell fight

This year the superhero franchise upped its game in terms of fight choreography. We've been blessed with some incredible action scenes. In terms of hand to hand combat, I think the two standouts of 2016 are the Daredevil season 2 stairwell scene where DD lays a one take smackdown on a group of biker thugs and the Batman warehouse sequence from BvS in which after 25 years of cinema finally displays what a badass Batman is in combat.

If you had to choose, which do you feel was the better fight sequence?

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE 2) John Wick 2 3) Logan 4) BladeRunner 2049 5) Wonder Woman 6) ALIEN: Covenant 7) WAR Of The Planet of The Apes 8) Ghost in The Shell 9) Kingsman: Golden Circle 10) THOR: Ragnorak
kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:55 PM   #2
Whatupman
Side-Kick

Default Re: BvS WareHouse Fight vs. Daredevil Stairwell fight

I loved the BvS fight, but Daredevil all the way. And considering that the people working on Daredevil probably had a lot less time to make the fight, also makes it really impressive.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:12 PM   #3
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Daredevil with ease. The Daredevil scene bleeds humanity. Matt gets beaten, Matt gets bruised, matt has to take a breather or two to recover. This only intensifies his heroism and showcases his amazing endurance.

Batman on the other hand is a farce. A guy in his mid 40's who can take on a room full of guys after being thrown through concrete several times by Superman with no visible physical weariness. It's too unbelievable to invest in.

Daredevil also manages to not kill anybody. So that's a plus.

Last edited by Tacit Ronin; 08-29-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #4
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Daredevil with ease. The Daredevil scene bleeds humanity. Matt gets beaten, Matt gets bruised, matt has to take a breather or two to recover. This only intensifies his heroism and showcases his amazing endurance.

Batman on the other hand is a farce. A guy in his mid 40's who can take on a room full of guys after being thrown through concrete several times by Superman with no visible physical weariness. It's too unbelievable to invest in.

This

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:44 PM   #5
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Batman all the way, for its sheer brutality. In this sequence Snyder brought Miller's Dark Knight to life, in all his brutal glory ( shame about the rest of the film). Respect to DD but it's Batman for me.
( his cameos were one of the few good bits of suicide squad).

Peace.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:03 PM   #6
kguillou
Side-Kick

Its a tough call, I might slightly give the edge to Batman for the same reason Batmannerism said. I mean, you just FEEL it when Batman is knockin those thugs around and smashin' their heads into crates and stuff. DD's sequence is incredible, my only slight irk with it is that its so darkly lit that at brief moments I cant tell whats going on or cant make out when DD lands a hit on someone.

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE 2) John Wick 2 3) Logan 4) BladeRunner 2049 5) Wonder Woman 6) ALIEN: Covenant 7) WAR Of The Planet of The Apes 8) Ghost in The Shell 9) Kingsman: Golden Circle 10) THOR: Ragnorak
Old 08-29-2016, 09:08 PM   #7
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I enjoyed the unedited version of the Batman v Superman fight if only because it actually showed Batman throwing a functioning batarang and it actually being thrown and returned back to him.

But between the two, definitely the Daredevil fight because it was shot to appear as if it was all one take.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:13 PM   #8
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Daredevil, definitely. Best fight scene I've seen this year. The prison fight with Punisher against the other inmates would be second.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:24 PM   #9
BlZARRO
Banned User

Batman, easily. I love Daredevil but the Batman fight was just more brutal and creative. Plus, more epic. Plus, it's Batman.

Daredevil fights are great but it gets to a point where it's just more of the same.

Quote:

ANY GUY who can take on dozens and dozens of guys, night after night, is a farce. There's nothing believable about Batman, there's nothing believable about Daredevil, who apparently manages to kick everybody's ass without getting killed, and even though he gets a beating from time to time, he always gets back to it. Is there anything realistic about it? I don't think so. Both are unrealistic. You can't be more or less realistic. You can only be realistic or unrealistic. Both are unrealistic.

Batman couldn't exist in the real life. No man could do what he does. Whether he is in his 20's or in his 40's is irrelevant. Neither version could exist.

Tony Stark gets smashed against buildings in pretty much every movie. He should be dead by now. A suit can't protect you from that sort of impact.

No CB hero is realistic.

BlZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #10
Doctor Octopus
Banned User

It not close. Daredevil fight is best. It show true hero fighting and it very brutal and have best fight choreography.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #11
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Daredevil has super powers.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:07 PM   #12
Supa
Side-Kick

I mean, don't get me wrong. The warehouse fight is super sick, but I have to give the Daredevil fight a lot of credit. Not only is this a scene Netflix show competing from a multi-million dollar film, but just in terms of cinematography it's super cool.
I used to make a lot of student films, and the fact that the hallway fight is just one, long, continuous shot just blew me away. Even ignoring the content of it, just on a technical level it's such a great scene.

And as for the content of it, it really comes down more to preference, but I guess I prefer the hallway fight, for the reasons that Tacit Ronin said. It's not so much one badass fighter vs a dozen guys, but one man on a mission fighting an uphill battle against the odds. Daredevil managing to take down everyone just feels very triumphant in and of itself

Supa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #13
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

It's a tie but only because I think the stairwell fight goes on for too long and I don't see how Matt didn't kill anyone.

John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:36 PM   #14
kguillou
Side-Kick

There is one section of the stairwell fight where DD throws the chain around someone's neck on the floor above him and then pulls him down and he comes crashing on the staircase below--they must have had to rehearse that specific move a million times to get it right, much less in ONE TAKE with the rest of the scene. Kudos to the stuntman who played that specific thug because that s*** looked like it genuinely hurt.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:39 PM   #15
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Daredevil's fight is better than Batman's in BVS.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:40 PM   #16
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

The warehouse fight.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #17
Brother Jack
Is Back

The hallway fight in Daredevil season one is better than both. Probably the best superhero fight ever done.

The second season fight is great as well, but I think it does go on a bit too long and it's not as good about hiding its cuts.

The warehouse fight is probably the best scene in BVS in terms of pure filmmaking. Despite the overall quality of the movie, and the exigent contrivances of the fight, it is a legitimately well done fight scene. If you remove the killing it's about as close to a perfect Batman fight that's ever been done on film.

You do not fear death.
You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak.
How can you move faster than possible,
fight longer than possible,
without the most powerful impulse of the spirit:
The fear of death.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:04 AM   #18
Timebomb
Side-Kick

Quote:

I was thinking about what to write and then I read this and you summed it up perfectly. I just feel for Matt the longer that fight goes on.

Now I do love the warehouse fight and believe it is the best part of BVS. It was everything I wanted to see in a Batman fight. It was awesome. Except for the implied deaths and the fact that Batman almost appeared super human in strength.

Timebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:22 AM   #19
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Not really any different to what we see in the comics or the video games.

It was basically Batman's combat realised at full potential, cinematically.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:18 AM   #20
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Daredevil easily. Amazing fight with 5% the budget of a big blockbuster and you actually root for the guy,while for Affleck's Batman...

Last edited by First Avenger; 08-30-2016 at 02:46 AM.
First Avenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:58 AM   #21
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Batman, but both scenes are cool.

Who put Bella in the wych elm? Hans Van Houten did.
Greens
I know you're there, I know you can hear me.
You may have no tongue but there's nothing wrong with your ears.

Aziz
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:01 AM   #22
jihado86
Side-Kick

That Batman scene was the only fight in BvS which is not two entities hitting and pushing each others. It was good, really. But it's nowhere near the Daredevil scene.

jihado86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:06 AM   #23
TeeKay
Side-Kick

BvS fight was impressive but the Daredevil fight was on another level.

TeeKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:24 AM   #24
Spider-Aziz
Side-Kick

Both are pretty stupid, but really cool to look at.

I'll give it a tie.

YOUTUBE
My inbox always has room for you. If you want to roast me, advice me, ask me something, clear confusion, or have any words to share.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:05 AM   #25
Bats123
Master Chief

Daredevil, easy, Batman's was cool but the stairwell scene was just an impressive feat in camera work and editing and i love how brutal and gritty it is.

Bats123 is online now   Reply With Quote