Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #251
Isildur´s Heir
What are you looking at?

Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
it would be more emotional to see him go through that physical change possibly through cerebro a machine magneto help him create to show how he looses his hair

than to say oh well he has always been bald
It´s your opinion, but i don´t agree, not even close.
An accident (in this case the all cerebro thing) is a momentary event; something that changes about you for a reason you have no control over, it´s much more emotional.
But emotion is not even part of the reason, but the fact that mutation as the ability to change people physically, to have the balding happen due to an accident is to simplify things.

Last edited by Isildur´s Heir; 02-14-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #252
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildur´s Heir View Post

Errr.....you do like the characters or you just want to see the fights and special effect, if it´s the last case, go watch the cartoons and play with action figures.
If you actually like the X-Men for what they are, if you really like comics, i don´t get your post.
if you like the X-Men, what do you like about them to the point of accepting every crappy change they throw at you?
There is a big diference between blind fanboyism and moronic changes, as the bald be because of his mutation is very important, it explains how far the mutation changes human physiology
It doesn't mean that Xavier's mutantness isn't what causes his baldness. It's quite possible Cerebro wouldn't make just ANYONE bald on it's trial run, just a telepath like Xavier.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #253
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
McAvoy said by the end of the movie his Xavier will be more like Stewart's Xavier. That could be both baldness and wheelchair, or just wheelchair.
Or maybe he said that based not on the physical changes the character will go through, but that he'll become more like the Xavier Patrick impersonated in the films, i.e., the respectable teacher, father-like figure, the morally ascetic man?

I think that what he was saying was that Xavier wasn't exactly a saint in his younger years, that maybe he used his powers to manipulate people and stuff like that, he led a bit of a dissolute life, etc. I think that Charles' questioning of Erik's ways will change him little by little, he'll slowly turn into a more serious and responsible man, a pacifist. But I guess that the thing that will represent the biggest change in his life - the complete rupture from his old life - will be his paralysis. Now I'm curious to know if they'll deal with it by the end of the film, or just let him be a bit more Patrick's Xavier by the end of it, but not exactly disabled.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 02-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #254
The Wizard
Side-Kick

We know he'll have lost the ability to walk by the film's end. I'm curious myself about what his transformation toward becoming Patrick's version will be like.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #255
merbass
Side-Kick

Do you think that will happen in this film ?

Old 02-15-2011, 04:59 AM   #256
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

It would be a great ending, but I wonder if they'll have the time to include such a dramatic moment and not make it feel rushed.

But then, there is so much stuff they have to address in the movie, that I was thinking that maybe it'll be longer than two hours. Anyway, my opinion is that we'll see it happening.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #257
The Wizard
Side-Kick

It's been confirmed.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #258
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
It's been confirmed.
What's been confirmed?

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles
Old 02-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #259
Great Mind(s)
Broken

It.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 AM   #260
Bren
Forevernoob

Considering their powers are similar in that they are (relatively) passive, and can manipulate people unseen; I'm thinking that Charles learns how use of this kind power, regardless of intention, is evil.

I've seen people similar to myself do things that I might have, but because I saw it and the repercussions, I learnt from OTHER people's mistakes (not that Shaw sees it as a mistake). Maybe Xavier as well...

He could learn from Shaw, the evil of abusing one's power to benefit themself. And learns from Magneto, that using one's powers to gain revenge, is also a bad thing.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #261
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Slow news day, so...

Sexy can I?

Aaaaand...James talks a little bit about First Class here - starts around 3:20:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #262
succumbtofear
Man With Chops

Nice! The more I see of McAvoy, the more I like of him!

Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #263
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Aw McAvoy is such a nerd it's awesome!

Old 02-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #264
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

He's really a big nerd! When James started acting in London he shared a flat with other five or six young struggling actors - including one Jesse Spencer - and one of them said they couldn't take him away from the TV when anything Sci-Fi was on, including the really bad series and bad movies!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #265
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
Slow news day, so...

Sexy can I?

Aaaaand...James talks a little bit about First Class here - starts around 3:20:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Ok admittedly he does look cute here. Just here tho! I havent been converted. Yet.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #266
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

New McAvoy interview!

‘X-Men: First Class’: James McAvoy calls it ‘a love story’ like Butch and Sundance

Feb. 23, 2011 | 9:16 a.m.

James McAvoy leads the way to the past in ”X-Men: First Class,” which opens June 3 and presents him as a younger Charles Xavier, the mutant master who sees the world in very different ways than his frenemy, Erik, who is destined to become Magneto. Our Geoff Boucher caught up with McAvoy a few weeks ago while the 31-year-old Scottish actor was shooting the Fox film in L.A.

GB: It sounds like you had your hands full with the water-tank work here in L.A.?

JM: It was me saving Michael Fassbender’s … which is always fun. We worked together before, we met on “Band of Brothers,” which was my first TV job and probably his first or second. We both ride motorbikes, you know, scooters, around London, and every now and again, we’d pass each other and stop and give an old pump of the hand and slap on the back. He’s a lovely fellow.

GB: You and he each have a challenge — Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are towering figures in the sci-fi and fantasy sector, and I imagine stepping into their roles must give you pause. Do you think a lot about Stewart’s work in this role, either as a place to begin or a place to avoid?

JM: I don’t think about it too much. This isn’t a reboot, so I’m not replacing anyone, in which case you might want to try to be as different as possible and stay away from what has been done before. This is a prequel, so I’m the same character, just younger, but the challenge for me — and for Michael — is to show the same person in a different place in their life, to show someone before they’re this bad guy, before they’re this saint. Charles wasn’t always a … monk, this selfless, sexless monk that he becomes.

GB: [Producer] Bryan Singer said many months ago that in his mind the story of the Charles and Erik friendship demanded to be the center of any prequel. Can you talk a bit about the physics of that friendship in this film?

JM: It’s kind of a love story, like “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,” which, really, was a love story between two men. This is the first time in their lives they’ve met someone who is an equal of sorts, someone who understands them and can connect and push them too. Especially Charles, he’s fascinated with Erik and his potential. For Erik, Charles is the first person he’s trusted to really tell about his past and the first person to understand the horrible things he’s been through.

GB: Tell us about your non-monk Charles.

JM: Charles is caught up in himself. He enjoys success and is proud, and he’s not the selfless person that he becomes. You look at the relationship with Raven – who becomes Mystique – and you examine that relationship and the way he treats her like a living experiment. She’s an assistant to him and he cares for her, but there’s his ego and condescending big-brother attitude as well. You see it in the way he treats the others. In the “later” movies, he’s exorcised that from his personality. For me, trying to keep that ego as an underpinning of the character is important.

GB: Matthew Vaughn is quite the firebrand. I’m not sure I’ve ever met anyone who was more candid.

JM: He’s a really good fun, he’s a character. He’s definitely not like anybody else. But that’s the same with all these directors, isn’t it? It’s a strange breed of person, these director types, a bit dodgy aren’t they? But he really is a lot of fun to be around and there’s a lot of energy and he has a very specific thing he’s looking for and when you come in to it he’s got great people around him. It’s just an actor’s coven [on the set] if you know what I mean, there’s a community that he creates that is quite cool.

GB: At the beginning of this project, Vaughn said Hollywood was wringing all the life out the superhero genre. Thoughts?

JM: All fashions go around. At some point, the audience taste and stamina might be less, and then you see the cycle of fashion and it goes away for a while. I look at the Christian Bale movies, the Batman films, and that shows you that superhero movies don’t just have to be about men in tights. I think ‘The Dark Knight’ was really quite interesting, and if you can make movies that are that interesting, it sort of goes beyond fashion. You just try to be as good as you can and try not to get fired. Seriously, that’s a real threat with these superhero movies. People get fired all the time, and I don’t want to lose my job.

– Geoff Boucher

LA Times

Old 02-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #267
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Ok admittedly he does look cute here. Just here tho! I havent been converted. Yet.
Engage!

Old 02-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #268
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Engage!

LOL Nice try but no

Old 02-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #269
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
LOL Nice try but no
More for me!

Old 02-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #270
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

A couple more James' stills from "The Conspirator":

The movie looks great; can't wait to see it, although I don't have any idea if it'll ever be released in my neck of the woods. For all you lucky ones in the US, the release date is April 15th. Hopefully James will do some interviews to promote the film, and pimp First Class a little bit as well!

Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #271
hugekent
Side-Kick

Quote:
JM: Charles is caught up in himself. He enjoys success and is proud, and he’s not the selfless person that he becomes. You look at the relationship with Raven – who becomes Mystique – and you examine that relationship and the way he treats her like a living experiment. She’s an assistant to him and he cares for her, but there’s his ego and condescending big-brother attitude as well. You see it in the way he treats the others. In the “later” movies, he’s exorcised that from his personality. For me, trying to keep that ego as an underpinning of the character is important.
Xavier and Mystique have a relationship? Did they ever even exchange a glance in the first three movies?

Old 02-25-2011, 04:22 AM   #272
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugekent View Post
Xavier and Mystique have a relationship? Did they ever even exchange a glance in the first three movies?
She almost killed him in the first one (sabotaging Cerebro).

If that isn't love i don't know what is

Old 02-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #273
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugekent View Post
They had a relationship. Past tense.
When it's over it's over. And it's easy to guess their relationship didn't end nicely.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:17 AM   #274
hugekent
Side-Kick

Haha fair enough then. I don't have a problem with them adding new things to the continuity but watching the originals that relationship 100% didn't happen.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #275
Great Mind(s)
Broken

But if you watch X-Men 1 during the scene where Mystique poisons Cerebro, it has almost a feel like this isn't the first time she's been here and this might be more than just business.

Closed Thread