The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 03-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #26
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Default Re: Luther coming to BBC America

Anyone watch the second season? Another excellent run.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The episode where that guy goes on a rampage in the office building with a hammer and a squirt gun filled with acid was utterly horrific

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:29 AM   #27
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Movie Move For Luther As Series 3 To Be The Last For TV
22/03/2012
by Debs Hunt

Luther creator and writer Neil Cross has said that the third series will be the last for TV of the psychological drama. However its not all bad news, as he intends to make a Luther movie instead!

Cross told Radio 4′s Front Row programme that: “We’ll wrap up Luther as a TV show, but I think we’ll then probably make the leap to the big screen with John Luther.”

Describing the ending he said: “The final scene of the final episode is great and we wouldn’t want to continue. I love an ending. I have a weakness for a powerful and moving ending. We’ll go out big and leave it at that.”

News of a big screen outing has been hinted at since 2011 for Luther which recently picked up best drama series at the Royal Television Society awards.

In December Neil Cross voiced his intention to finish making Luther as a TV series when he said: “Idris (Elba) is a busy man.”

Going on to add: “There’s a strong possibility there will be a ‘Luther’ movie in the near future.”

Idris Elba also discussed his interest in a Luther movie when he told Newsbeat in June 2011: “Ultimately I’d like to see Luther on the silver screen. I think it’s got the scope to do something like that.

“The audience really wanted to see more episodes but I don’t think that’s the way to go personally.”

He said: “We feel if we take it, we make bigger storylines, bigger nemeses, badder characters and then stretch the storylines out a little bit it gives us a bit more scope with the episodes.

A prequel story has also been written by Neil Cross, in a novel based on the detective John Luther’s exploits, named The Calling and is now available in paperback.

Luther will return for its third series later this year for four 60-minute episodes.
Movie Move For Luther As Series 3 To Be The Last For TV

"Luther" Creator Says Season 3 Will Be The Last Before Big Screen Leap + If Luther Was Written As A Black Man | Shadow and Act

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #28
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

I don't see Luther turning into a movie quite yet. Still, I'm excited at the idea of a Luther movie, assuming all that's necessary to make that happen comes together. As much as I look forward to Luther returning, I'm disappointed that Alice will be featured less in the third series. Luther's bizarre relationship with Alice is perhaps one of the best things about the show. So I hope the movie, if it's made, has more Alice in it.

Last edited by Sgt.Pepper; 05-25-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Sgt.Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #29
Crockett
With Teeth

I don't know if a movie will work, just because I don't if it's popular enough to warrant it or if Elba will be too busy to return, I hope not though. I wish Cross followed Moffat & Gatiss Sherlock's pattern and make this series perhaps the last we'll see of Luther but make each episodes one hour and a half long. I like the second series but yeah, it lack Alice to elevate it on the first series level so hopefully she'll appear at least more in the upcoming series.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #30
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I liked this show quite a lot so I'd be interested in a movie.

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #31
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Season 3 Of "Luther" Will Intro His Moriarty, As Luther Reaches Retirement; But Don't Expect Until 2013; Also Less Alice
by Tambay | May 22, 2012 5:52 PM

A good interview with Idris Elba speaking primarily about the past and future of his hit BBC crime series Luther... and more.

Posted today, Daniel Montgomery of GoldDerby.com held a video chat with Elba in Atlanta, where he's currently shooting the thriller No Good Deed with Taraji P. Henson.

In the 15-minute interview, Elba reveals a few things that I think you'll appreciate knowing.

We already know very well that his long-term goal for the series is to take Luther to the theater, the big screen, where he believes the ultimate Luther story will unfold. He reiterates that in the below interview; no big surprise there.

So a Luther feature film is in his future, assuming all that's necessary to make that happen, comes together.

Elba adds that the upcoming season 3 of the series, the end of it specifically (which will likely be the last of the series on TV), will essentially serve as a lead-in to the feature film; so I anticipate some kind of major season 3 cliffhanger finale, which will entice audiences to see what's on the other side of that cliffhanger when the film is eventually produced and released.

And as for what we can expect in season 3, Elba says, first, the the scripts for the new season are close to being completely done, and they're currently searching for directors; second, expect 2 or 3 new characters to be introduced, although he won't say more, other than one of the new characters, a baddie most likely, will be a real huge challenge for Luther (he kind of dismisses the previous Luther baddies as blips, suggesting that this new baddie, to be introduced in season 3, will be his most formidable to date; we can only wonder what this character's make-up will be - Luther's Professor Moriarty, likely just as mental, except he/she will use his/her *powers* for evil); third, don't expect the Alice storyline to return in any sort of significant way (he says she'll still be in the Luther universe, but suggests she won't be of much influence on anything or anyone; he reiterated that they're trying to set things up for the "bigger picture" and there's a possibility that Alice's story strands come back if/when the feature film is made; but don't expect to see much of her in season 3); fourth, while he couldn't give a date as to when season 3 will debut, he said that they aim to produce all the episodes this year, so that the series is back on TV as soon as possible (based on Idris' schedule for the rest of 2012, I won't expect season 3 of Luther until some time in 2013; he's shooting No Good Deed in Atlanta right now; and once that's done, he heads to South Africa for the summer to shoot his dream project - the Nelson Mandela biopic with Naomie Harris; and after that, according to Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige, Thor 2 starts shooting in London in August, which Idris will return for, as Heimdall; it's not known how significant his role in the sequel will be, and how long he'll be needed on set, but I'll say that, based on all this info, I'd be surprised if he shoots Luther season 3 this year; if it happens, it'll have to be in fall, around October through December, and into the winter; although I'd assume he'd like to take a break after 5 back-to-back shoots. All that to say, Luther season 3 will definitely be a longer wait).

An interesting item he adds is that, going into season 3, Luther will be closer to retirement than he’s ever been - a storyline that could bleed into the feature film's narrative; I can see it; Luther's last case - a case for the ages - before he hangs up the hat; or maybe it's the challenge of the case, and the baddie in season 3 that push him over the edge, and essentially force him into retirement.

We'll see... what we can be sure of, as he notes, are "more really bad characters, more dark TV."

Watch the full 15-minute interview below, which includes discussion on international awareness of him as an actor, affecting the opportunities available to him, and more:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...4-123138165f92

Old 06-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #32
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

*sigh* less Alice, guess that means no Alice, maybe a namedrop or two

She was the most fascinating character next to John himself

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #33
dsfjr1190
Side-Kick

It doesn't feel like the same show without Alice. I doubt I'll enjoy any future installments Luther as much as I did series 1.

dsfjr1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #34
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

While I want more Alice, everything else sounds pretty damn awesome.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #35
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I have yet to finish off the second series. Really enjoyed the first one but never got around to coming back to the second one.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #36
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

So are any of you Luther fans watching the BBC'c other detective shows The Shadow Line and Line Of Duty.

Its funny that all three shows star a good black british detective who others view as corrupt. Its unintentional obviously.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #37
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Stll need to finish watching Shadow Line. I have the first 3 eps of Line of Duty but haven't started it yet.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #38
The Englishman
Marching On Together

The Shadow Line was a brilliant show that everyone needs to see but unfortunately I forgot all about Line of Duty...

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #39
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

The Shadow Line was great.

Rafe Spall pulled off a pretty good crazy gangster and Stephen Rea as Gatehouse was one of the scariest televison villains I've seen in years.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #40
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
'Luther' Spin-Off Starring Ruth Wilson As Alice Morgan In The Works
PA | Posted: 09/08/2012 14:55 Updated: 09/08/2012 14:55

Luther creator Neil Cross has revealed he is hoping to create a spin-off show featuring femme fatale Alice Morgan.

Ruth Wilson starred opposite Idris Elba in the first series of the award-winning police drama, as his unlikely love interest - a seductive serial killer. And though her character had to be written out of the show, Neil told Variety he hopes to give Alice a series of her own.

He said: "The BBC is very interested in the project. The only real question would be how many and how often we would do it - whether it would be a one-off miniseries or a returning miniseries, a co-production or not."

Neil added: "The truth is I absolutely adore Alice. I don't like to imagine my life without Alice in some way or other. Even if I didn't sell this thing, I would still end up writing the miniseries. It's something peculiar, but she's far more clever than me, far more witty than me, far more everything than me."

The writer is already planning a third series of Luther, and a spin-off film to follow.

Ruth's career is taking off, with roles in upcoming films Anna Karenina and The Lone Ranger, and Neil is keen for Idris to make an appearance in the spin-off show too.

He explained: "We're kind of thinking very loosely of a mix between The Talented Mr Ripley and The Last Seduction.

"I think the first one would probably be a Luther-free zone, because their stories have diverged to a large extent, but there would be nothing to suggest they couldn't come together again - either by this vehicle or a Luther movie."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1759840.html

Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #41
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Love this show. Love Ruth Wilson!

Old 09-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #42
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I love this trailer

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #43
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Awesome. Thanks for the info, man. Can't wait!

"There has been an awakening. Have you felt it? The dark side. And the light."
CrypticOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #44
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

I don't know about a movie, it might not be enough to satisfy me. The opening theme has already been written though; it's the same one they used for the show!

As long as it has Alice!! The most kickass sidekick since... well I'll let you fill in your own blank there

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #45
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

He's Baaack! Idris Elba Teases 'Luther' Season 3 With New Video + A Look At What To Expect
http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...with-new-video

Old 11-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #46
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

President knows whats up

Old 11-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #47
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

And the Luther 3 shoot begins...

Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #48
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Happy we are getting a third season. How many episodes will it be?

Alice already wasn't in much of the second season anyway. I don't mind her absence. I was never really cool about that relationship because she did kill her parents. I mean maybe her parents were bad but she was still a sociopath.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rose Teller brought back.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #49
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Awesome.

I really like Luther and Alice relationship. They have a Hannibal Lector and Agent Clarice Starling thing kind of going on.

Did anyone watch Good Cop?

It reminds me of Luther and not just because it share cast members and a similar warped moral code. Luther and Good Cop could almost be set in the same fictional universe.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #50
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Yes! Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
How many episodes will it be?
The third series will consist of just four episodes.

Sgt.Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote