The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 08-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #76
Sebastos
Bebop User

Default Re: Sly Cooper 4 anyone?

Yeah the second game is definitely my favorite out of the three. The characters, the levels and the overall story was just great stuff.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Sebastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #77
Havok83
Side-Kick

I remember not liking the second as much bc of the free roam. I preferred it more linear. I also didnt like using all the extra characters especially Bentley. Man was his missions a chore.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #78
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

I personally think the second one is the best of the series. Had a great, mature story with some lighthearted moments, had some interesting characters that shook up the storytelling a bit, introduced the free roam aspect of the series, started the "heist" manner of missions, and had a nice balance between Sly, Bentley, and Murray as playable characters.

Really, it's only fatal flaw was the lack of replayable missions and bonus challenges, something that Sly 3 fixed.

Oh, and a new trophy room mechanic to be introduced in the game:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/sl...-the-gang.aspx

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #79
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

this is just such an awesome franchise with a mythology all it own. I'm so glad it's coming back.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #80
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

New PAX video:

http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax20...509&pid=632900

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #81
Patzo3000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
As a huge Sly Cooper fan who has played all the games fully at least three times each... Omigoshomigoshomigosh! This looks awesome! The animations, the music from what little we can hear of it, the costumes, the enemies, the animations, the binocucom, the conversations at the beginning of a mission with the binocucom.

I love it so much. It has that Sly Cooper feel with a little Sanzaru twist. they're staying true to the series but aren't just copy and pasting and actually are adding to it. I am absolutely in love with what I'm seeing. It's so easy to see that they really care about the franchise. Words can not describe the tears of joy I have right now.

Patzo3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #82
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
Mind = blown. That was an incredible amount of footage we were shown, stunning stuff! Love the new additions to Sly's movement, looks so fluent and will no doubt be loads of fun free roaming the levels. Not mention the level itself looks ridiculously awesome, can't wait for more info.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #83
Patzo3000
Side-Kick

Anyone else read the Binocucom dialogue? It definitely keeps the spirit of the old games.

Bentley: Sly, this place is locked down tighter than... well, tighter than something, that's for sure.

Sly: Your database security? Murray's pants?

Bentley: Whatever Sly, this is no laughing matter. I've checked and there really is no way in except for that front entrance. I think there's only one option.

Sly: The doorbell?

Bentley: Very funny. No! You're going to need a disguise. Get yourself a suit of armor from those guards. That's our way in.

Sly: Roger that. Just call me "Samurai Sly."

Also, I must say the animation is fantastic. It especially shows during the binocucom part. Sanzaru is doing the series justice so far.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #84
Sebastos
Bebop User

I'm loving the time travel aspect of the game, so we now know Sly and the gang are in Feudal Japan, home of Rioichi Cooper. Will be interesting to see which other time periods they travel too and I wonder if Sly will run into a Cooper of the past during his adventures?

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #85
Sebastos
Bebop User

Bentley's Desk:

One thing that stands out is the lamp on the table. Cooper Clan member Salim al Kupar of Arabia was known to have carried an ancient lamp as part of his equipment, could this mean Arabia is a possible level?

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #86
socool
"You Are Not Alone"

Man that PAX demo was just awesome for a Sly fan like me. Everything just looked great. Even Sly's redesign, which I didn't like at first, is looking fantastic.

C'mon 2012.

socool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #87
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
I'm loving the time travel aspect of the game, so we now know Sly and the gang are in Feudal Japan, home of Rioichi Cooper. Will be interesting to see which other time periods they travel too and I wonder if Sly will run into a Cooper of the past during his adventures?
In the PAX video I linked, if you pause it when the game goes in debug mode right before activating the costume mission, you see:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Breakout!

*"Collect the armor pieces"
"Enter the prison"
"Meet Rioichi"
"Use the Samurai Armor as a discuise"
"Use the Samurai Armor to block fire"
"Navigate through the prison traps"
"Steal the key"
"Open the gate"
"Cross the bridge"
"Armor tutorial 1"
"Free Rioichi"

Old 08-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #88
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

are they going to have the expanded cooper gang in this game? because i loved that aspect of the third game, introduction new characters with specific skills for the job, had a great oceans 11 vibe to it.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.

Last edited by DarkSovereignty; 08-27-2011 at 06:38 PM.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #89
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
In the PAX video I linked, if you pause it when the game goes in debug mode right before activating the costume mission, you see:

Breakout!

*"Collect the armor pieces"
"Enter the prison"
"Meet Rioichi"
"Use the Samurai Armor as a discuise"
"Use the Samurai Armor to block fire"
"Navigate through the prison traps"
"Steal the key"
"Open the gate"
"Cross the bridge"
"Armor tutorial 1"
"Free Rioichi"
Must have missed it (watched the video on the IPod lol) but either way this is awesome news. I love the idea of running into the Cooper's of the past and helping them out. Something tells me Sly's going to end up time traveling to a point where he runs into his father. Thus Connor Cooper is revealed!

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #90
Patzo3000
Side-Kick

Would they really have Connor? Throughout the series they always hid his face. It would be interesting if they actually showed his face. His face probably looks about identical to Sly's if Dr M's comments are anything to go by. The thought of finally seeing Connor and possibly learning more about him is actually really exciting. I could see that being the last ancestor they meet.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #91
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

I need to restart Sly 2. I went into it hunting for trophies. In the first game doing that still resulted in a fun experience but trying to rush Sly 2 makes it a slog. I want to go back and be all proper stealthy n' ****.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #92
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Another bit I noticed:

Did anyone take a good look and read the bio of the Dragon's Claw trophy?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #93
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
are they going to have the expanded cooper gang in this game? because i loved that aspect of the third game, introduction new characters with specific skills for the job, had a great oceans 11 vibe to it.
So far we know Dimitri will be back, not sure about Penelope, Panda King and Guru.

Quote:
Another bit I noticed:

Did anyone take a good look and read the bio of the Dragon's Claw trophy?
Hmm...interesting...

Are we to believe Clockwerk is being rebuilt?

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #94
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
So far we know Dimitri will be back, not sure about Penelope, Panda King and Guru.
They did mention that Penelope's relationship would not be forgotten, so maybe she's back. Hope they get a different VA for her, though, if she is.

Quote:
Hmm...interesting...

Are we to believe Clockwerk is being rebuilt?
Since he disintegrated completely at the end of Sly 2, I doubt he will be revived.

However, that doesn't mean we won't see his origins or anything....

Old 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #95
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Rioichi and other ancestors to become playable characters:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ieves-in-time/

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/sl...s-in-time.aspx

Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 11-15-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #96
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
As you proceed through the game each episode you encounter features a new time period with a new playable ancestor.
YES, awesome news! Rioichi looks so cool, great find GSR!

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 03-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #97
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

I just watched Gamespot do a live demo of some new footage of Sly 4. I'm sure more footage and images will be released, but here's the run down:

*The new level revealed is Medieval England. The ancestor that Sly will meet is Sir Galleth of the Order of Knights of Cooper. Sly dons an archer costume that allows him to aim his arrows in first person, and then shoot them, allowing the player to manually direct the arrow to a target. These were used in a circus deathtrap level, where Sly activated the targets to go through the deathtrap-infested obstacle course.

*The villain was not revealed, but hinted to be an insane circus owner. He/she captured Sir Galleth and dressed him up in a harlequin costume, locked up in the deathcourse circus. Sly meets up and rescues him at the end of the mission.

*Some Rioichi gameplay was also shown. Steve Blum is voicing him. Rioichi is shown to jump to VERY high heights, and can navigate security systems easily. Also, pickpocketing guards for extra treasure will return as a feature.

*A loose release date of Fall 2012 was confirmed.

EDIT: Footage:

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the...e_spot20120301

Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 03-01-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #98
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

PSM is featuring the game, and it has new pictures of the cast of characters:

Old 04-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #99
Sebastos
Bebop User

As usual, great updates GSR, the game is looking slytastic. So stoked for this.

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #100
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm loving the designs to those characters. I'm really curious to see where they are going to pick up the story after the ending of Sly 3.