The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #51
TNC9852002
Banned User

Default Re: Benjamin Walker is cast as Hank McCoy!

Definitely...especially if Iceman isn't involved.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #52
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

just watched this guys stand up routine, and all i have to say is... Ben Walker is f***ing awesome lol, can't wait to see him as beast.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #53
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

just happen turn on Regis... and he talked alittle about how he saw Ben in that, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, and was saying how good he thought he was (that he thinks he'll be the next big thing)... he even mentioned about how he's going to be in the x-men....
edit: its in Thrudays, 24 episode...
http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/regisandkelly/host_chat.html
(during the opening host chat... between 3:40-4:20)

just thought it was neat

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 06-25-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #54
TNC9852002
Banned User

Wow

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #55
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Love the casting of an unknown he looks pretty much the part totally! Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #56
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

hmm i wonder if they are going to hint at a Storm & Beast relationship, if she is in the movie or in sequels...i loved their interaction in X3....and in the ultimate universe they dated, so hmm...

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #57
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

idk, it seems like(or atleast I hope) he's shown to be alil older then the rest... so, if he's like in his mid 20s in it, and she's being introduce as a teen, it might be alil wierd...

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 06-25-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #58
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

very cool!

Old 07-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #59
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Mysterious forces are at play behind the scenes of the £80million X-Men: First Class movie with one of the main actors being cast, contracted - and then dropped.

Benjamin Walker, a gifted American stage actor, thought he'd achieved his big break into movies when he was chosen to play comic book character Beast opposite James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender in the prequel to all the X-Men films, when the characters are in their late teens and early 20s.

'Fox absolutely loved him, booked him and the next minute they're saying they don't want him. It was bizarre because they'd signed a deal on him,' a source intimately involved in the situation told me from Los Angeles yesterday.

The Fox studio screened-tested three other potential Beast actors at Pinewood yesterday, but I'm told they didn't seem right for the role.

Strangest thing of all is that late last night, I started hearing that Fox might end up re-offering Walker his Beast role back!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-ex-X-Man.html

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #60
TNC9852002
Banned User

WTF?

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 07-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #61
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Hopefully they re-offer him the role, because I'm convinced that he'll do great as Hank.

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #62
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Hopefully they re-offer him the role, because I'm convinced that he'll do great as Hank.

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #63
akfj
Side-Kick

The article does say they've re-offered him the role, but it doesn't say whether he's accepted.

akfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #64
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Wow... this is worse than Marvel studios negotiations. Glad to hear it is Fox though.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #65
narrows101
Side-Kick

http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/07/02...en-final-stand

Quote:
Ben Walker Chooses Broadway Over X Men: Final Stand
By: Roger Friedman in Celebrity, Movies
July 2nd, 2010 at 11:52 PM EDT

With the uncertainty surrounding 20th Century Fox’s casting choices for “X Men First Class,” Benjamin Walker has ankled the project.

Walker is negotiating a deal instead to reprise his starring role on Broadway in “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson.” The emo-pop musical was a smash hit off Broadway with Walker last season.

The whole “X Men”-”Andrew Jackson” seesaw has been going on for some time. Walker had a signed deal to play Beast in “First Class.” But lately, with the success of “Twilight,” studio execs at Fox have been obsessed with making the “X Men” X boys.

Suddenly, Fox is nervous because they’ve had some failures at the box office. “Knight and Day,” “The A Team,” and “Marmaduke” almost reverses their success with “Avatar.” Getting “X Men: First Class” right is suddenly more important than ever, I am told.

So far, still, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender remain with the film. They’re the “senior” cast, which is just hilarious. Look for a lot of different Taylor Lautners to assume the other roles. Fox, I’m told, even checked Lautner’s availability.

For Walker and the producers of “Andrew Jackson” this is all good news. Walker will undoubtedly get a Tony nomination next spring, and “Andrew Jackson” has the potential to become a “American Idiot” type hit.

narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #66
TNC9852002
Banned User

Again,....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

What a shame about Walker...

Ok, I think they're trying to do what I've been saying by getting some more recognizable faces to show up in these movies and sell tickets. They need to be careful not too pass up on great actors in the attempt to do so. I'd rather take a great X-Men that underperformed than another mediocre one that was a hit.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 07-03-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #67
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Fox, I’m told, even checked Lautner’s availability.
Oh, Fox.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #68
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
Ugh... Sometimes, I think the individuals at Fox should come up with a plan and then do the exact opposite of whatever it is they're thinking. This worries me a bit.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #69
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

So fox is trying to make first class into Twilight? I knew I shouldn't have had a glimmer of hope for this film.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #70
Superhero 101
DESI

Who said "Fox is trying to improve?"

Old 07-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #71
topdog1
Hero For Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap5ewl View Post
So fox is trying to make first class into Twilight? I knew I shouldn't have had a glimmer of hope for this film.
Having enjoyed most or even parts of all four X-Men films, I've always semi-defended and even praised Fox in the past. I know, a true fanboy rarity... but even I can't defend this news. I thought Tom Rothman was promoted and his hands are off projects now??? Twilight?!?!? If Fox loses guys like me, they've truly lost period.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #72
Electrix
Side-Kick

People really take what some showbiz journalist says seriously don't they? The guy said Fox are hoping to make the X-Men 'x-boys' which we've known for ages because its a prequel and all the X-Men will be teenagers. He continues to say McAvoy and Fassbender are the 'seniors' which we've known all along as well.

He just added some Twilight spin to jazz it up a bit because of the young teen X-Men thing, and he got a reaction.

'OMGZ not Twlightz FoX Scks!!!'

Last edited by Electrix; 07-03-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #73
JP
Smelly

This is the problem I have with rumors. Instead of waiting to find out who is cast in a certain role, some site has to get "the scoop" and post something ahead of its time.

How do we know Ben Walker was ever even Beast in the first place? Because some site told us?

I'm tired of rumors. They're annoying, because then people just get worked up over nonsense, like now. I'll wait for official announcements. Until then I'm keeping my distance.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #74
Electrix
Side-Kick

For everyone's information Roger Friedman, the guy who wrote the article above, was fired by Fox last year for reviewing the leaked copy of Wolverine.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #75
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Lautner as Beast FTW. Add the Twilight CGI and it is gold...

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote