The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 02-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #176
Creator
Banned User

Default Re: Just Imagine Joss Whedon's Spider-Man

No to Joss Whedon directing Spider-Man, very much like Raimi, I'm not keen of his style of filmmaking. Perhaps the director who made the latest Bond movie, but not Whedon.

BTW, what hell is Joss Whedon and The Avengers threads doing in the Spider-Man forum?

Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #177
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Because it's a fun What if?
I suppose we could also wonder about Quentin Tarantino and Clive Barker if you prefer...

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 AM   #178
Creator
Banned User

It just seems crazy, I come into a Spider-Man forum, and I see Joss Whedon and The Avengers's thread and no Mod removing it. Does that mean we can make multiple threads using 20 or 30 different directors who we'd like to see directing Spider-Man?

I mean, I can understand doing this if no director was attached yet, but this seems overly fanboyish, don't you think?

Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #179
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I'm not going to bother trying to convince you that TASM is good. You've clearly established you don't like it. But to imply that TASM is somehow a knock off of Batman Begins is nothing short of a stretch. The only similarities I can think of are that both films are reboots of franchises, which centre around Comic Book protagonists, and tell the origins of each respective hero. Beyond that and the standard 'heroes journey' themes that you'll find in many CB movies, they really have very little in common.
I've only seen it once, but the things I noticed at the cinema were the beginning with the child running around searching for something, with similar music... And of course the ending, with the villain/heroes former mentor trying to release a gas that would somehow negatively affect the city's population from the resident rich guy tower in the middle of the said city. So there's two more, at least.

Last edited by titansupes; 02-28-2013 at 09:22 PM.
titansupes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #180
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
It just seems crazy, I come into a Spider-Man forum, and I see Joss Whedon and The Avengers's thread and no Mod removing it. Does that mean we can make multiple threads using 20 or 30 different directors who we'd like to see directing Spider-Man?

I mean, I can understand doing this if no director was attached yet, but this seems overly fanboyish, don't you think?
No one's going to remove this because it says, on the title,

Quote:
Just Imagine Joss Whedon's Spider-Man
There's no issue with this thread, or at least there shouldn't be. It's still about Spider-Man and while it could go to an area talking about other Spidey films, it's more appropriate now when there are some that didn't even like Webb's interpretation.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #181
Creator
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
No one's going to remove this because it says, on the title,

There's no issue with this thread, or at least there shouldn't be. It's still about Spider-Man and while it could go to an area talking about other Spidey films, it's more appropriate now when there are some that didn't even like Webb's interpretation.
Of course no one's going to remove the thread, it's the Spider-Man boards, where you can make any damn thread you want. Just imagine if I made 30 threads with various directors starting with...

Just Imagine [INSERT DIRECTOR NAME]'s Spider-Man

You see my point, now the Mods can't remove any of my 30 threads, unless they first admit that leaving the "Joss Whedon" thread up has nothing to do with Marc Webb's Spider-Man.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #182
Anno_Domini
Banned User

You can try, but the fact that you're doing it in spite would certainly get your threads closed, lol.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #183
Creator
Banned User

Well, at least it's good you see my point.

I wouldn't do it on spite, simply because it doesn't make any sense to me, just like the Joss Whedon, The Avengers and the Marvel Universe threads. All a bunch of "What Ifs" that clutter the boards and has nothing to do with Marc Webb's Spider-Man films.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #184
kedrell
I see what you did there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
If I would have to give a chance to a Marvel director,I would give it to Jon Favereau

I agree. I mentioned this a year and a half ago on page 1

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9&postcount=37

When I first saw IM1 I was stunned at how well the humor was integrated into the film. I left the theater thinking this is how a Spider-man movie should be.

2015 will not only see the MCU beat the HP franchise for the #1 WW spot but it will also see Marvel Studios pass Pixar in terms of WW grosses($8.585 billion). Marvel Studios/MCU avg. annual profit: $621m(there ain't none higher. HP was the closest runner up with $541m when it was active).
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #185
Creator
Banned User

That wasn't humor being integrated into the film, that was Robert Downey Jr. being Robert Downey Jr. You can see this humor in interviews, on the red carpet or him at home. No acting or performance required.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #186
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

HA!! The people who were saying Joss sucked on the first page, I bet they are eating up every bit of the Avengers!! I had been meaning to read this thread a while ago and I know Messiah LOVES The Avengers now and even rates it his top Marvel movie and yet he said 'it completely sucks that Joss is doing The Avengers.' Poor judgement!!

I will admit, when I first heard it I wondered how well Joss would make the full blown transition to a comic book adaptation. But I never doubted him once. A good writer/ producer/ director who knows the genre, is a good writer/ producer/ director. It doesnt matter if he's doing an adaptation or his own stuff.

I bet that Brian guy is ranking The Avengers as the best too and kneeling at the temple of Joss Whedon.

WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #187
Thought Crime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I bet that Brian guy is ranking The Avengers as the best too and kneeling at the temple of Joss Whedon.
Is that what all the nerds are doing, kneeling at his temple? Is he God for them?

Thought Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #188
Anno_Domini
Banned User

The Avengers was a good film, but not the holy grail of CBMs, lol.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #189
Oscorp
Side-Kick

If Avengers 2 ends up being as good, I'd definitely say Joss Whedon is the #1 CBM director.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #190
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It'll still be a tough one to say he'd be the #1 CBM director. Spider-Man 2(Sam Raimi), X2(Bryan Singer), The Dark Knight(Christopher Nolan....I won't bring up TDKR because I know how polarizing the film is, lol)...there's still competition there.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #191
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
The Avengers was a good film, but not the holy grail of CBMs, lol.
It is to a considerable number of people. The genre is now wide enough to support more than one film as the holy grail. Just like in other genre's of film.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #192
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
It is to a considerable number of people. The genre is now wide enough to support more than one film as the holy grail. Just like in other genre's of film.
Then this even supports my statement of The Avengers not being the holy grail of CBMs if you say the genre is wide enough for there to be more than one favorable film of the genre.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #193
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thought Crime View Post
Is that what all the nerds are doing, kneeling at his temple? Is he God for them?
He isn't to me but he might be to Brian now, who doubted him so much. I happened to just always know he was a good director. I donít like him any more or less than before The Avengers. However I think itís just an example of someone not checking someoneís credentials and fanbase before they bad-mouth them.

WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote