Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #76
\S/uperman
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Henry Cavill Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN O STEEL View Post
Have you guys considered that it's kinda weird that Cavill gets his own thread just a month or so shy of a rumour that their searching a known TV star?. Hmmm...

Steve
I don't think of him as a tv star. Tudors enough to qualify for that

However if Cavill was cast I'd be happy overall. He is in my *Barkley voice* FAV 5

Last edited by \S/uperman; 07-15-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #77
\S/uperman
Banned User

I'm not saying this as a Cavill for Kal-el fanboy, but looking around at the other choices and considering his look/age/acting ability he seems to be the best option. Showtime, have you heard anything about Cavill testing/or meeting with Nolan?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #78
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I made a Henry Cavill Thread for a number of reasons. One being I received some PMs and people on the board asked for one. I knew that it would get little to no traffic, which I was right about. Proves that he isn't as popular among the fandom. I knew I would have people crying about it either way, because that is the nature of human beings.

Just like people complain and bark about there being a Routh thread, and people whine about there being no Welling thread over here. I'm not to worried about any of this because when the real news starts to hit, all these sections are going to look a lot different.

I find it hilarious that there are some posters all bent out of shape about what threads are in which forum. Since we decided to split the threads up like this, I don't believe there has been one banning or infraction related to casting. Must not be working I guess...

Nobody has heard anything about Henry Cavill thus far, no webmasters...nobody.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #79
zman
Side-Kick

no, listen, you're missing the point. I don't care if Cavill is casted, but like I stated earlier in this thread, most of times when a thread is made to talk strictly about one actor, who ever it is, it won't have a lot of traffic.

Let me reiterate: what people are looking for here is an opportunity to discuss but also to try and convince one another, and even enjoy not agreyng with one another. We're here to see who shares our opinion, and get an ego boost when we realize we're not alone, or when we've convinced someone. Its an opportunity to share our agreements, BUT ALSO, AND POSSIBLY MAINLY, OUR DISSAGREEMENTS.

When a thread is made for strictly one actor, it may work a while, but what are we going to say? the people that don't care about the actor won't come in this thread, and the ones that do...are just going to tap themselves on the back, reafirming how much they agree with one another? Of course not.

But to be honest, I'm sure you know all this.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #80
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
When a thread is made for strictly one actor, it may work a while, but what are we going to say? the people that don't care about the actor won't come in this thread, and the ones that do...are just going to tap themselves on the back, reafirming how much they agree with one another? Of course not.
That's why it's so damned amusing.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #81
GreenKToo
In the fire

God, I hope news is not too far off. this is getting crazy lol.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #82
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
no, listen, you're missing the point. I don't care if Cavill is casted, but like I stated earlier in this thread, most of times when a thread is made to talk strictly about one actor, who ever it is, it won't have a lot of traffic.

Let me reiterate: what people are looking for here is an opportunity to discuss but also to try and convince one another, and even enjoy not agreyng with one another. We're here to see who shares our opinion, and get an ego boost when we realize we're not alone, or when we've convinced someone. Its an opportunity to share our agreements, BUT ALSO, AND POSSIBLY MAINLY, OUR DISSAGREEMENTS.

But to be honest, I'm sure you know all this.
I disagree 100%. The Brandon Routh thread just talking about Routh has so many hits and views I can't count it. If I opened a Tom Welling thread in here, there would be a flood of posters that might crash the section.

We try to keep it separate, Smallville and Superman, because of past arguments between the two. It is what it is.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #83
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

i know its a little off topic, but along the lines of Cavil ever being cast, did Chris Nolan approach Bale for Bats, or did he just do a screen test?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #84
batman44
Go Speed GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I disagree 100%. The Brandon Routh thread just talking about Routh has so many hits and views I can't count it. If I opened a Tom Welling thread in here, there would be a flood of posters that might crash the section.

We try to keep it separate, Smallville and Superman, because of past arguments between the two. It is what it is.
I kinda see both sides of the argument. I think the difference is that both Welling and Routh have already been cast as Clark Kent/Superman before. Do think a Welling and Routh thread would be the same had they been in the same boat as Cavill, never having played the part?

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #85
zman
Side-Kick

listen I'm humble enough to say Showtime has a point. But so does batman44. I can deal with how the threads are structured right now, but I guess I would divide them in two: a thread about actors who have played the part before, and a trhead about those who haven't. Just my two cents.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #86
\S/uperman
Banned User

Doh Re: The Official Henry Cavill Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
I kinda see both sides of the argument. I think the difference is that both Welling and Routh have already been cast as Clark Kent/Superman before. Do think a Welling and Routh thread would be the same had they been in the same boat as Cavill, never having played the part?
Welling has never been cast as Superman. His Clark is for a tv show that averaged 2.38 million viewers in the latest season. There is a forum for that show, which is where Welling should stay unless he was cast in an actual big screen movie as Superman. Cavill was actually cast as Superman, though the film was never made during McG run.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #87
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
listen I'm humble enough to say Showtime has a point. But so does batman44. I can deal with how the threads are structured right now, but I guess I would divide them in two: a thread about actors who have played the part before, and a trhead about those who haven't. Just my two cents.
This is all just temporary as I've said several times before in various threads. Things will be shifted around.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #88
batman44
Go Speed GO

We should have "the guys who almost played Superman thread" in the Misc Superman section. j/k lol

To put this back on the subject of Cavill, anybody heard anything else from his next film Immortal.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #89
That-Guy
Banned User

Nothing recently. Hopefully we'll get a teaser trailer or more images soon, though.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #90
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

it was a good idea too make this thread, sure there isnt alot of traffic on this section. but who knows. To me i still say cavill if he wants to still should have a fair shot at least getting to audition. Though will he ultimately get the role probably not. I still think we will probably end up with someone who is like ryan reynolds, or if we go a bit unknown someone like hemsworth is for thor.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 07-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #91
Astrodust
Side-Kick

I'm really looking forward to Immortals as well. Mainly because I want to see what Singh has to offer. He mentioned he wanted to do less slow-mo and more action like Oldboy which has me intrigued. Plus a high profile film like this might put Cavill in the spotlight. Only thing is they will have(should have) cast the main role for Superman by the time Immortals comes out. I'm sure he is on WB's radar.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #92
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

If they had any intelligence he would be, but as we all know, WB is run by idiots.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #93
shieldshero
observationalist

Cavill would be a strong choice imo, he can act, has a strong look,
his American accent isn't too bad, could be better. . .

Old 07-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #94
\S/uperman
Banned User

I can't make out his face in that manip too much.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #95
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

I take no credit for the original Superman image,
I simply photochopped Cavill's head to match.

Last edited by Puckenstein; 07-26-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #96
\S/uperman
Banned User

NICE JOB

Old 07-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #97
SatEL
Banned User

I would prefer an American actor to be honest but hey thats just me.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #98
batman44
Go Speed GO

That was....random.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #99
SatEL
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
That was....random.
You talking to me?

Old 07-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #100
batman44
Go Speed GO

Not exactly talking to you, just a statement about your statement.

Closed Thread