The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #101
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Default Re: The Official Henry Cavill Thread

not mine, but a pretty damn good manip, imo.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #102
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatEL View Post
I would prefer an American actor to be honest but hey thats just me.
Anyone here seen the movie Kick-Ass? Great film. Anyways you would never guess that Aaron Johnson is English and speaks with an english accent when he is not acting.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #103
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

christian bale is from wales, and he sounds american as batman. many actors can do accents. they just need to cast the right actor. it shouldn't matter if he's not american.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #104
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

*knock on wood* i honestly think Cavill stands the best chance right now. perfect age, great look, enough REAL acting experience, nice height (1 inch taller than Bale), and now he has a great physique because of the Immortals. i was never really a fan of Cavill, but if he doesn't get the role i'll actually be pretty disappointed.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #105
That-Guy
Banned User

Yeah... I don't know if he's even in consideration anymore, but he SHOULD be, because if Immortals is a hit, his career is going to hit the big time and then they'll wish they would have cast him.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #106
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i said it before if cavill wants to test, or is offered to test. He should be given a shot. Would he likely win the role probably not. But he could maybe make it a few rounds of casting.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 07-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #107
TheWatcher
Dapper

I don't get why people have a problem with his height,then suggest someone who is either 2 inches shorter(Bomer) or one inch taller(Walsh). They don't seem to have a problem with Hamms height(1 in shorter than Cavill).

-Christian Bale
Old 07-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #108
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAvenger4 View Post
I don't get why people have a problem with his height,then suggest someone who is either 2 inches shorter(Bomer) or one inch taller(Walsh). They don't seem to have a problem with Hamms height(1 in shorter than Cavill).

It's not because of his height, it's because of his Cavillness.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #109
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

i must admit that 6'1 isn't ideal, but it's certainly doable. i wouldn't want an actor any shorter than 6 foot tall though. you can flub height and size through camera trickery, but only so much. you can't make Tom Cruise look 6'4 no matter how many boxes you place for him to walk on. whoever plays Superman must be able to look over the majority of people in a crowd of various heights in a wide shot. if 6 foot Bale can play 6'2 Batman, then 6'1 Cavill can certainly play 6'3 Superman.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #110
TheWatcher
Dapper

That manip is awesome!

-Christian Bale
Old 07-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #111
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Thank you much. It's been a hot minute since I did a chop, but I got inspired.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #112
Ursa
Villainess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
*knock on wood* i honestly think Cavill stands the best chance right now. perfect age, great look, enough REAL acting experience, nice height (1 inch taller than Bale), and now he has a great physique because of the Immortals. i was never really a fan of Cavill, but if he doesn't get the role i'll actually be pretty disappointed.
Agreed.

He's perfect for the role, no matter his nationality, Bale is British, Reynolds is Canadian, and also many American actors have made British characters.

Plus, Superman is Kryptonian...

Old 07-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #113
batman44
Go Speed GO

MANIPS!!!!

Love your manip Puckenstein

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #114
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
Agreed.

He's perfect for the role, no matter his nationality, Bale is British, Reynolds is Canadian, and also many American actors have made British characters.

Plus, Superman is Kryptonian...
Totally. I understand how many people, potentially including those in charge, would strictly want an American actor in the role on account Superman's "patriotic" origins, but, last year, an English director cast an American actor as one of England's most beloved literary characters, Sherlock Holmes. (Granted, he was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for playing another famous Brit eighteen years prior.) If you find yourself a quality actor for a role, it shouldn't matter what nationality he is - especially when the character is alien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
MANIPS!!!!

Love your manip Puckenstein
Thanks. Is this your manip or one your found? It looks good, but if I could be so bold as to make a suggestion? His body needs to be shrunk --> <--- this way. Cavill would could never get that wide. I'm not trying to be critical, just trying to help.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #115
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

These Cavill manips are nice. I like the one with the black and red shield a lot.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #116
batman44
Go Speed GO

I've got no problem with criticism (critique is probably the better word). Your right, the body is too wide.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #117
Ursa
Villainess

I have watched The Tudors, and Cavill is sooo Superman!

I can't imagine a casting director looking at him and not seeing Superman.

He has the look, the voice, the size, the charm, the charisma, and the talent!

Old 07-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #118
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckenstein View Post

I'm not a cavill fan, per se, but I must say i'm digging this manip.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #119
batman44
Go Speed GO

From Hollywood Reporter:
Quote:
'Tudors' actor to star in kidnapping thriller (exclusive)
Henry Cavill, one of the stars of "The Tudors," will topline "The Cold Light of Day," a kidnapping thriller from Intrepid Pictures and Summit.

Mabrouk El Mechri, who directed the faux Jean-Claude Van Damme documentary "JCVD," is behind the camera, with Intrepid principals Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans producing.

The story centers on a cocky young Wall Street trader who reluctantly vacations with his family in Spain. When his family is kidnapped, he is thrust into a government conspiracy and must unravel his father's darkest secret in order to save his loved ones.

Richard Price is writing a production pass on the original script written by Scott Wiper and John Petro.

The movie is set for a Sept. 6 start in Spain.

Steven Zaillian, Kevin Mann, Matthew Perniciaro and Wiper are executive producing. Spanish producer Galavis Film will co-produce, with Galavis' Jesus Martinez also executive producing.

Summit is distributing domestically and selling international rights.

Cavill, repped by CAA and United Agents, has been gaining stature on the strength of his performance as Charles Brandon on Showtime's "Tudors." He has been near the top of several casting lists and scored the role of Theseus in "Immortals," Tarsem Singh's big-budget Greek god fantasy. "Cold Light" is Cavill's first major starring vehicle.

- Borys Kit

Old 07-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #120
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I'm not a cavill fan, per se, but I must say i'm digging this manip.
Thanks, man.

As far as the article above goes, I'm happy to see Cavill getting some meatier roles due to his work on The Tudors. (Although, I can't say I'm ecstatic about it being another kidnapping movie.) From the sounds of it, he'll get to brush up his American accent, too.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:45 AM   #121
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Nice job there with the black emblem. And nice color-palette too.

Damn, I really do hope they consider Cavill. So far, he's the only name I've seen who can do the role justice in the looks-department at least.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:55 AM   #122
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

The only thing I can really take credit for is chopping Cavill's head into the original Superman image & adjusting/adding hair. I also brightened/saturated the original colors to make them pop more. The palette (minus my minor adjustments,) and the black shield were part of the original artist's image.

On a side note, for me, it was a matter of getting the proportions right. Cavill could probably build muscle, but he won't reach the build that some people want on their Superman. I think my chop shows what he would look like as Superman fairly realistically - built, yet not insanely so. I must've spent an hour or more adjusting the size of his head so that it didn't make his body look too bulky in comparison.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #123
That-Guy
Banned User

Sorry to burst your bubble guys.

According to boguswebsitescreatedbyRouthfans.com, Cavill is not being considered for the role.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #124
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble guys.

According to boguswebsitescreatedbyRouthfans.com, Cavill is not being considered for the role.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:59 AM   #125
Slamet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckenstein View Post

Closed Thread