Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #301
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontodd View Post
I stand by my unwavering support for the helmet. Especially in the end scene. Remember that this movie takes place in 1962 not 2011, and aesthetics were different at the time. Also it was a great translation of the original Magneto helmet. However in the sequel (which is rumored to be set during the 1970s) it would be cool if it got a slightly sleeker design a little more in line with the comic costume. I'm not talking briefs over tights but maybe something close to this......

I would love something like that. I loved the helmet and cape at the end but it just seemed like he was wearing a somewhat cheap looking red blazer.

A red version of the suit Shaw was wearing at the end with that same cape and helmet would look great. Something like this:

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 06-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #302
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

The red costume and horned helmet are awesome. I've been wanting to see a more comic accurate suit since X-Men. When the grey helmet was revealed, all I could think was "I want that ****ing helmet." When Fassbender put it on, the movie just elevated to another level. Alfred Molina's Octopus just got replaced as best Marvel movie villain and it's not even close. I can not wait for Fassbender to lead the Brotherhood in the sequel.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #303
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
I want them to stick to their guns and keep the color palette bright and comic book style for a little while longer..
I agree. The colorful aesthetic is a large plus. They only built this particular suit for one scene so they can refine it for the next film.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #304
ALP
In The Mountains

This was really the first time that I could feel just how powerful the helmet was. In Singer's films, he almost never wore it and I don't even think its purpose was explained in X1. It did help him for the all of 90 seconds he wore it in X2 but outside of that one short scene when it protected Magneto, it never felt very useful. But with this film there was a constant threat and necessity for the helmet, I got to understand just how powerful it was (despite being an ugly bucket).

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
Old 06-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #305
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
I agree. The colorful aesthetic is a large plus. They only built this particular suit for one scene so they can refine it for the next film.
Those colors are ridiculous and have no advantage in combat. Nothing screams easy target like yellow. Get over your childhood years please.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #306
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I had a lot more fun with this stylish film then films with more realistic and practical suits so I really don't care about whether the colors have an advantage in combat or not. Maybe you should watch the first two films and ignore this series because Vaughn clearly goes for practicality a lot less in his costumes.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #307
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Well, it would've had to have been skin-tight otherwise

Naw, it didn't have to. It could have fit him more tightly like McKellan's suit did. It just looked a little ugly to me. I LOVED the colors, though. That red was amazing.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #308
ALP
In The Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
I had a lot more fun with this stylish film then films with more realistic and practical suits so I really don't care about whether the colors have an advantage in combat or not. Maybe you should watch the first two films and ignore this series because Vaughn clearly goes for practicality a lot less in his costumes.
Practicality? Lol

The ugly leather suits in X-Men were so constricting they had to do dozens of takes just for Halle Berry and Famke Janssen to walk over the ledge properly in the first film.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

Old 06-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #309
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

First Class proved that the yellow and blue suits can work in live action, which means so can Batman's grey and blue costume. Are you listening, future Batman costume designer?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #310
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
First Class proved that the yellow and blue suits can work in live action, which means so can Batman's grey and blue costume. Are you listening, future Batman costume designer?
I'm a huge Batman fan and I even prefer all black in live action.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #311
ALP
In The Mountains

Well I think it's a case by case basis. Somethings translate well, others don't. For example Superman on screen with trunks looks perfect, and I also think Batman wearing trunks could work well. But if a live action Magneto ever wore purple trunks I swear I would throw up in the theater on the person sitting next to me

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #312
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Quote:
Umm, I don't know about that. The suits and costumes are an extension of the setting and tone you place the story in. Batman wearing blue and gray could work, but definitely not in the current film series.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #313
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Oh yeah, I don't expect Batman to trade kevlar for cloth in The Dark Knight Rises, I'm just saying for the next series.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #314
conaniscool
Banned User

Quote:
They weren't the same as in the comics. Sorry, you lose.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #315
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

What?

Old 06-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #316
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by conaniscool View Post
They weren't the same as in the comics. Sorry, you lose.
They're not exactly the same, but the palette and the color schemes came pretty close...

Old 06-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #317
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

You fan boys are ridiculous and have no common sense. Bright and colorful costumes make u an easier target!! Its a schematic disadvantage!!

UGH!! Get over your childhood fantasies!!

Old 06-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #318
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
You fan boys are ridiculous and have no common sense. Bright and colorful costumes make u an easier target!! Its a schematic disadvantage!!

And Batman is too dark and realistic to have a sidkick, I suppose?

Old 06-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #319
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
And Batman is too dark and realistic to have a sidkick, I suppose?
Especially one with shorts shorts and no helmet on!!!

Old 06-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #320
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:

Considering the fact the movies are following the more colorful costumes it looks like you're the one who has get over yourself.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #321
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Hmph.
The fact that the prequel has the yb outfits only goes to proove that they are mistakes cause the newer xmen don't have them.

-_-

Old 06-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #322
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

You're very mad about this issue I see.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #323
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Quote:
Hmph.
The fact that the prequel has the yb outfits only goes to proove that they are mistakes cause the newer xmen don't have them.

-_-

Old 06-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #324
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

I meant new ones as in the movies.... X1-3 they are decked in black.. The comics have no bearings for common sense. That's why the writers get away with murdaa

Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #325
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Haahahahahahahahah this is one of the funniest pics I've ever seen in my life!!

Closed Thread