The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: what opening credits do you want?
Donner Space 8 42.11%
Lester montage 1 5.26%
Flying through the sky montage 3 15.79%
other 7 36.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
COMPO
Side-Kick

Default Opening Credits

Okay how would you like your opening credits?

Me I'd like it to be us seeing Superman's persepective as he flies through the skies kind of like Back to the future with montages of him saving people.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

Default Re: Opening Credits

Skip 'em. It's been way to long for some kick ass Superman action on the big screen, we don't need to waste anymore time getting to it.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well we have to have some way for some of the opening credits to go by, i would take the sky route myself compo.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Flight from Kansas to Metropolis seen through Kal's eyes. We don't see him till he lands and walks into the Planet building, the first image will be the reflection of him walking through the revolving doors.

It would be gorgeous. A fleeting glimpse of a farm as he takes off and looks down, then he speeds through the sky almost straight up to his listening post, then arcing almost straight down into the city.

Last edited by ChickenScratch; 07-07-2010 at 05:54 PM.
ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
\S/uperman
Banned User

I want the credits/names to form out of asteroids in space colliding through different solar systems.

Then scroll slightly like SW.

\S/uperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
GreenKToo
In the fire

Depends. If its an esablished supes, then in CB format but in motion...show his past encounters with villains like metallo and parasite.
If he is new, then a quick montage of krypton and smallville, again in CB format.

GreenKToo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #7
COMPO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
Flight from Kansas to Metropolis seen through Kal's eyes. We don't see him till he lands and walks into the Planet building, the first image will be the reflection of him walking through the revolving doors.

It would be gorgeous. A fleeting glimpse of a farm as he takes off and looks down, then he speeds through the sky almost straight up to his listening post, then arcing almost straight down into the city.
Yeah that would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Depends. If its an esablished supes, then in CB format but in motion...show his past encounters with villains like metallo and parasite.
If he is new, then a quick montage of krypton and smallville, again in CB format.
What's CB? I like the montage of villains, they could do that for the sequel or something.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #8
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPO View Post
Yeah that would be cool.

What's CB? I like the montage of villains, they could do that for the sequel or something.
CB = ComicBook. In other words show the opening credits in Comicbook form. Frames, but moving artwork mixed with live action.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

a comic book style panels would be cool. But i still hope we dont have a super est superman in this film. Cause that would be making the same mistake SR did with an est supes. If he is i would hope that maybe he has only been superman in the public for a few weeks/months and we see how he still became superman. Or he been in the shadows for awhile and hasnt gone public just yet and that is where the film starts up.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 07-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
bonoferox
Side-Kick

I would take a few travel-throgh-space scenes mixed with a montage of Superman in action or comic-bookish stills like they did for Spider-Man 2.
Im just hoping it will at least keep the John Williams theme.

bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #11
gdw
Side-Kick

You know, I LOVE the Donner credits, and the Williams theme, absolutely love them, and I was all for keeping them for Superman Returns, hell, I'd even say keep them for a straight up re-boot, EXCEPT this is being helmed under Nolan.

Now, I know he's not directing, and this is not Nolan worship, but the main reason I would want to keep the titles and theme from Donner's film is because i don't think any thing can top it, and I highly doubt anything can compare.

However, if we've learnt anything from Begin's and TDK it's how amazing something can be, while being quite different from what we are accustomed to.

I am very eager to see what they can do, in that vein, with Superman, titles, theme, and all.

You simply can't touch the Donner, Williams titles/theme, you can't touch them, so why try? Go around them, go a completely different direction, go BEYOND them

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #12
El Payaso
Banned User

You seriously want Donner movies elements in here?

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #13
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea the space titles and the williams theme are great and i do love them. But we dont really need them. And we should have a new theme. Which i have said my thoughts on that in the music thread for months.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 07-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #14
GreenKToo
In the fire

I love the william's theme and the flying words as much as anyone, but i'm willing to try something new.
That said, a slight hint at the william's theme somewhere in the film would be ok. And when I say slight, I mean ever so slight.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #15
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea use the williams theme somewhere in the film itself or during closing credits. But we dont really need it to be the theme any more. I am sure if they get a quality composer they could come up with a great new sound for supes.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 07-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
COMPO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
You know, I LOVE the Donner credits, and the Williams theme, absolutely love them, and I was all for keeping them for Superman Returns, hell, I'd even say keep them for a straight up re-boot, EXCEPT this is being helmed under Nolan.

Now, I know he's not directing, and this is not Nolan worship, but the main reason I would want to keep the titles and theme from Donner's film is because i don't think any thing can top it, and I highly doubt anything can compare.
I thought the Lois and Clark and Animated Series ones where quite good.

Quote:
However, if we've learnt anything from Begin's and TDK it's how amazing something can be, while being quite different from what we are accustomed to.

I am very eager to see what they can do, in that vein, with Superman, titles, theme, and all.

You simply can't touch the Donner, Williams titles/theme, you can't touch them, so why try? Go around them, go a completely different direction, go BEYOND them
The best thing about William's theme as that it actually says "Superman" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
CB = ComicBook. In other words show the opening credits in Comicbook form. Frames, but moving artwork mixed with live action.
That would be cool. It would be cool if each panel was like a nostalgic picture of like a front cover of a Superman comic or something like that with the actors acting them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
yea the space titles and the williams theme are great and i do love them. But we dont really need them. And we should have a new theme. Which i have said my thoughts on that in the music thread for months.
Mmmm, I'd like them to touch on it but make something new. I mean Lois and Clark did that and that was a good theme, it had an aspect of the Donner but was its on. Although they could go a diff direction I mean the animated series wasn't the same as Donners but it was good.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #17
\S/uperman
Banned User

All the developed Superman themes follow the same musical pattern where you can say "Superman" to them.

Go listen to STAS, same deal.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
COMPO
Side-Kick

Oh yeah they do.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #19
LL2K2
End of an Era

I'd love to see what the credits for SR would have been like had they followed the script or the opening montage of Requiem for Krypton. Something with Jason (or another little kid) narrating and a comic strip style like GreenKToo mentioned.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #20
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i said it countless times we dont need the williams theme. sure its been pretty much the superman theme. But i still say its fitting for donner/singer/reeve/routh superman. This new one should have the chance to have its own unique sound to make it its own.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 07-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #21
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Nolan film = NO opening credits most likely, if Nolan is mentoring the director and his vision.

I think we'll jump straight into the action with a fully-formed Superman.

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #22
\S/uperman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post
Nolan film = NO opening credits most likely, if Nolan is mentoring the director and his vision.

I think we'll jump straight into the action with a fully-formed Superman.
He will start with some kind of credits. If there is no origin story I expect them to do a comic montage of sorts at least.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #23
al35077
I fight for the users!!

I dont really care how they do the opening credits as long as john williams does the sound track. even if they dont im sure they will do a good job

Last edited by al35077; 07-08-2010 at 10:01 PM.
al35077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #24
\S/uperman
Banned User

Don't need Williams imo, but won't be mad if it is only in the credits.

However I want the next movie series to totally move on from Donner. PLEASE! Williams doing a totally new soundtrack would be interesting.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #25
bonoferox
Side-Kick

Since Nolan isn't the one directing it (at least as of yet), I'm not sure what kind of say he'll have in the opening credits. That part is usually up to the director.

bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote