The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 07-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #76
TNC9852002
Banned User

Default Re: Kevin Bacon To play Mister Sinister???

They traded Nightcrawler for Shadowcat and Beast..

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #77
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Kevin Bacon looks more like Donald Pierce than say Mr Sinister to me.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #78
TNC9852002
Banned User

Any other suggestions?

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #79
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
They traded Nightcrawler for Shadowcat and Beast..
It's not exactly a fair trade, but you can't argue with the results. I would've gladly traded Angel, Quill, 'Psylocke', Arclight, and Warren Worthington Sr. for Nightcrawler, though. Knocking out all of those characters could have given Kurt some more story potential (both him and Rogue could contemplate the cure), plus Dr. Kavita Rao could've been developed more, as she was in the comics.

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #80
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Bacon is an interesting choice for Sinister, but I don't really think that's who we'll be getting. It would be awesome though.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #81
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidboy View Post
It's not exactly a fair trade, but you can't argue with the results. I would've gladly traded Angel, Quill, 'Psylocke', Arclight, and Warren Worthington Sr. for Nightcrawler, though. Knocking out all of those characters could have given Kurt some more story potential (both him and Rogue could contemplate the cure), plus Dr. Kavita Rao could've been developed more, as she was in the comics.
Yeah, I think they actually dropped Nightcrawler as soon as they decided to bring Beast in. For some reason, they got the idea that 2 blue mutants were enough..

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #82
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
Yeah, I think they actually dropped Nightcrawler as soon as they decided to bring Beast in. For some reason, they got the idea that 2 blue mutants were enough..
I'm gonna believe them when they said it was due to the high cost of makeup coupled with his presence being minimal in the actual script. Having three blue mutants probably would be overkill, so they just dropped the one that wasn't entirely crucial to the plot.

As for Kevin Bacon, I'm pulling for Sinister, though I could definitely see him as a younger Senator Kelly.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #83
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Enough with the continuity... I don't want to see Stryker... or Kelly... only to screw them up with more inconsistencies. I just want to see this film stand on it's own, and not be handcuffed by stupid plot threads that ended up going nowhere in the OT.

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 07-14-2010 at 11:00 PM.
FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #84
JP
Smelly

How could Bacon play a YOUNGER Senator Kelly? How young do you think Bacon is? And how old do you think Bruce Davidson was in X1?

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #85
Electrix
Side-Kick

Kevin Bacon is 52. I doubt he'll be playing a young anyone.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #86
Ipodman
Love Tension

Would be sick if Mister Sinister was a main villain in this...

Although its still how the movie is made and how the character is treated

Hope more mutant powers and no more car chase scenes like in Origins

Ipodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #87
JP
Smelly

Bacon is official!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Also, notice it says "written by Jane Golman". I guess she didn't just rewrite Moss' script. She completely wrote her own. I'm not surprised by that. Vaughn himself said "a good script should never take a long time to write". He and Goldman wrote Kick-Ass in 4 weeks.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #88
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Bacon is official!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Also, notice it says "written by Jane Golman". I guess she didn't just rewrite Moss' script. She completely wrote her own. I'm not surprised by that. Vaughn himself said "a good script should never take a long time to write". He and Goldman wrote Kick-Ass in 4 weeks.
I think Moss had to write something tangible for the project to be greenlit. Under Singer's direction, he thrashed out something, probably no more than a rough draft or outline.

I hope Jane Goldman does read some of the relevant comic books and watch the previous films closely, to immerse herself in the world so it respects the mythos.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #89
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I think Moss had to write something tangible for the project to be greenlit. Under Singer's direction, he thrashed out something, probably no more than a rough draft or outline.

I hope Jane Goldman does read some of the relevant comic books and watch the previous films closely, to immerse herself in the world so it respects the mythos.
Yeah, I agree.

If they want to keep Bacon's role under wraps then I really don't think he's playing just another human villain. I think he's definitely playing someone big.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #90
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
How could Bacon play a YOUNGER Senator Kelly? How young do you think Bacon is? And how old do you think Bruce Davidson was in X1?
To put it in relative terms of the X-Men movies, Bruce Davison (Kelly) and Brian Cox (Stryker) were born only a few months apart, while Bacon is four years older than Danny Huston (Origins Stryker). If you can believe that Huston is a younger Stryker, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch that Bacon could be a younger Kelly (despite Stryker's line about being in Vietnam while Kelly was still a kid).

Bacon hasn't really aged gracefully, though, and I doubt senator Kelly is 'the greatest threat to mutantkind that the world has ever known', but I'm was just remarking upon the fact that he could pass as a younger version of Kelly. With the villain lined up now, I hope to see more of the cast filled up - as far as I know, we still don't have a Jean, Scott, or Storm (assuming she's in it).

Old 07-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #91
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I'm trying to think who else the X-Kids have faced in the books that both Xavier and Magneto have been at odds with.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #92
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Kevin Bacon To play Mister Sinister???

Kevin Bacon is awesome

he'll de great as a villain

was watching Death Sentence on FX the other day, and he is definately a badass

will play an awesome villain regardless of who it will be

but i hope it's Sinister

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #93
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

What powers does Sinister have?

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #94
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
What powers does Sinister have?
When Claremont created him, he basically gave him what I call "Claremont Syndrome." The question is, what DON'T he have?

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:29 PM   #95
Paroxysm
Banned User

Quote:
In this special Secret Identity, we're offering a few of the "X-Men" villains we think Bacon is capable of playing in "First Class."

Cameron Hodge: A cofounder of the original X-Factor squad, Cameron Hodge was secretly the head of anti-mutant organization The Right, attempting to break down human-mutant relations with a powerful inside position. Eventually, his head was severed by Archangel and reattached to a cybernetic body as he continued his anti-mutant campaign. A meaty role with plenty of room for the over-the-top flourishes Bacon is known for, Hodge would be a compelling nemesis to throw at the first class of Charles Xavier's mutants.

Graydon Creed: Secretly the offspring of mutants Mystique and Victor "Sabretooth" Creed, Graydon Creed was the leader of Friends of Humanity, an anti-mutant terrorist group committing hate crimes against mutants and their human sympathizers. A less physically dramatic role than Hodge, Creed poses an ideological threat that could realistically divide Charles and Magneto on their paths towards achieving large scale mutant acceptance.

Mister Sinister: Fans have long pined for the arrival of Mister Sinister on the big screen. The pale skinned Sinister wields telepathic and telekinetic powers, molecular manipulation and an unhealthy obsession with the Summers brothers, Cyclops in particular. Sinister would present Xavier, Magneto and the rest of the young mutants with a physically and intellectually powerful opponent. Like Hodge and Creed, it's a grand role that Bacon could have limitless fun with.

Steven Lang: Much like Hodge and Creed, Steven Lang is an outspoken opponent of mutant rights, going so far as to come up with a dangerous, tangible solution: the creation of Master Mold and the Sentinels. Bacon would work just fine as Lang, but the real upside of him inhabiting this role would be the arrival of Sentinels in an "X-Men" movie, something we haven't seen outside of their brief appearance in a Danger Room sequence in "The Last Stand." I think we can all agree that a major Sentinel presence is long overdue.

Trevor Fitzroy: Future-born criminal Trevor Fitzroy is a time terrorist, traveling back to the X-Men's present much to the chagrin of Bishop. Not only is Bacon a perfect fit for the arrogant Fitzroy, the character's inclusion would serve to reset the Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner era of "X-Men" films much in the same way that J.J. Abrams recently rebooted the "Star Trek" franchise. It's not the craziest idea in the world after all, there are rumors that future shapeshifter Willow is somehow a part of "First Class," so don't be surprised if Fox takes a cue from Paramount in using Bacon as Fitzroy to reboot the "X-Men" property.
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/07/12...n-first-class/

I hope it's Mister Sinister.

Paroxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #96
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
When Claremont created him, he basically gave him what I call "Claremont Syndrome." The question is, what DON'T he have?
I think he has regen, psychic powers, laser beams that come out of his hands and he is a brilliant geneticist, I think that is the extent of his abilities.

Speaking of powers, how would Graydon Creed pose a physical threat to the X-Men, what kind of final battle could they have with him?

Also how would they make Hodge a physical threat? All that stuff he did in the comics, selling his soul to demon or joining with an alien being, wouldn't work in a movie.

Last edited by The Overlord; 07-16-2010 at 12:03 AM.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #97
Mr. Fixit
Enforcer

Quote:
don't be surprised if Fox takes a cue from Paramount in using Bacon as Fitzroy to reboot the "X-Men" property.
I may be wrong but I don't think they'll go that route just yet. Already they seem to be sticking with continuity in this film (although details are fuzzy). Plus Wolverine 2 is due out as well and that's going to have Hugh Jackman in it. And there has been some talks here and there about an X4. So it doesn't really look like a reboot is in the works for a while for the Xmen.

Mr. Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:31 AM   #98
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Well, I for one am pleased with the addition of Kevin Bacon. It's an inspired choice in itself and adds serious pedigree to this cast of youngins.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 AM   #99
TheFuture
Rising

I would prefer if he got the role of Lang or Hodge, however I wouldn't mind if he played Fitzroy for the reasons mentioned above. I think these type of characters are perfect for Bacon, we know he can play that hateful arrogant ******* role to perfection. I just don't see him as Sinister.

TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:52 AM   #100
BMM
Side-Kick

The author of that article is confused. Lang doesn't create Master Mold and the sentinels, Trask does. As for Fitzroy, a character I haven't even thought about since the 1990s, it's not going to happen.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote