The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #976
blackdiamond
Banned User

Default Re: The Official JANUARY JONES/Emma Frost Thread

the reason there is so much focus on januarys terrible body for the role of emma is because of the fact she couldn't act. if she was able to deliver a solid performance most fans of the character would over look her zombie like bod.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #977
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
Yeah in the comics Emma is a dirty whore drawn by men who give her a figure that is not possible for all women to have. If you are that hard up for a women to look like that, just use google.

Its like asking for every guy in comic book movies to be roided up to match what basically they all look like in comics.
Bingo! There is no woman in the world could possibly live up to the body expectations most of the X-women - and for that matter most comic book female characters - are drawn like.

Jones body is perfectly fine.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #978
conaniscool
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
Again I have also laid the blame of the White Queen debacle at the feet of the director/writer. January Jones has a good looking face not amazing, but good and her rack is as good as the amount of money she paid for it. What is not up for discussion is she has NO, ZILCH, NADA, backside, she flat as a board on the rear end. Some men may like that and I have no problems with that but Emma Frost has classic hour glass shape not "P" shaped female.
Hehe, you've obviously never seen many breasts in real life, because it's obvious her's are real. Fake breasts have an unnatural looking "line" around them, like someone stuffed half a softball under the skin. Real breasts sag a little, and conform to a bra like water. Jone's breasts are natural.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #979
Heretic
Side-Kick

jersey, it depends on how you look at it...

Do I need my heroes in movies to look like Rob Liefeld art? No...I dont want my comic books looking like Rob Liefeld art either! However, I don't think that it's too much to ask to have the actors get in incredible shape for the role. To me, that actor in Thor looked close enough. That dude playing Captain America looks jacked. Christian Bale gets in shape for Batman. That dude playing Conan looks like he could kill anyone on earth if he wanted to...

Emma is SUPPOSED to have a figure most women can't have. While it doesn't really matter how hot Pepper Potts is...Emma Frost pretty much HAS to be the world greatest and curviest lingerie model. Black Widow, for instance...not sure why they felt the need to cast the hottest woman they could find when the most important aspect was "can she perform martial arts?" (I would have cast Kathryn Winnick as Black Widow by the way, since she is a third degree black belt in tae kwon do and a second degree black belt in karate, is fluent in Ukranian which is close enough for Hollywood to being Russian...and she's as beautiful as that character really needs to be).

But Emma? Yeah, Emma has to be more than a walking stick with implants.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #980
Sun_Down
You Best Is Enough

For seriously, the complaints about her body are, for lack of a better word, foolish. The level of delusion around here - from "I've dated hotter girls" to "She looks like a zombie" - is both hilarious and sad. Leave it to fanboys and geeks to have outrageous standards.

There's a lot to dislike about her performance, but her body is definitely not one of them.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #981
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

^ Exactly. I think it's ridiculous and almost downright sexist at all the talk about her physical body/appearance.

As you said, leave it to fanboys.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #982
Heretic
Side-Kick

Why is it sexist??? have you seen the talks about looks in the Conan thread???

Like it or not, with SOME characters, LOOKS MATTER.

I will not accept a Chinese actor as Superman. I will not accept a blond Mary Jane Watson. I will not accept an amputee as The Flash. Emma's most important trait is that she's hotter than everyone else, in very specific ways. She is not hot in the modern actress way of thinking (stick figure thin, no hips). She is very specifically Emma Frost hot. That is possible...but very rare. if it wasn't very rare, then she wouldnt be special at all.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #983
Sun_Down
You Best Is Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Why is it sexist??? have you seen the talks about looks in the Conan thread???

Like it or not, with SOME characters, LOOKS MATTER.

I will not accept a Chinese actor as Superman. I will not accept a blond Mary Jane Watson. I will not accept an amputee as The Flash. Emma's most important trait is that she's hotter than everyone else, in very specific ways. She is not hot in the modern actress way of thinking (stick figure thin, no hips). She is very specifically Emma Frost hot. That is possible...but very rare. if it wasn't very rare, then she wouldnt be special at all.
The fact that you describe her looks as her "most important trait" shows your level of mental sophistication.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #984
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

Jones was alright, it's just that her character wasn't written as well as Charles, Erik, or Shaw. It's more of a case of just being outshined. As for her looks, come on, she's a beautiful woman who wore sexy outfits. Too bad for anyone who was expecting a twenty-inch waist and white thong through out the movie.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #985
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
The fact that you describe her looks as her "most important trait" shows your level of mental sophistication.
It shows absolutely nothing about me. Emma Frost is walking around comic books in lingerie. Oh sure, they've added depth to her character over the years...almost all of it bad decisions...but the very basic trait of the character is "hot blond in lingerie". Arguing against that is absurd.

Again, that says nothing about me. While some characters must be portrayed as smart, or highly skilled in one thing or another, Emma must be portrayed as sexy to the point of manipulating people. We didn't have this discussion about Pepper Potts, or the chick in Thor, or Rogue, or Storm, or Jean Grey, or Kitty Pryde, or Mystique...we're having it about Emma because a certain type of sex appeal is VITAL to her character.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #986
conaniscool
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
It shows absolutely nothing about me. Emma Frost is walking around comic books in lingerie. Oh sure, they've added depth to her character over the years...almost all of it bad decisions...but the very basic trait of the character is "hot blond in lingerie". Arguing against that is absurd.

Again, that says nothing about me. While some characters must be portrayed as smart, or highly skilled in one thing or another, Emma must be portrayed as sexy to the point of manipulating people. We didn't have this discussion about Pepper Potts, or the chick in Thor, or Rogue, or Storm, or Jean Grey, or Kitty Pryde, or Mystique...we're having it about Emma because a certain type of sex appeal is VITAL to her character.
I think most of the male population would say that Jones has plenty of sex appeal.

I'm guessing you don't have a girlfriend, since your standards seem so high.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #987
psyonic
X-Man

In the scene where Shaw asks Emma for some ice, how did Riptide and Azazel know that Emma needed the ladder pulled down? Did she use mind control on them?

Old 06-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #988
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by conaniscool View Post
I think most of the male population would say that Jones has plenty of sex appeal.

I'm guessing you don't have a girlfriend, since your standards seem so high.
A couple of things...

My standards for what Emma Frost should look like and my standards for what type of girl I will date are two very different things. I prefer cute girl next door types over "sexy" girls to be honest, although often the two are the same.

My standard for Aunt May is a sweet, kind old frail looking woman. That is NOT my standard for a girlfriend. You see...it is possible to have different standards for different purposes.

However...and I know that this is the internet where everyone can be whatever they want...but I have nothing to hide. I'm in my 30's now, and BY GOD have I lived life! I have ABSOLUTELY been with women that I would consider are "sexier" than January Jones. I'm not bragging...it is merely a side effect of how I've lived my life. I'm pretty talentless...so I've made it a point to associate with talented people...

And yes, I have a girlfriend now. No biggie...women are like 50% of the world population...they are almost everywhere you go, and generally can be easy to talk to.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #989
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

Damon Lindelof's thoughts on Jones:

Quote:
Emma Frost's THREE mutant powers: Telepathy, Transformation to Solid Diamond and last but not least, Sucking at Acting.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #990
batboy99
BTVS

I felt Jones was trying to just be really distant and cold. Which could work well if she had just a bit more emotion in her face. But I thought she was fine. And hot. Very hot.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #991
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Guess she'll never work with Abrams ever. The Jones-haters are recruiting.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #992
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

There are four very typical sports-loving hetero males sitting right by me at work. All of them drooled over the pictures of January Jones in Emma Frost attire when one of them saw the images on our computer system. So it seems clear to me that she definitely has sex appeal, despite the silliness uttered in this inane thread.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #993
batboy99
BTVS

I want hi res of the shots!

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #994
Sentinel X
optical illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
For seriously, the complaints about her body are, for lack of a better word, foolish. The level of delusion around here - from "I've dated hotter girls" to "She looks like a zombie" - is both hilarious and sad. Leave it to fanboys and geeks to have outrageous standards.

There's a lot to dislike about her performance, but her body is definitely not one of them.
Seriously. And as far as people saying "I've dated hotter girls" so nonchalantly. Yeah right...prove it

She looks good.She acted bad (not, terrible but she clearly gave the weakest performance of all the cast members).

.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Old 06-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #995
childeroland
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
Doesn't he have a great show to set up and then ruin with years of aimless storylines? A(*&&ole.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

Old 06-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #996
FreeRadical
HAIL HYDRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
Reminds me of when she and Ashton Kutcher were dating and he said she will never be a good actress. I only remember Jones from American Wedding, she was okay, nothing special. I'd liked Alice Eve, who seems to be a better actress and has acted with James McAvoy in Starter for Ten.

I thought it was interesting how Emma Frost was imprisoned half way through the third act of the film and only appeared once before the end of the film.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #997
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadical View Post
Reminds me of when she and Ashton Kutcher were dating and he said she will never be a good actress. I only remember Jones from American Wedding, she was okay, nothing special. I'd liked Alice Eve, who seems to be a better actress and has acted with James McAvoy in Starter for Ten.
Alice Eve reportedly dropped out because the character didn't have a strong enough role in the screenplay.

I thought Jones was fine for the supporting role she had. I haven't watched Mad Men to assess her in that. And I'd need to see a larger role for Emma Frost in a sequel to see what else Jones could bring, because the role was limited. I saw the portrayal of emotionless, detached coldness as representing Emma, though I know the comics version has also shown a lot more personality at times.

Quote:
I thought it was interesting how Emma Frost was imprisoned half way through the third act of the film and only appeared once before the end of the film.
That could have been a storytelling decision to make the final battle easier to handle. Xavier was busy enough doing what he was doing without Emma Frost entering the equation. I think there were enough mutants in the final battle scene.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #998
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
There are four very typical sports-loving hetero males sitting right by me at work. All of them drooled over the pictures of January Jones in Emma Frost attire when one of them saw the images on our computer system. So it seems clear to me that she definitely has sex appeal, despite the silliness uttered in this inane thread.
Sure, January Jones has sex appeal...just not the same sex appeal as Emma Frost. George Clooney has sex appeal too, but I wouldn't cast him as Emma Frost.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #999
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadical View Post
To that I still think it was more a writer problem, they needed to expose Shaw's plan and keep the other telepath away at the last act, and the character suffered for that, the Bene Gesserit witch had to leave.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #1000
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread