The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #51
afan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Superman with a twist ?

Could it be that this " huge twist to the legend " is necessitated by the lawsuit? If so it narrows the suspects abit.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #52
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

The twist: Brainiac is Superman's father.

Lara is such a ****.

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:00 AM   #53
mrajan

I'm a little concerned with Jonah Nolan getting the directing gig just because WB doesn't want to piss of Chris Nolan. Superman is a huge film and a big franchise to just hand over to a first time director with no previous directing experience, no matter who his brother is. At least Donner had directed The Omen and a bunch of TV episodes before he got the Superman job.

mrajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #54
GreenKToo
In the fire

I'm wondering now if we will hear something at the con about Supes. I was thinking before that we wouldn't because of GL, now i'm not so sure.
I dont wanna get my hopes up tho, been there done that.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #55
MAN O STEEL
HC is my superman

Well GreenKToo, If there gonna start filming next year for a 2012 release their gonna have to start getting news out ASAP & what better place at this point in time than the Con. It's where these movies thrive, where the hype is for comic book movies (No pun intended). It's the best way to get it out there. If not then I can imagine it being not to long after.

Steve

Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #56
GreenKToo
In the fire

True. I'd geek out if nolan walked out at the con, *officially* announced the reboot, and introduced not only the director, but the guy that's cast as Supes. ( that said, I don't think we'll hear any casting news for a long while yet tho.)

Old 07-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #57
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Twist? I hope they focus more on a good story rather than a "twist".

**cough****cough**Lame Jason is Superman's son twist **cough**cough**

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."

Last edited by Bad Superman; 07-21-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #58
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I'm wondering now if we will hear something at the con about Supes. I was thinking before that we wouldn't because of GL, now i'm not so sure.
I dont wanna get my hopes up tho, been there done that.
Its tough to say but realistically no. Batman, there bigger franchise, probably wont have a presence at comic con and it comes out before superman. At the actual con it just makes sense to focus on green lantern. They can announce the superman stuff at any time and we probably (besides a director) wont be hearing to much stuff any time soon. I mean people are expecting announcements but its best not to get your hopes up, just look at the past with the batman movies. Everyone was expecting some announcement at comic con for who would play the joker and there was nothing. A few weeks later latino review scooped it.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #59
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

The twist...

The movie will be set in the 1930's/1940's....
Kryptons destruction will be seen in black and white and shown in a "republic serials" format..
The movie wil become colourised as soon as the Kents find baby Kal-El in the rocket ship.
Before the movie fast forwards thirty odd years to show a mature Superman saving lives in 1930/1940's Metropolis.
Lex Luthor will be a mad scientist hell bent on the destruction of Superman.

Yes, we may well see a giant robot.

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander

Last edited by Adenjo; 07-21-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Adenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #60
MAN O STEEL
HC is my superman

Quote:
Twist? I hope they focus more on a good story rather than a "twist".

**cough****cough**Lame Jason is Superman's son twist **cough**cough**
Yeah because by adding a twist, the rest of the story wil just fall apart because no attention was paid to it . Don't forget the team working on this. They know story better than anyone working today IMO. Goyer, Little Nolan & Big Nolan are geniuses together. I'm not worried one single bit. 2 wicked Bats movies have taught me that much.

Steve

Old 07-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #61
That-Guy
Banned User

Superman and Lex are the same person!

That-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #62
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

The twist..
The Daily Planet closes.. Clark gets a job at the Buy-More

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Adenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #63
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenjo View Post
The twist...

The movie will be set in the 1930's/1940's....
Kryptons destruction will be seen in black and white and shown in a "republic serials" format..
The movie wil become colourised as soon as the Kents find baby Kal-El in the rocket ship.
Before the movie fast forwards thirty odd years to show a mature Superman saving lives in 1930/1940's Metropolis.
Lex Luthor will be a mad scientist hell bent on the destruction of Superman.

So...the movie begins in the 1930s and fast forward thirty or so years and it's still in the 1930s? Lol.

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:13 AM   #64
romeogbs19
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenjo View Post
The twist...

Ah, you're right -- the twist is that we finally see a live action version of that giant spider Jon Peters wanted in his Superman movie.

romeogbs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #65
GreenKToo
In the fire

Polar bears FTW!!

Old 07-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #66
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Superman and Lex are the same person!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Polar bears FTW!!

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Old 07-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #67
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN O STEEL View Post
Yeah because by adding a twist, the rest of the story wil just fall apart because no attention was paid to it . Don't forget the team working on this. They know story better than anyone working today IMO. Goyer, Little Nolan & Big Nolan are geniuses together. I'm not worried one single bit. 2 wicked Bats movies have taught me that much.

Steve
It did with SR. Like I said I just hope they focus on delivering a great story than a twist that could spoil the film.I've seen many films have great first and second acts and it all falls apart with the third act. IMO a twist isn't vital. They could do it on a sequel. I just want them to focus on giving Supes a solid epic franchise restart. As for the team behind the film, Im confident they'll do an excellent job.

"Little" Nolan and "Big" Nolan.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #68
what_19
Side-Kick

i think it would be interesting if the government captured the baby kal-el and kept him for a few years...as he grows older he gets stronger and escapes (say 5-6 years old) and runs away...the kents find him and raise him. the government looks for him but can't make a public ordeal about it because they have to keep the alien thing a secret. clark grows up to be superman, and fight for truth and justice.

the public fears him totally at first, cuz lets be honest, if some dude showed up wearing a cape with all teh powers he has it would be quite a big deal. people would be afraid. its WEIRD. it would turn the world upside down. religions would be questioned. people would wonder if there are more coming? what else is out there? the gov't would realize that he is the kid that escaped and go after him. lex turns against him and in turn gets the public against him. the gov't tries to catch him, and ask lex, with all his technology and brains to help them.

brainiac turns up...maybe superman gets caught or subdued by lex....and they have to release him because its the only way to beat braniac...the public loves superman because he saves the earth. the gov'tis still afraid of him and lex is pissed and sets out to destroy him.

oh yeh, and then there is the character stuff with lois and his parents and what not

the end.

what_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #69
double A-ron
Side-Kick

The twist:

At the end of the movie as Superman's heading for space to do his patented flyby and smile, he smacks/crashes through a big glass wall and we learn that the whole time, Metropolis has been in one of Brainiac's bottles aboard his ship.

double A-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #70
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by what_19 View Post
i think it would be interesting if the government captured the baby kal-el and kept him for a few years...as he grows older he gets stronger and escapes (say 5-6 years old) and runs away...the kents find him and raise him. the government looks for him but can't make a public ordeal about it because they have to keep the alien thing a secret. clark grows up to be superman, and fight for truth and justice.

the public fears him totally at first, cuz lets be honest, if some dude showed up wearing a cape with all teh powers he has it would be quite a big deal. people would be afraid. its WEIRD. it would turn the world upside down. religions would be questioned. people would wonder if there are more coming? what else is out there? the gov't would realize that he is the kid that escaped and go after him. lex turns against him and in turn gets the public against him. the gov't tries to catch him, and ask lex, with all his technology and brains to help them.

brainiac turns up...maybe superman gets caught or subdued by lex....and they have to release him because its the only way to beat braniac...the public loves superman because he saves the earth. the gov'tis still afraid of him and lex is pissed and sets out to destroy him.

oh yeh, and then there is the character stuff with lois and his parents and what not

the end.
Not bad. For me, I'd change that the goverment has him, to the gov tracked the spaceship coming in, and traces the loaction to Kansas. the ship crashes.
The kents, on their way home, arrive first of course, and they think its a goverment experimental aircraft instead of an alien craft. They find a small child in the wreckage (alive and well) and wrap it up. Jonathan tries to load the ship into his truck, but its too heavy for him, so he hides it the best that he can with brush.
Martha, thinking its a secret gov experiment, is furious that they would use small children in such tests and tells jonathan that they must take the child away.
The kents leave the scene, and not long afterwards a private goverment group arrives at the crash site lead by a man from luthor-corp.

Later, the man that was leading the Luthor-corp team arrives at his home. He walks into his house holding an artifact from the ship..his son (about 5 or 6 years old) walks up. the man studies the artifact, and lets his son hold it..'Lex', the man says, ''your holding your future''.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 07-22-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #71
\S/
The Real Steel Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by double A-ron View Post
The twist:

At the end of the movie as Superman's heading for space to do his patented flyby and smile, he smacks/crashes through a big glass wall and we learn that the whole time, Metropolis has been in one of Brainiac's bottles aboard his ship.
Great minds think alike, though I actually thought of a similar idea as a better ending to the "New Krypton" saga in the comics.

Instead of this "Super-Gump" stunt stuff, Superman would return to BAU (business as usual) and things would seem okay for a time. Then he'd notice things aren't what they should be, as would other folks in Metropolis.

The reveal would be about five issues into the new year-long arc. Metropolis was shrunken and placed in a bottle, trapping Superman. In the meantime, Brainiac and Luthor have conquered the Earth, a fact we'd learn after a few issues of Action Comics.

Superman and Metropolis' story would be the focus of Superman, while Action would deal with the world fighting against the Brainiac/Luthor team. This would also be a company-wide crossover, as we'd see how both heroes and villains would deal with the "Lexiac" rule.

A simplified version of this would work in movie form as well, I think.

\S/

\S/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #72
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well hopefully goyer and jonah nolan will not do anything to crazy for twists or anything. like those countless crazy ideas of the 90s/early 2000s, or singer did with having a super kid. Now its probably not going to be anything to out there. Since i am sure wb will want superman to be clearly defined and not to out of the norm for the character. IT will probably be more on story telling and set up then some crazy life altering twist.

For me i just want the film to have a good story, treat the characters right, keep things faithful to what ever source materials they are drawing from, and have good acting, visuals, and direction.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #73
ChickenScratch
Banned User

I think it will be an Earth/Krypton connection. Those who have read the end of Red Son get where I'm coming from here.

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #74
The Executioner
Banned User

Why a Superman film based on Red Son? Thats when he fought for Russia and it was an esleworlds title.

The Executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #75
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i doubt they would do something like that, it could just be a twist on seting up a big villain for a later film, or like i said twist is more in story telling/film set up.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote