Banned User

Default Re: Superman with a twist ?

Oh okay I gotchu.

The Executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:13 AM   #77
what_19
Side-Kick

i know its part of the mythos, but for some reason the "visual" of metropolis, or earth fpr that matter being stuck in a "bottle" just doesnt work for me. It's too "twilight zone." Especially with nolan in charge i can't see this happening.

I can see the genuine public reaction happening with an "alien being on earth" response with nolan though. how CRAZY that would be. how he finds his place in this world where EVERYTHING is turned upside down...balance of power, religion....how countries try and get in his graces...how far certain countries PUSH him to see what will happen. The possibilities are endless to add a SUPERMAN to the real world, without losing the sci-fi edge that is superman.

whats next? martinas? brainiac? doomsday? what else is superman drawing to earth?

what_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #78
xorm

In Nolan's movies his modus operandi is to circle back to beginning triggering events. With Superman the beginning triggering event is Krypton's destruction and Kal-El being sent to Earth, found in a spaceship and adopted by the Kents.
I think that the twist will be that the origin will be revealed to be something other than what we viewers and Superman and the Kents have been led to believe.
This theory also can extricate Warner Bros. from the problem that they've lost the rights to Action #1 which contains the classic origin.
What the actual twist will be, I have no idea. It will probably turn his origin on it's head but by using the universally known origin story as the macguffin this will then open the story up for further sequels.

xorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #79
GreenKToo
In the fire

It wouldnt really be a twist, but they *COULD* be planning to set up a JL film in Superman. Maybe hints and stuff.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #80
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Executioner View Post
Why a Superman film based on Red Son? Thats when he fought for Russia and it was an esleworlds title.
I didn't say based on Red Sun, I said an ending similar to that of Red Sun with the Earth/Krypton thing, the twist. You don't have to point out what Red Sun is to me, I'm the one who brought it up, I know what it is.

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #81
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

i dont understand the need for a twist on superman. i like him just the way he is. i dont trust hollywood to put a twist on a character like superman.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #82
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

hmm.....the mention of a "twist" kind of worries me a bit......

if it's a twist where the villain, say Braniac, is responsible for the destruction of Krypton ( ala TAS ), then I'll be ok with that.

remember.....Singer included a "twist" in SR.....when we discovered that Jason was Supers JR. when he chucked the piano across the room....

and.....we all know how that turned out.....

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #83
Comicfan
Side-Kick

Beyonce will play Lois Lane

Will Smith will be Superman

THE ART OF COMICFAN
Comicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:59 AM   #84
\S/uperman
Banned User

Beyonce was cast in McG Superman with Bomer wasn't she?

\S/uperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:28 AM   #85
what_19
Side-Kick

that was just a nightmare......right?

what_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:00 AM   #86
Diamondhead
Banned User

Bah !
at the end of the movie it' s apocalypse
the earth is destroyed just like krypton but..!

Superman still in his spaceship as an infant travelling billions of lights years
before reaching earth
he's connected to a dream stimulated machine that stimulate and teaches his kryptonian baby brain

all of this superhero stuff was nothing but a dream that was coming from a dream induced machine that shows possible future

he has yet to reach earth
which is unlikely since he is lost in deep space.

there's your crappy twist
nolan
Ha ha ha

Diamondhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #87
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

I've long toyed with with the idea of Jor-El being turned into a villian for the franchise restart. It's kind of contrived and would piss some people off, people who would likely call it a ripoff of Star Wars, but the move could also freshen things up with a Jor-El sending Superman to Earth in order to conquer Humanity and rebuild Krypton from the ground up on Earth. Jor-El could be portrayed as a figurative Kryptonian nationalist if you will.

I'll admit that Smallville put this idea in my head. While at first being taken back by the notion of Jor-El as a villian, I quickly came around to the idea, respecting Smallville for possibly taking such a risk and IMO they should have ran with it. But instead of making that Clark Kent/Kal-El's story there own, they went the predictable route. This is the tragedy that is Smallville, never making the story there own. I'm serious, Smallville is such a television tragedy from a storyline standpoint. So much potential that was just wasted, a show that had the time and support to take thought out liberties, slowly build storylines, get deep and indepth with those storylines, time to develop character arc's, they had the time and basic immunity from the network because it's a Superman story. One of the biggest tragedies in television history. Ok, enough over dramatic ranting.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Last edited by NotFadeAway; 07-27-2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: ffff
NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #88
Superman Prime

How about Clark Kent works for LexCorp.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #89
rob-el2
Side-Kick

What if the movie start in the current time (or very near future) but we learn that Superman really looks the same but all supporting characters are in their 90/100s (Life expectancy has been extended with the help of some Kryptonian technologies). The movie then flashes back to the 40's and we get a take on Superman back then al la Skyking. I've always wanted a retro Superman and this could show us that. Sequels could be a problem unless they wanted to continue thru the decades with the characters getting older -and thee issues that that brings forth for Supes.

rob-el2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #90
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
How about Clark Kent works for LexCorp.
I've also thought about this as well.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #91
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

brainiac destroyed krypton, but bottled kandor and it's inhabitants first, and has been searching for the only living kryptonian not in his possession. not a huge twist, but it should impact the kryptonian mythology.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:57 AM   #92
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

Twist...
in Nolans batman 3, A small boy is seen holding a Superman comic book, the Superman on the cover being a comic book artists rendition of the actor playing Superman in Nolans Superman movie.
In Nolans Superman movie, a small boy (would it be too much for it to be the same boy?) is seen flicking through a Batman comic book, the cover being a comic book artists rendition of Nolans Batman/Bale.

Therefore having both characters/movies within the same universe but also not in the same universe.....

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Adenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:01 AM   #93
SuperFerret
Hype Elitist

The twist will be
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
instead of a man from Krypton, Kal-El will be a ferret that by day is Lois Lane's mild-mannered pet that she keeps in her apartment but hides from her landlords because she's not allowed to have pets in her building, and by night patrols the city as SuperFerret, but hides from the mayor because he's not allowed to be in Metropolis. Damn Metropolis, trying to be like California and make ferrets illegal.

H.E.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:36 AM   #94
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I like the idea of brainiac destroying krypton.

Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #95
Alientraveller
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I like the idea of brainiac destroying krypton.
Very TAS, but it would drive the plot and set up Kandor for sequels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by what_19 View Post
I can see the genuine public reaction happening with an "alien being on earth" response with nolan though. how CRAZY that would be. how he finds his place in this world where EVERYTHING is turned upside down...balance of power, religion....how countries try and get in his graces...how far certain countries PUSH him to see what will happen. The possibilities are endless to add a SUPERMAN to the real world, without losing the sci-fi edge that is superman.
Wahey, I'd love to see people seeing Superman as the second coming.

Alientraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #96
GreenKToo
In the fire

thats why I'd kinda like other heroes to be in the world, or at least mentioned, as to get away from the messiah talk. If you had other heroes already running around, the public would be used to them.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #97
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenjo View Post
Twist...
in Nolans batman 3, A small boy is seen holding a Superman comic book, the Superman on the cover being a comic book artists rendition of the actor playing Superman in Nolans Superman movie.
In Nolans Superman movie, a small boy (would it be too much for it to be the same boy?) is seen flicking through a Batman comic book, the cover being a comic book artists rendition of Nolans Batman/Bale.

Therefore having both characters/movies within the same universe but also not in the same universe.....
Interesting idea, however Nolan had gone on the record as saying the shear concept of the comic book or superhero doesn't exist in Batman's world, hence why the sequence where Bruce's parents were killed was changed from them being shot outside the cinema showing Zorro to the opera.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #98
GreenKToo
In the fire

Nolan never thought he would be overseeing a Superman film when he said that either.
Maybe he has changed his mind now, maybe not.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #99
Comicfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Interesting idea, however Nolan had gone on the record as saying the shear concept of the comic book or superhero doesn't exist in Batman's world, hence why the sequence where Bruce's parents were killed was changed from them being shot outside the cinema showing Zorro to the opera.
Maybe Batman started a trend, you know:

"...take this guy: armed robbery, double homicide. Got a taste for the theatrical, like you. Leaves a calling card"

THE ART OF COMICFAN
Comicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #100
Diamondhead
Banned User

the Kent were in fact low life creatures from kryton
disguised as human farmers to raise kal el to the right direction
because real human beings would have never kep a big secret like that

the kent are Expendables
might as well make them something to remember
haw haw haw!