The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #276
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
It's from a short video Jennifer did for the NY Times - 14 actors acting.

I love how exaggerated she is in it.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 05-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #277
insane polaris
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

I realised why I think she looks weird as Mystique and it is the make up.

If you look at Rebecca Mystique, the prosthetics on the face and lips are a darker
blue than the painted skin.

But all the pics ive seen of Jennifer, theyre all the same colour. I think its making her face look a bit flat.

Last edited by insane polaris; 05-07-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #278
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

It seems like they tried to go for a brighter look and it loses that sleekness that the old design had.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #279
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

I wonder if they are going to explain why she decided to not wear clothes in the 3 movies, always thought that was a bit odd.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #280
Project862006
Banned User

probably becuase she is no longer afraid of what she is and not gonna hide it

Old 05-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #281
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Well plenty of mutants in the comics/movies felt that way but you don't see them being naked

Old 05-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #282
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane polaris View Post

If you look at Rebecca Mystique, the prosthetics on the face and lips are a darker

But all the pics ive seen of Jennifer, theyre all the same colour. I think its making her face look a bit flat.

I agree with you. Also Rebecca has shorter, more modern hair that suits her feature. Jennifer's hair makes her face look even wider and with lighter make up, she looks a bit odd !

Old 05-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #283
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1988 View Post
Well plenty of mutants in the comics/movies felt that way but you don't see them being naked
they also arent blue. Its also easier for her during fights and she can grow her own clothes if need be.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #284
merbass
Side-Kick

Perhaps she isn't wearing any uniform. It's part of her skin all along !

Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #285
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
I agree with you. Also Rebecca has shorter, more modern hair that suits her feature. Jennifer's hair makes her face look even wider and with lighter make up, she looks a bit odd !
i think the color is right because in X3 Rebecca was more "lighter" i guess it's the tone of the film and how it's shot...but if someone could find a pic of her from X3 and post, thanks...

Old 05-08-2011, 12:24 AM   #286
Catman
Banned User

Jennifer Lawrence is HOT, but her forehead is pretty big and that's why she looks weird as Mystique.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:08 AM   #287
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1988 View Post
I think in the movie verse it's easier for her to shape shift while naked. It doesn't seem like her clothes change with her in this film.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #288
merbass
Side-Kick

Does anyone reckon Rebecca Romjin might actually play her mother during the young Mystique's scene ?

Old 05-08-2011, 01:29 AM   #289
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

That would be a mind****

Old 05-08-2011, 05:37 AM   #290
merbass
Side-Kick

I'd scream at the cinema.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #291
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
Jennifer Lawrence is HOT, but her forehead is pretty big and that's why she looks weird as Mystique.
I think it's the hairline, the widow's peak is too high.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #292
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Last edited by SuperSoldier985; 05-10-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:55 AM   #293
Glutton
Side-Kick

Yahoo! Movies UK asked X-MEN: FIRST CLASS cast members James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, Jason Flemyng, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Alex Gonzalez, Edi Gathegi, Zoe Kravitz, Lucas Till and Caleb Landry Jones which mutant power they would want in real life.

Jennifer Lawrence (Raven Darkholme/Mystique) – “Don’t I have to say shape shifting? I would love to be able to run up stairs without falling, but I don’t think that’s a superhero power. Every time I run up stairs I fall, it’s the weirdest thing ever. Basic human balance. Well, Zoe can fly. Flying would be awesome. But it has to be cooler than flying… Well, if I could fly it would solve my running up the stairs and tripping problem, because I could just fly up the stairs… So I’m sticking with that. And sharpening pencils with my eyes.”

Last edited by Glutton; 05-10-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #294
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane polaris View Post

You're right about the coloring. It was probably a conscious decision. If you look at this cap of Rebecca, her forehead is pretty high as well haha. Also attached is a shot of Jennifer from the new TV spot. Starting to get used to the new coloring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2011-05-10-19h23m47s111.jpg (37.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2011-05-10-19h11m25s167.jpg (51.0 KB, 0 views)

Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #295
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glutton View Post
Jennifer Lawrence (Raven Darkholme/Mystique) – “Don’t I have to say shape shifting? I would love to be able to run up stairs without falling, but I don’t think that’s a superhero power. Every time I run up stairs I fall, it’s the weirdest thing ever. Basic human balance. Well, Zoe can fly. Flying would be awesome. But it has to be cooler than flying… Well, if I could fly it would solve my running up the stairs and tripping problem, because I could just fly up the stairs… So I’m sticking with that. And sharpening pencils with my eyes.

Does anyone else think that Lawrence is going to make a better Mystique than Rebecca Romijn? So far from what I've seen, I like her a lot better, in looks as well.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #296
pyromaniac
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glutton View Post
Yahoo! Movies UK asked X-MEN: FIRST CLASS cast members James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, Jason Flemyng, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Alex Gonzalez, Edi Gathegi, Zoe Kravitz, Lucas Till and Caleb Landry Jones which mutant power they would want in real life.

Jennifer Lawrence (Raven Darkholme/Mystique) – “Don’t I have to say shape shifting? I would love to be able to run up stairs without falling, but I don’t think that’s a superhero power. Every time I run up stairs I fall, it’s the weirdest thing ever. Basic human balance. Well, Zoe can fly. Flying would be awesome. But it has to be cooler than flying… Well, if I could fly it would solve my running up the stairs and tripping problem, because I could just fly up the stairs… So I’m sticking with that. And sharpening pencils with my eyes.”
This thought process is funny.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #297
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post

Does anyone else think that Lawrence is going to make a better Mystique than Rebecca Romijn? So far from what I've seen, I like her a lot better, in looks as well.
I don't think it's going to be better... but rather, different. Jennifer is probably the better actress (sorry Rebecca!), but Rebecca interpreted the character fantastically and almost otherworldly. Since in First Class we have a young Mystique, I don't think Jennifer is going to get a chance to do all that slithery walking, lip-licking, evil staring and stuff haha.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #298
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I don't think it's going to be better... but rather, different. Jennifer is probably the better actress (sorry Rebecca!), but Rebecca interpreted the character fantastically and almost otherworldly. Since in First Class we have a young Mystique, I don't think Jennifer is going to get a chance to do all that slithery walking, lip-licking, evil staring and stuff haha.
I'm glad for that.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #299
JP
Smelly

Rebecca's Mystique is one of the most fantastic visual creatures in modern cinema. Jennifer's Mystique will be an actual character.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #300
josh8
Side-Kick

yeah that's absolutely true. that's why I just think they can't be compared as one being better than the other. usually I would say that character development beats out 'splosions and stuff, but the visuals from Rebecca and co. were just so frickin' awesome!

Closed Thread