The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #301
Figs
Banned User

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Rebecca's Mystique is one of the most fantastic visual creatures in modern cinema. Jennifer's Mystique will be an actual character.
Well said.

I should have clarified more so I wouldn't sound like I was hating on Mystique in the previous three films. I'm just loving what I'm seeing of her in First Class.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #302
Sweet Xstacy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Surprised nobody upped this. I guess everybody was so excited about the new clips and tv spots this got lost in the shuffle.

Jennifer Lawrence answered fan questions about playing Raven Darkholme (Mystique) in X-Men: First Class on the film's official Facebook page. You can view her answers below:

Q: How does Mystique differ from the one in the other films?
This is when she's younger, so we see her grow from an insecure, curious girl into the strong powerful woman we know so well.

Q: Other than the make-up, what was the most difficult part of filming X-Men First Class?
There was a constant concern of making sure I didn't do anything to disappoint the huge fan base.

Q: What is the most fun about playing Mystique?
Once the makeup was on, I was a walking piece of art. The paint really is fascinating and beautiful.

Q: What aspect of Mystique's character did you want to convey the most?
Her strength and attitude. It was something Raven had to grow into but I think it's the most important thing about my character.

Q: What did you do to acquire Mystique's philosophy and portray her character in the movie?
I tried to understand her and learn as much as I could from the comicbooks.

Q: What do you think you have in common with this complicated and charming character?
I think we're both learning to accept ourselves in these very strange lives we're living.

Q: I know that this is a prequel movie but, I was wanting to know if we will see you in any fight sequences?
Absolutely! She may be young but she's still a badass.

Q: What can we expect from Mystique in this movie? In the trailer she seems childlish and like a romantic girl, very different from what we have seen on the original trilogy.
She does start out like a romantic insecure girl, but she grows into herself, and finds her confidence and attitude.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #303
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Charles and Raven in movie are friends since childhood.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #304
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Check out what Jennifer said about McAvoy on the latest issue (June 2011) of InStyle magazine:

"You won't like him if you don't like a man who looks at you like you're the only person in the world, who makes being one of the most talented people alive look easy, and whose dimples make you faint. Oh, and did I mention he's a humble genius?"

Jennifer most certainly developed a huge crush on James...and why wouldn't she?

And from ASOS

Jennifer Lawrence covers the June issue of ASOS magazine and talks about her overarching love for all her X-Men castmates.

“We all legitimately love each other, so filming in London was like being at a really weird summer camp. James McAvoy is one of the best, most pure-hearted guys that I’ve ever met, and Michael Fassbender is funny and great, and Zoe… I can act, literally, that is all I can do, so thank god, just for Winter’s Bone, I got lucky enough to be told I was good at it, but Zoe’s the most talented person I’ve ever met. She has the most beautiful voice, she’s a cool dancer, and she’s a fashion genius. And she can act. And she can eat a chili sandwich and still weigh four pounds. So we don’t like her, we don’t like Zoe Kravitz.”

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 05-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #305
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I like that she's quite humble herself, I knew McAvoy would be, he is British and from the northern part, we are all naturally humble, but Jennifer seems a really nice girl, and so attractive as well!

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 05-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #306
Sweet Xstacy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
Check out what Jennifer said about McAvoy on the latest issue (June 2011) of InStyle magazine:

"You won't like him if you don't like a man who looks at you like you're the only person in the world, who makes being one of the most talented people alive look easy, and whose dimples make you faint. Oh, and did I mention he's a humble genius?"

Jennifer most certainly developed a huge crush on James...and why wouldn't she?
Ah what a sweet thing to say. I agree. She's under the spell.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:12 AM   #307
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Awesome chick.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #308
Cheshire1996
Side-Kick

She seems like a fantastic person and I think she'll do Mystique justice in terms of character and acting.

Completely agree with her when it comes to McCavoy XD

Old 05-13-2011, 02:27 AM   #309
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Awesome chick.
Agreed.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #310
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSummers View Post
Charles and Raven in movie are friends since childhood.
I wonder how that works out.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #311
Great Mind(s)
Broken

It's going to make her attack on Cerebro in X1 a deeper scene...

Old 05-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #312
the a1ant
Awesome

I'm changing my opinion on the effects for Mystique. I originally said I didn't like them in the original, but the latest cg effects in the "Mystique Trailer'" when she's in bed are amazing!

Old 05-15-2011, 04:04 AM   #313
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Does anyone else get a vibe like we're going to kind of feel sorry for Mystique after this movie? She seems to start out sympathetic and kind of innocent. I wonder what happens.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #314
merbass
Side-Kick

After the submarine incident, perhaps people hate mutants no matter what. She decided to side with Erik instead.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #315
succumbtofear
Man With Chops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Aye, at first I was like "Errrrr wait a minute... If they're best friends since childhood then why would Mystique attack him so many years later without even a moments of sympathy for her old chum?"

But eh, I guess its just one of those things where events happen and time can change ones outlook or views on certain people. I know i have a few old time friends who back in the day, I could have sworn would be my best mates forever... but now days, I've just gathered enough reasons just not to care about anymore.

Seeing the deterioration of the friendships in this is what's been attracting me the most. Can't wait.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #316
The Geek Vault
Come at me bro

Mystique honestly looks like the best part of this movie to me. I'm glad we're getting a lot of back story and character development

Old 05-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #317
Cheshire1996
Side-Kick

I have to admit I loved the character trailer they made for Mystique, the special effects are 'wow'.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #318
insane polaris
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post

its definitely gonna make us think differently about the first films.

X2 was on TV (British) last week and even just from what I know about First Class so far, its already changed the way I viewed it.

just the interaction between Mystique and Magneto, became so much more important, after finding out a little of their origin.

So I cant wait to rewatch them after ive seen First class

Old 05-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #319
D.P.
Banned User

Not sure if this has been discussed here, but can someone explain to me how movieverse Mysitque's powers work?

It seems she has appendages/tendrils that lift up off of her skin to create different textures and clothes, or am I seeing things?

Old 05-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #320
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

You've answered your own question!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #321
D.P.
Banned User

Oh ok lol.

Originally, I thought they gave her that look just to make her reptilian without any real rhyme or reason to it. Later, after giving it some thought I had an idea that's what the scales were for. In the comics/animation, she kind of just forms into whatever she wants with no real logic behind it.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #322
Sentinel X
optical illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek Vault View Post
Mystique honestly looks like the best part of this movie to me. I'm glad we're getting a lot of back story and character development
For me Mystique has been the best part of ALL the X-men movies.I love her

Although as others have mentioned its weird how there is absolutely no emotional connection between her and xavier in the original trilogy. I wonder how they are going to explain that.

.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Old 05-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #323
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Yeah, and it'll seem weird how quickly and coldly Magneto walks away from Mystique when she SPOILERS?????loses her powers in X3....

Old 05-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #324
the a1ant
Awesome

Did Mystique ever have a scene to interact with Xavier in the original trilogy?

Old 05-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #325
the a1ant
Awesome

Did Mystique ever have a scene to interact with Xavier in the original trilogy?