The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #476
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

I wanna say at least 5 but the first 3 were at the beginning. Then one to Hank and then again when she left to Magneto. It did get on my nerves until she said it at the end and it all made sense why they made her say it. And the second time I saw the movie it didn't bother me at all.

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, we're all gonna die. Come watch TV. -Morty Smith
Old 06-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #477
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

I'm pretty sure it was five times.

People may not have wanted to hear her say it that many times, but it's such a powerful way of showing how much she'd grown from the beginning of the movie where she was mocking it and feeling depressed and toward the end, it had a totally different meaning.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #478
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

I'm pretty sure it was four times.

People may not have wanted to hear her say it that many times, but it's such a powerful way of showing how much she'd grown from the beginning of the movie where she was mocking it and feeling depressed and toward the end, it had a totally different meaning. The idea probably has four phases each time she uses it: mock, dismay, adopt, accept.

Last edited by SuperSoldier985; 06-29-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:14 AM   #479
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I loved how she said those three words

Mutant and Proud

So strong and so real

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 06-30-2011, 05:06 AM   #480
merbass
Side-Kick

Did anyone find this a goof in the movie ? The first time we see her in blue, she was brushing her teeth. I don't know what kind of toothpaste, but she didn't even rinse her mouth with water. The blue paint will probably come off.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:33 AM   #481
akfj
Side-Kick

Some people don't rinse their mouths out after brushing, as gross as that may sound.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #482
merbass
Side-Kick

Ewww !

Old 07-01-2011, 05:52 AM   #483
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfj View Post
Some people don't rinse their mouths out after brushing, as gross as that may sound.
LOL why would they do that?!

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #484
akfj
Side-Kick

I don't know, I guess they can't spare the small amount of time it would take.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #485
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfj View Post
That is wretched

Old 07-20-2011, 05:09 AM   #486
merbass
Side-Kick

I just remembered with the young Raven. She morphed into Charls's mother based on the picture, but how could she have known what she sounded like ? She even duplicated british accent well.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #487
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

^ she probably just faked it... which is probably how young Charles caught on that something was off, about her so, fast...

or if she did know her voice, she may of been hiding out around the property for a while before he caught her... and had over heard the mother speaking before

Old 07-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #488
merbass
Side-Kick

The latter is possible, but he caught her because she was looking for food by herself and offer to make him hot chocolate, which was impossible for her to do so !

Old 07-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #489
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
The latter is possible, but he caught her because she was looking for food by herself and offer to make him hot chocolate, which was impossible for her to do so !
If Raven hung around the house for a few hours before changing into Mrs. Xavier that would've been enough time to learn what she sounded like without learning her kitchen habits.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #490
Wefflehouse
Frick-frack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
^ she probably just faked it... which is probably how young Charles caught on that something was off, about her so, fast...

or if she did know her voice, she may of been hiding out around the property for a while before he caught her... and had over heard the mother speaking before
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
If Raven hung around the house for a few hours before changing into Mrs. Xavier that would've been enough time to learn what she sounded like without learning her kitchen habits.
I was under the impression that one reason young Charles knew that it wasn't his mother was because she had never stepped foot in that house. Am I completely making that up?

Old 07-21-2011, 03:29 AM   #491
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wefflehouse View Post
I was under the impression that one reason young Charles knew that it wasn't his mother was because she had never stepped foot in that house. Am I completely making that up?
No, that's exactly my point. And for Raven to hang around in the house, Charles would have picked up on her !

Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 AM   #492
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

why would she never be in her our house, where her son lives?
(gain she probably wasn't there very offen, but, still)

I don't recall anything like that being said or imply... he just simply said, that his mother never used the kitchen (and probably wouldn't know how to make hot coco)

Quote:
No, that's exactly my point. And for Raven to hang around in the house, Charles would have picked up on her !
not necessarily, he was still very young there, an his powers weren't fully developed

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 07-21-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #493
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:

I don't recall anything like that being said or imply... he just simply said, that his mother never used the kitchen (and probably wouldn't know how to make hot coco)

not necessarily, he was still very young there, an his powers weren't fully developed

He picked up that there was someone in the house (burglar), so it would be easy for him to pick up others like him.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #494
Wefflehouse
Frick-frack

Quote:

I don't recall anything like that being said or imply... he just simply said, that his mother never used the kitchen
I just re-watched that clip from the film and young Charles said, "My mother has never set foot in this kitchen in her life."

You were right, good on you.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #495
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

I would think if she had never been in the house, young Charles would've been alot more shocked to see her...

it did take him a minute to realize that something was a miss..
(I kinda got the impression that he was probably over joyed to see her home, wishful think on his part, that maybe his mom was really being that nice to him for a change...) so, as I said it seemed like she wasn't around much, tho

plus, he managed to get away with hiding Raven all those years in the house
(unless he just brainwashed them in to thinking they had a daughter, too lol)

I was probably way off on thinking that she could've been faking the voice, without him noticing right away... tho, her over all speak pattern could've been a clue, that something a wrong
(even if she had heard a sample of her voice, enough to mimic it, she wouldn't know all her mannerisms)

Quote:
He picked up that there was someone in the house (burglar), so it would be easy for him to pick up others like him.
he was able to pick up someone, but, obviously wasn't able to identify who it was... he was probably alone in the house at that point, with most the staff gone for the night, and believing his mother (and step father) had already left for the night as well... he wasn't expecting anyone to be there... but, if she was hiding out during the day, while the staff was around, and his presents still there, it would of masked her presence a little more

tho, of course this is all just in theory…???
(I have no idea what the thought process behind this scene was for the writes/director (if anything)

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 07-21-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:30 AM   #496
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I think Jennifer Lawrence may have been hired more for her acting ability than looks. Don't get me wrong. She's definitely hot, but I noticed that she had far more lines of dialogue than Rebecca Romijn, who was hired purely for her looks. Rebecca barely spoke at all in the X-Men films, maybe because she's just not that good an actress. Jennifer is much better as an actress, which is probably why they capitalised on this and made her more of a character this time round.

I wonder how they'll explain within the continuity of the movies why Mystique used to be quite chatty and bubbly, but then became rather laconic with not much personality when she grew older?

Old 09-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #497
merbass
Side-Kick

Perhaps she's changed due to the influence by Emma ? Also it is 30 - 40 years later. I was a different person a couple of years ago, so 40 years are big different !

Old 10-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #498
bunk
superhero fan

Thought Lawrence's performance was pretty good in this. I would have preferred if Emma's role had been beefed up and she played that character instead.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #499
MercuryFrost
Side-Kick

Something I just realized: The end credits list Mystique as being 10 years old in 1944. If this is so, she would be 28 in 1962.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #500
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryFrost View Post
Something I just realized: The end credits list Mystique as being 10 years old in 1944. If this is so, she would be 28 in 1962.
Didn't they say she ages at a slower rate?

Closed Thread