The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #626
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

So now that Mystique has gone all "Mutant and Proud",does that mean Jen will spend the whole film in make-up?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #627
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

I'm pretty sure she will spend most of her time as her "normal," non-blue self. I mean, she's Jennifer Lawrence. Perhaps she gets all preggo and doesn't want to shift her form in fear that it would harm her unborn child.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #628
JP
Smelly

Maybe the plan was to have her blue all the time, but Jennifer Lawrence skyrocketed to the top of the A list since the last film. I'm sure that changed a LOT of things.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #629
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Yeah that's the ironic thing her character became so adamant about being seen as her true self in the last flick but since then jen's gone from a relative unknown to big, they're gonna find a way to keep her out of the make-up as much as possible. Especially on the promos and posters.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #630
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

But we all know she'll be blue! I'm thinking since she kind of was a naive "teenager," she'll still have image issues, which will conflict with Magneto. What I wonder is how they're going to revisit the Hank/Raven love thing-a-ma-jig. Maybe they'll use my idea where she's impregnated (perhaps against her will) and runs away from Magneto because she doesn't want her child growing up amongst a gang of rebellious mutants and manipulated by Magneto. Anyway, she'll return to the mansion, fearing that her child would be blue, to give birth to him. It'd be Xavier and, especially, Hank who would help her. It'd be a great emotional arc and would prompt an interesting situation for the former lovers.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #631
JP
Smelly

I like.. some of that.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #632
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think they will have Mystique undercover In Jennifer Lawrence's normal form getting close to who Is target of Magneto and Brotherhood's assassination plot.We could see
a quaangle where Azarel Is Intrested In her and Mystique Is jealous of Emma around Magneto and Mystique sleeps with Azarel.

DOFP should begain Mystique's journey to Villainass.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #633
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Mystique would never return to her default, non-blue form if she plans on being in the public eye or to get close to someone of interest - she'd be have an entirely different alias. I think whatever they plan on doing with her will have her being on the down low. Maybe Charles uses new Cerebro and manipulates Raven in some way, maybe telepathically forcing her to return to the mansion so he can "reform" her. It'd be out of Charles' platonic love for her that'd he would do something like that or similar, but manipulative nonetheless. He may use Cerebro to witness her rapidly degrading down the wrong path, and he just wants to salvage her. That would play on the circular lingo from FC involving Xavier promising Raven he'd never read her mind.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #634
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

That would really create some bad blood between her and Charles once she learns of his manipulative actions. Hell, that alone could throw her over the edge.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #635
JP
Smelly

I'd like to see Magneto using Emma to slowly warp Raven's memories...

Old 09-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #636
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

That's a great idea!

Old 09-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #637
JP
Smelly

But now that I think about it, it would be even more dramatic if Xavier did the manipulation.

But Magneto doing the manipulation would work better to tarnish both the Raven/Xavier AND the Magneto/Xavier relationship.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #638
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Yeah, I think that is really smart. And Hank may be the one that tries to snap her out of the falsities. She'd be furious at Charles even if Magneto did it. She'd probably see it as a huge favor: all those years feeling terribly insecure and being pressured by Charles to be "normal" and hide... losing all the terrible, hurtful memories that have plagued her - that's got to be a freedom she would love and probably thank Magneto for. Hell, she may even agree to have it done.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #639
JP
Smelly

So many possibilities.

But I do think something like that needs to happen. The only way to explain Mystique's extreme turn against Charles by X1.

Maybe she finds out Emma has been messing with her mind, only to find out towards the end its been Erik pulling the strings the entire time.

Charles finds out that's somewhat of a "last straw" that severs their ties.

(But not really, because they still love each other )

Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #640
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

J-Lawr will totally be getting some incredible material. Which is funny seeing as how comic Mystique is pretty 'meh'. But I welcome it. I loved the character when she was played by Romijn. And I, of course, loved Jennifer in the much meatier prequel version. So bring it on. Let her have 75% of the screen time!

Old 09-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #641
JP
Smelly

I'm not against that. :x

Old 09-06-2012, 02:42 AM   #642
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
But we all know she'll be blue! I'm thinking since she kind of was a naive "teenager," she'll still have image issues, which will conflict with Magneto. What I wonder is how they're going to revisit the Hank/Raven love thing-a-ma-jig. Maybe they'll use my idea where she's impregnated (perhaps against her will) and runs away from Magneto because she doesn't want her child growing up amongst a gang of rebellious mutants and manipulated by Magneto. Anyway, she'll return to the mansion, fearing that her child would be blue, to give birth to him. It'd be Xavier and, especially, Hank who would help her. It'd be a great emotional arc and would prompt an interesting situation for the former lovers.
I like the sound of that.I really hope they'll address Nightcrawler's birth,if not in this film,then the next.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #643
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

The only problem with Jennifer being in blue makeup is that she doesn't look as good in it as Rebecca Romijn did. Don't get me wrong. Jennifer is a beautiful woman, but somehow the blue makeup suited Rebecca far better and still made her look very attractive. There's something a little less flattering with Jennifer in it. Not sure what exactly.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #644
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
The only problem with Jennifer being in blue makeup is that she doesn't look as good in it as Rebecca Romijn did. Don't get me wrong. Jennifer is a beautiful woman, but somehow the blue makeup suited Rebecca far better and still made her look very attractive. There's something a little less flattering with Jennifer in it. Not sure what exactly.
Probably because Rebecca's naturally hotter, and looks edgier. I agree with you.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #645
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I think, that being the case, they should consider revamping the blue makeup to be more flattering. Since Mystique is a shapeshifter, she can alter it to however she pleases. It could look more similar to the comics where she is blue, but still looks more human, and she wouldn't have all those scales, especially on her face.

Rebecca looks like a comic book character. Something about Jennifer's face and bodily proportions makes her look like someone dressing up as one for Halloween (albeit a very good version of the makeup). I think she's also not as statuesque as Rebecca, and you really need that to pull off this look. I'm sure a lot of other beautiful actresses might not quite be able to pull it off either.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #646
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
Mystique would never return to her default, non-blue form if she plans on being in the public eye or to get close to someone of interest - she'd be have an entirely different alias.
She's used her default human form undercover before.

Using this face in an evil scheme could be symbolic of Mystique destroying her human guise forever.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #647
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Jennifer Lawrence is still young, give her more years and her body would look very similar to Rebecca Romijn's body. As for the blue-make-up, I'm sure FOX would improve it.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #648
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Jennifer Lawrence is still young, give her more years and her body would look very similar to Rebecca Romijn's body. As for the blue-make-up, I'm sure FOX would improve it.
Nah. Jennifer's thicker than Rebecca. There are some things which can't be changed, and this is one of them. So Rebecca will always be the best looking Mystique unless FOX makes the blue makeup better.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #649
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Jennifer is rounder at the shoulders, so it gives a different look, and like comics said, she's also thicker (not just in terms of body fat content but even her bones).

Also, some girls at 22 already have a body shape more similar to Rebecca, so I don't think it's just a matter of waiting for years. It's more to do with genetics.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #650
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Yeah a model type body is pretty much a requirement for a character that spends the whole time on screen nude.

In the first film it was somewhat forgivable due to her playing a teen still i believe, however i believe the sequel will take place some time afterwards. It's no knock on jennifer lawrence per se it's just that she doesn't have a super model physique like her predecessor who was hired for that reason.

Closed Thread