The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #651
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Jennifer is just as thick as Romijn was in The Last Stand.

The problem is the guy who developed the Mystique make-up retired after X2. I think Mystique looks pretty "meh" in both X3 and First Class because of it.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #652
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

So just simplify it and paint her all blue instead, so that she actually looks more like Jennifer Lawrence in her facial features, just a different colour.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #653
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
The only problem with Jennifer being in blue makeup is that she doesn't look as good in it as Rebecca Romijn did. Don't get me wrong. Jennifer is a beautiful woman, but somehow the blue makeup suited Rebecca far better and still made her look very attractive. There's something a little less flattering with Jennifer in it. Not sure what exactly.
Jennifer's built. She's got a decent amount of muscle, but not He-Woman Man-Hater muscle - she still looks curvy and effeminate. A lot of what made Rebecca (and the character,) attractive was the way she moved. She almost slithered like a snake when she walked. And she was incredibly confident. Jennifer's playing a young, transitioning Mystique. Her posture might not be the best, you know, body language. It would certainly be quite a bit different, considering the difference in the characters' stages of life and maturity. Hank told her she'll look like a teenager for a long time. And, you know, puberty lasting for, like, thirty years would be hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
She's used her default human form undercover before.

Using this face in an evil scheme could be symbolic of Mystique destroying her human guise forever.
That's a pretty awesome point. Charles could recognize/find her and see this as a major problem for his "sister". Either way, clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Jennifer Lawrence is still young, give her more years and her body would look very similar to Rebecca Romijn's body. As for the blue-make-up, I'm sure FOX would improve it.
True that! The only makeup that didn't sit well with me was the full-body. And not because of Jennifer's body, but because everything was the same color... if the scales had a bit more detail/different color to them (a la X2) it would've looked a lot better. That's one of my favorite scenes in the film; when Mystique is revealed in front of Charles... the music and the way the camera curved around her body - love it! Anyway, I thought her face looked pretty decent when she was clothed.

Quote:
So just simplify it and paint her all blue instead, so that she actually looks more like Jennifer Lawrence in her facial features, just a different colour.
That won't work. She's in the process of accepting her blue self. And it just so happens she's scaly. It's been established. Why, if she chooses to be blue, would she rid herself of her scales? She's mutant and proud, afterall! She'd be in a constant state of focusing her ability (as Magneto proves in the training montage.) So, when she's blue, she'll have scales. And she may be a bit thicker than Romijn - thick, meaning healthy - and, since she'll likely be in similar shape (though she seems slimmer in that new horror/suspense movie) for the remainder of the series, the only thing that will/might change is the makeup (and only slightly, not removing the scales,) and her body language. I think the latter is an immensely important part in nailing it when she starts to become, personality-wise, more like Romijn's Mystique.

Oh, and for the record, I think J-Lawr is gorgeous and a phenomenal actress. She doesn't need to change a thing.

Last edited by The Original Bamfer; 09-06-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #654
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Jennifer Lawrence Is beautiful actress.She Is ocar nominated.I prefer her with Blonde
hair than dark but that Is just me.I never had problem with how she looked In Blue makeup.The sexiest scene In First Class was her waiting for magneto mophing Into rebecca Romijn and then into blue form.That scene Is on par with X2 Mystique turning Into other women In Wolverine's tent.Both sexy scenes.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #655
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Part of the problem I think with the face makeup is that for some reason, Jennifer's one gives her a slightly blanker, more docile look. I don't know if it's the way they've done her eyes or the shape of the scales on her face which makes her less expressive than Rebecca's, even though Jennifer is a more expressive actress than Rebecca.

I think they need to change the shape of the face scales. They can keep her scales on her body, but I personally think that fewer scales on her face would look more flattering, as well as making her look more like a blue Jennifer Lawrence facially to capitalise on her beauty. Maybe she also needs to not wear her hair slicked back, as she looks better with free flowing hair to suit the shape of her face.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #656
JP
Smelly

Honestly, outside of the color differences, the both look the same in those 2 photos. Same weird boobs, and same sub par make-up work.

Now if you were comparing her to X1 & 2's Mystique, I could understand.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #657
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It Is different makeup team so they couldn't get It exactly the same.It looks a lot the same.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #658
JP
Smelly

Eh, the "look" is there, but the technique is totally different, and it shows. In X2 Mystique just looked so seamless. Each scale looked like it came right out of her, and were all individual. In X3 (and First Class) they started collecting the scales into patches. So there are the two patches on their breasts, the ones on her arms, etc. It's more efficient, and takes less time to put on, but it just doesn't look as good.

When Gordon Smith left, he basically took all his techniques with him. So for X3 and First Class they had to recreate Mystique entirely from photo references.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #659
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

X-Men FC's Mystique honestly looks like she's wearing a small wooly cardigan that just happens to be the same colour as her skin, especially in that picture there.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #660
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
But we all know she'll be blue! I'm thinking since she kind of was a naive "teenager," she'll still have image issues, which will conflict with Magneto. What I wonder is how they're going to revisit the Hank/Raven love thing-a-ma-jig. Maybe they'll use my idea where she's impregnated (perhaps against her will) and runs away from Magneto because she doesn't want her child growing up amongst a gang of rebellious mutants and manipulated by Magneto. Anyway, she'll return to the mansion, fearing that her child would be blue, to give birth to him. It'd be Xavier and, especially, Hank who would help her. It'd be a great emotional arc and would prompt an interesting situation for the former lovers.
If she didn't want her kid to be manipulated by Magneto and other rebellious mutants why would she stick around?

I think she'll have a fling with Azazel, discover she's pregnant, and panic that Magneto will find out, so she'll give birth to the baby in secret and abandon him somewhere.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #661
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Jennifer Lawrence Is beautiful actress.She Is ocar nominated.I prefer her with Blonde
hair than dark but that Is just me.I never had problem with how she looked In Blue makeup.The sexiest scene In First Class was her waiting for magneto mophing Into rebecca Romijn and then into blue form.That scene Is on par with X2 Mystique turning Into other women In Wolverine's tent.Both sexy scenes.
Oh yes, it was so sexy when she morphed into Stryker.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #662
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
If she didn't want her kid to be manipulated by Magneto and other rebellious mutants why would she stick around?

I think she'll have a fling with Azazel, discover she's pregnant, and panic that Magneto will find out, so she'll give birth to the baby in secret and abandon him somewhere.
She won't want her kid growing up there because she's likely quite conflicted from joining up with Magneto after having such a cushioned life with Xavier. She can recognize that Erik is manipulative, or even that she feels she belongs there, but I bet she cares enough about the baby to want to give it a chance at a "normal" life with people who will love him and encourage him to think for himself... instead of having Erik do it for him.

And I don't buy that she'd want to be with Azazel. And I don't buy that there's really anything between her and Erik. They've already stated that they're going to revisit the Beast/Mystique relationship. And since there was so much tension between Beast and Magneto in FC, I wouldn't be surprised if Erik gets furious at Raven for even being around Hank - the anti-mutant mutant.

Last edited by The Original Bamfer; 09-06-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #663
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I wonder if Mystique will be more of an anti hero than complete villain, seeing as Jennifer Lawrence is in the role and they might want to push her more as an action heroine.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #664
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
She won't want her kid growing up there because she's likely quite conflicted from joining up with Magneto after having such a cushioned life with Xavier. She can recognize that Erik is manipulative, or even that she feels she belongs there, but I bet she cares enough about the baby to want to give it a chance at a "normal" life with people who will love him and encourage him to think for his self... instead of having Erik do it for him.
So you want to disregard canon by having Nightcrawler raised by Charles? I thought these films were supposed to be prequels to the Singer movies.

Quote:
And I don't buy that she'd want to be with Azazel. And I don't buy that there's really anything between her and Erik. They've already stated that they're going to revisit the Beast/Mystique relationship. And sense there was so much tension between the two in FC, I wouldn't be surprised if Erik gets furious at Raven for even being around Hank - the anti-mutant mutant.
I agree that she and Erik wouldn't have much of a relationship. But they could have enough of one for her to feel unfulfilled and turn to Azazel and for Erik to feel jealous of that. Like I said, her relationship with Azazel could be more in the nature of a fling than true love.

The Beast/Mystique relationship could be revisited when the Brotherhood and X-Men team up to combat some major threat.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #665
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Or maybe she'll want to play a bad girl! However, Mystique certainly has had her anti-hero moments in the comics. Who knows?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #666
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
I wonder if Mystique will be more of an anti hero than complete villain, seeing as Jennifer Lawrence is in the role and they might want to push her more as an action heroine.
I hope so. I'd like to see the entire Brotherhood in that light for the sequel, and have them develop into full villains in the third movie.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #667
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh yes, it was so sexy when she morphed into Stryker.
Obvisosly I meant Into jean,Storm,and Rogue ontop of wolverine.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #668
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
So you want to disregard canon by having Nightcrawler raised by Charles? I thought these films were supposed to be prequels to the Singer movies.

I agree that she and Erik wouldn't have much of a relationship. But they could have enough of one for her to feel unfulfilled and turn to Azazel and for Erik to feel jealous of that. Like I said, her relationship with Azazel could be more in the nature of a fling than true love.

The Beast/Mystique relationship could be revisited when the Brotherhood and X-Men team up to combat some major threat.
No, no, no. He'd totally get dropped off at the conviently-visiting circus. If it looks like I meant for him to be raised by Charles, that wasn't my intention.

You're right that she's all about getting attention - asking Charles if he'd date her, being very suggestive with Beast, kissing Magneto and trying to get with Wolverine in X2. She's all about the sex, even forty years later! But I don't see it with Azazel. He's essentially the mutant equivalent of Satan.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #669
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
No, no, no. He'd totally get dropped off at the conviently-visiting circus. If it looks like I meant for him to be raised by Charles, that wasn't my intention.
So circus people would give him a chance at a normal life, love him and encourage him to think for himself?

And as for Azazel looking like Satan, that would just make him the ultimate bad boy!

Old 09-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #670
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

I also think Mystique will witness a tragic, human-caused event that kills some mutants (Riptide and Angel, perhaps) which will send her over the edge. It may not be this movie, but I'm betting something along the likes will happen.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #671
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
So circus people would give him a chance at a normal life, love him and encourage him to think for himself?

And as for Azazel looking like Satan, that would just make him the ultimate bad boy!
Logically, yes. People are just beginning to see mutants... who or where else would accept a blue baby with pointy ears, yellow eyes, three fingers and a tail? At least in the circus, his cosmetic mutation can be seen as an act. Thus allowing him a safe place to grow up with parents who love him... pretty much exactly like in the comics.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #672
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

The problem is the make-up was never that flattering to begin with.I personally never cared for the scalely "nearly nude" look from the begining.

They should've just made her blue and wear clothes like the comics.But that's neither here nor there at this point.....

Old 09-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #673
Project862006
Banned User

^that would be boring

the scale look makes her stand out the all blue look is very bland

scale look is very cinematic and stands out more

Old 09-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #674
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

OFT
but, I just noticed from X1 - X2- X3 her scars (from Wolverine stabbing her in the first one, are in different position in each movie)
X1
http://marvel.toonzone.net/specialfe...ies/x1/161.jpg
(dead center three vertical lines going across her stomach)

X2

(still centered but, horizontally going down the stomach, instead)

X3
Quote:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Part of the problem I think with the face makeup is that for some reason, Jennifer's one gives her a slightly blanker, more docile look. I don't know if it's the way they've done her eyes or the shape of the scales on her face which makes her less expressive than Rebecca's, even though Jennifer is a more expressive actress than Rebecca.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I think they need to change the shape of the face scales. They can keep her scales on her body, but I personally think that fewer scales on her face would look more flattering, as well as making her look more like a blue Jennifer Lawrence facially to capitalise on her beauty. Maybe she also needs to not wear her hair slicked back, as she looks better with free flowing hair to suit the shape of her face.
(again, horizontally going down, but slight off to the side instead of centered)

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 09-12-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #675
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
^that would be boring

the scale look makes her stand out the all blue look is very bland

scale look is very cinematic and stands out more
Plus, it gets fanboys in a tizzy...

Closed Thread