The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #676
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Wait, wouldn't fanboys want her scale-less and clothed? Oh, right, that's the comic fanboy. Film fanboys - me - would rage if they went to all the trouble to make FC a prequel to Singer's films by providing definite references (scales, for example) and then remove the scales and put her in clothes... the whole reason she's naked in the first place is because she's all "naked and proud". She doesn't need to hide her anatomically-confusing anatomy. Girl be SO proud! But she's a literal metaphor for what the Brotherhood stands for; complete freedom.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #677
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

She should be proud as Tyra would say she looks...

FIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEERRRRRRCCCCCCEEEE!

Old 09-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #678
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Haha.

I was just thinking as I looked at the pictures of not-Tyra... has anyone else noticed that Mystique has a happy trail made of scales? A happy scale trail!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #679
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Now I can never unsee it.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #680
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Bahaha!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #681
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
Haha.

I was just thinking as I looked at the pictures of not-Tyra... has anyone else noticed that Mystique has a happy trail made of scales? A happy scale trail!!!
I don't get what you're talking about.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #682
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Ask Google.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #683
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
^that would be boring

the scale look makes her stand out the all blue look is very bland

scale look is very cinematic and stands out more
I agree!

Same with Nightcrawler having the scars on his body.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 09-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #684
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Haha.

I am surprised she didn't have a scaly tramp stamp pattern on her lower back lol

Old 09-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #685
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Wait, wouldn't fanboys want her scale-less and clothed? Oh, right, that's the comic fanboy. Film fanboys - me - would rage if they went to all the trouble to make FC a prequel to Singer's films by providing definite references (scales, for example) and then remove the scales and put her in clothes... the whole reason she's naked in the first place is because she's all "naked and proud". She doesn't need to hide her anatomically-confusing anatomy. Girl be SO proud! But she's a literal metaphor for what the Brotherhood stands for; complete freedom.
Yes I agree, it's a great take. HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind seeing her in the trademark white dress for a scene or something. I feel her in the robe in FC was a nod to it...
Or the skull or use guns. I'm not a huge fan of her comic version but I like nods and things...

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 09-10-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #686
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Yes I agree, it's a great take. HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind seeing her in the trademark white dress for a scene or something. I feel her in the robe in FC was a nod to it...
Or the skull or use guns. I'm not a huge fan of her comic version but I like nods and things...
I never thought of the robe that way! And she wears it several times throughout the movie! I think the long, gold necklace that she wore - I can't remember if she even wears it in the movie - with the long-sleeved, sleek black/blue dress was a nod to the skull decals. You can see it clearly in a promotional picture of her in the window of her room at Xavier's. Now that I think of it, I think it may have been in the Cerebro scene.

EDIT: I just noticed in the same promotional picture that she has a band of gold loops around her hips/waist. I'm pretty sure it's a nod.

Last edited by The Original Bamfer; 09-10-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:18 AM   #687
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I think she'll have a fling with Azazel, discover she's pregnant, and panic that Magneto will find out, so she'll give birth to the baby in secret and abandon him somewhere.
Nightcrawler's parents, in the movie universe's canon, are Mystique and John Wraith

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #688
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Nightcrawler's parents, in the movie universe's canon, are Mystique and John Wraith
Nope, his parents are Mystique and Azazel.

Uncanny X-Men issue 428, published in 2003, recounts the story.

Here's a few online references I quickly found:

http://www.jetwolf.com/xmen/uncanny/428.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-tzZ2DdIYw

Last edited by X-Maniac; 09-14-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #689
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I believe the Mystique Wraith thing was just in the Wolverine video game...

Old 09-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #690
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I believe the Mystique Wraith thing was just in the Wolverine video game...
Yes, and let us keep it that way.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #691
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

I think it's safe to say that Azazel was added to the Hellfire Club for reasons other than how well-received Nightcrawler was in X2.

Anyway, Flemyn jokingly screamed, "you will have my baby" to J-Lawr during wire work shooting on the Cuba crash set. That's quite telling. At the very least, we know that the cast and crew are aware of the lineage.

Last edited by The Original Bamfer; 09-14-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #692
JP
Smelly

And since Vaughn doesn't like to make a film without JF, we know he'll likely appear in every First Class film Vaughn directs.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #693
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

And in a larger role... or, at least, that's what Vaughn told him to get him to do it.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #694
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I think it's safe to say that Azazel was added to the Hellfire Club for reasons other than how well-received Nightcrawler was in X2.

Anyway, Flemyn jokingly screamed, "you will have my baby" to J-Lawr during wire work shooting on the Cuba crash set. That's quite telling. At the very least, we know that the cast and crew are aware of the lineage.
Azazel also served to nod towards the villainous mutant called Vanisher, who was in the very early comics of the 60s and is also a teleporter. Like Azazel, he had red skin. Vanisher later became a member of the Brotherhood.

The dialogue hints at an acknowledgement of Vanisher when the CIA chief hears Moira's report from the Hellfire Club and dismisses it as 'sparkly dames and vanishing men' or some such phrase.

By using Azazel rather than Vanisher, the link to Mystique and Nightcrawler could be set up, so it was a great move to use this amalgamation of characteristics. And it proved they did study the early comics rather than make random selections.

Additionally, Flemyng was great in the role, despite being hired just as Vaughn's lucky charm! He really inhabited the role and the make-up worked brilliantly.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #695
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

I agree. He had, what? Three lines? I loved him. He didn't feel like a background character like, for example, Arclight did in TLS. Hell, I felt his presence more than I did with Callisto, who was intended to be Magneto's new Mystique. The makeup was simple but incredible, and I'm pretty sure Flemyng loved it. I think the comparisons to Vanisher are just coincidental, but interesting nonetheless! I'm betting that, had this been the only chapter in the prequel saga, Azazel's main purpose was to bring the insane action Nightcrawler did, but also to bring the latter back into thought so that viewers might make the connection themselves. Alas! We get a sequel, so now they can do it for us!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #696
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I agree. He had, what? Three lines? I loved him. He didn't feel like a background character like, for example, Arclight did in TLS. Hell, I felt his presence more than I did with Callisto, who was intended to be Magneto's new Mystique. The makeup was simple but incredible, and I'm pretty sure Flemyng loved it. I think the comparisons to Vanisher are just coincidental, but interesting nonetheless! I'm betting that, had this been the only chapter in the prequel saga, Azazel's main purpose was to bring the insane action Nightcrawler did, but also to bring the latter back into thought so that viewers might make the connection themselves. Alas! We get a sequel, so now they can do it for us!
Stentz and Miller did mention their awareness of Vanisher when they were asked about Azazel while doing a panel at London Comic Con, so the acknowledgement of the character was deliberate.

Also, I believe Azazel may not have been among the initial set of character choices. It's possible that the character was incorporated when Vaughn came on board and wanted to bring Flemyng in.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #697
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

I can find out.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:38 AM   #698
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Nope, his parents are Mystique and Azazel.

Uncanny X-Men issue 428, published in 2003, recounts the story.

Here's a few online references I quickly found:

http://www.jetwolf.com/xmen/uncanny/428.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-tzZ2DdIYw
I clearly said in the movie universes canon.

The X-Men Origins: Wolverine game, besides being one of the few great movie based games, is in continuity with the movies

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-15-2012, 01:45 AM   #699
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

The films may be in canon with the game, but not the other way around. If we see Nightcrawler again, Azazel will be his father. If we don't see Kurt again, then we're not completely sure who his parents are. But the fact that Mystique and Azazel are in the same film - which takes place in the past - is a pretty big sign. They won't even consider anything about a video game (unless it serves as the basis for a film) when making a movie.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:58 AM   #700
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Vaughn didn't even perfectly line up things with the "canon" of the old films, why would he feel forced to do so with a tv-game?

Closed Thread