The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #126
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
Sounds about right to me. And considering the 60s was a time when anyone perceived to be 'different' would be subjected to abuse, it is understandable why Mystique would look like a normal human most of the time. I'm still troubled about the relationship between Mystique and Xavier and how it relates to X1 - X3.
The samething can be said for Jean, when she met Charles & Eric...in X1-X2 their wasn't a hint that she was around when Eric & Charles were still friends...just because tow character's don't interact doesn't mean there was never a connection there....In X2 it was clear that Mystique was trying to protect the school from Stryker when she could've went along w/him...so it shows that she was tyring to protect Xavier, or maybe she feels that right to take our Charles is reserved for Magneto only and not humans, villains do that, its their way of showing sympathy

Old 10-29-2010, 12:58 AM   #127
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Theres gonna be alot of continuity and plot holes that this movie will expose, just remeber that they ARE MOVIES, not real and that when they filmed the three x men movies, they weren thinking "Well were making a prequel so lets keep that in mind".

Besides just like Phoenix said, just because they never interacted doesn't mean they didn't know each other.Besides was there ever any oppurtunites for them to be in the same scene?

x1 only Magneto was in a scene with Xavier in terms of villAINS,In x2 when Magneto and Mystique were working with the X-men, Xavier was in captive, and in x3 both had small screentime,

Old 10-29-2010, 01:52 AM   #128
huzzah
Side-Kick

Doesn't matter whether they were in the same scene or not. There is no indication from the first 3 films that they even knew each other from the past let alone being close friends. Unless they do a George Lucas wth X1 - X3 and include new scenes.

Its another one of those issues where I wonder if this was absolutely necessary.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:49 AM   #129
BMM
Side-Kick

This is a non-issue, in my opinion. Just because Mystique and Xavier don't share a scene together in the previous films doesn't mean they can't be good friends in First Class. That's like saying Beast and Cyclops or Beast and Jean Grey can't be good friends in later prequels because they don't share a scene together in The Last Stand. Not everything needs to be shown in order for it to make sense. Moreover, not everything in First Class needs to line-up with the previous installments, as First Class is, most likely, the first in a trilogy of its own.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:42 AM   #130
Angamb
Banned User

that Scott-Beast example is not the same case as Mystique and Xavier.

Scott was in X3 during the first 20 minutes and Jean made him dissapear for the rest of the film.

Xavier and Mystique were in the 3 films, and we have to understand that now it feels weird if they were close friends.

Would have been perfect if Xavier would have said something about her on one movie from the trilogy, just a single quote that means he know her from the past.

Just a single quote, whatever it is.

But we have to understand that, like many have said, this prequel wasnt planned during that time, so lets accept it.

Bryan wanted to make a connection between the two in the past, so hopefully that will be developed on future movies after X3 events.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:04 AM   #131
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
that Scott-Beast example is not the same case as Mystique and Xavier.

Scott was in X3 during the first 20 minutes and Jean made him dissapear for the rest of the film.
That's not why they're different. It doesn't matter why Scott was gone or for how long. I could just as easily excuse Mystique and Xavier not interacting because, in X2, Stryker made Xavier disappear. The scenarios are different because, as you later note, Beast is in one film, while Xavier and Mystique are in three. The principle, however, is the same. This is not that big a deal. By X-Men, it's possible that over 40 years have passed since the events of First Class. A lot can transpire in that amount of time, and Mystique and Xavier need not be hung up by events that occured 4+ decades ago. Moreover, we don't even know the what the extent of Mystique and Xavier's relationship is in this movie, or what may occur in First Class 2 or 3. It's a bit early to say things won't jive, nevermind that they need to be fleshed out in sequels to The Last Stand.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:07 AM   #132
insane polaris
Side-Kick

Do we even know if Xavier will know that Raven Darkholme is Mystique.

He will know a girl at Oxford by the name of Raven Darkholme (she'll probs use a different name as well.) But he might not see her in her blue form.

In the comics, Psychics cant pick up on Mystique because her DNA is constantly changing. Thats why shes good at what she does lol.

Therefore, Xavier and Mystique can have a relationship but without Xavier truely knowing who she is. Therefore no links in X1-3.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 AM   #133
merbass
Side-Kick

In the 60's, they still have to hide their mutation, therefore Charles may know she is a mutant but by being a gentleman, he never asked her to show her true self anyway.

At the end of the movie, they must have a really bad fall out since in X1, she intentionally switched the cables in Cerebro and Charles could have died. In X2, she transformed herself into Stryker and whispered charles to kill all human and left him in the room.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:45 AM   #134
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
That's like saying Beast and Cyclops or Beast and Jean Grey can't be good friends in later prequels because they don't share a scene together in The Last Stand.
I think this is a bad example because Beast, like almost every other character, didn't care about Cyclops when he died or about Jean when she turned evil and died. So there is not much room to squeeze in tender feelings. It would be like in First Class 2 if they established Jean and Storm were as close as sisters. At least Professor X and Mystique have the excuse that they're enemies now. I actually think Professor X and Mystique are fine as friends though depending on how they handle it.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 10-29-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #135
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
Maybe Mystique is the one who cripples Xavier.
I hope not.

I think it's more likely to be Azazel, whose demonic appearance would make him an ideal substitute for the alien called Lucifer who did it the first time around.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #136
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I really doubt it's going to be Azazel. There would be really nothing behind him doing something like that story wise unless he breaks his legs to try to get on Mystique's good side or something. It would be like Wolverine getting adamantium bulleted in X-Men Origins. It does the job, but it just lacks any real weight or anything. It doesn't really add anything to the original trilogy to have that be the way it happens. If they're going to take influence from the books on that matter they're more likely to go with the Ultimate universe where Magneto crippled him after their falling out.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #137
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
I really doubt it's going to be Azazel. There would be really nothing behind him doing something like that story wise unless he breaks his legs to try to get on Mystique's good side or something. It would be like Wolverine getting adamantium bulleted in X-Men Origins. It does the job, but it just lacks any real weight or anything. It doesn't really add anything to the original trilogy to have that be the way it happens. If they're going to take influence from the books on that matter they're more likely to go with the Ultimate universe where Magneto crippled him after their falling out.
You seem very certain, considering we don't know the plot or how the character interactions will play out.

We don't even know if Xavier being crippled is the result of an accident or a deliberate, malicious act.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #138
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Of course I'm not certain. I just think it would be very weak to have Azazel be the one to cause it. It seems very doubtful that it would add any weight to the event. Of course, I don't know the plot but from what we know I will easily say Azazel would be the weakest reason for Xavier to be crippled. It's the difference between a plot element making the audience go "Oh, so that's how it happened!" and "Oh. So that's how it happened." Not that Singer and Vaughn couldn't pull it off, but just the suggestion itself with what we know so far seems really, really lame. There are plenty of other more interesting routes they can take.

Even you only suggest it because it's kinda sorta (except not really) similar to Lucifer. Lucifer didn't even look demonic. He just looked like Magneto to me except with some slight differences (like the fact his helmet was nowhere near as cool). So even if they were trying to get close to Lucifer in appearance (which is a weak reason to make the story play out that way IMO) Magneto is a better bet.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 10-29-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #139
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane polaris View Post
Do we even know if Xavier will know that Raven Darkholme is Mystique.

He will know a girl at Oxford by the name of Raven Darkholme (she'll probs use a different name as well.) But he might not see her in her blue form.

In the comics, Psychics cant pick up on Mystique because her DNA is constantly changing. Thats why shes good at what she does lol.

Therefore, Xavier and Mystique can have a relationship but without Xavier truely knowing who she is. Therefore no links in X1-3.
But wouldn't he think it was odd that he couldn't read her mind???

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
You seem very certain, considering we don't know the plot or how the character interactions will play out.

We don't even know if Xavier being crippled is the result of an accident or a deliberate, malicious act.
You seem just as sure that it is going to be Azazel All he did was say 'I doubt it's going to be Azazel'.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #140
The Wizard
Side-Kick

Yes, Charles is telepathic, one would assume he'd know her true identity.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #141
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence

It's possible she has mental disciplines that don't allow a casual psychic pass to reveal her thoughts. Charles may be the most power telepath on the planet, but he generally doesn't open up people's brains and look into them uninvited.

For all we know, she could be repeating "The Lolipop Guild" song from the Wizard of Oz inside her head anytime she's around Xavier.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #142
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBO3315a View Post
It's possible she has mental disciplines that don't allow a casual psychic pass to reveal her thoughts. Charles may be the most power telepath on the planet, but he generally doesn't open up people's brains and look into them uninvited.

For all we know, she could be repeating "The Lolipop Guild" song from the Wizard of Oz inside her head anytime she's around Xavier.
But that would be suspicious. I am going to guess Charles as you said, has no reason to prod into her mind so he doesn't do it unless he has to. I will also guess that when Charles does find out who she really is, this will be the first time she transforms into Mystique. I can see it now. Charles saying "This isn't really you," then a slow pan up as Raven turns into Mystique. FABULOUS

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."

Last edited by chaseter; 11-01-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #143
The Wizard
Side-Kick

Wonder what Mystique's doing at Oxford, if we can safely say that's where she first meets Charles. As she's a teenager, I don't see her being a student; Charles is getting PhD's in theology and philosophy at Oxford, so I wonder how they'll tie all this together.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #144
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
But that would be suspicious. I am going to guess Charles as you said, has no reason to prod into her mine so he doesn't do it unless he has to. I will also guess that when Charles does find out who she really is, this will be the first time she transforms into Mystique. I can see it now. Charles saying "This isn't really you," then a slow pan up as Raven turns into Mystique. FABULOUS
Something like that would be really good.

It would add some drama to Charles life. I like that.

One of the first dissapointments with relationships.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:45 AM   #145
the a1ant
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
That's not why they're different. It doesn't matter why Scott was gone or for how long. I could just as easily excuse Mystique and Xavier not interacting because, in X2, Stryker made Xavier disappear. The scenarios are different because, as you later note, Beast is in one film, while Xavier and Mystique are in three. The principle, however, is the same. This is not that big a deal. By X-Men, it's possible that over 40 years have passed since the events of First Class. A lot can transpire in that amount of time, and Mystique and Xavier need not be hung up by events that occured 4+ decades ago. Moreover, we don't even know the what the extent of Mystique and Xavier's relationship is in this movie, or what may occur in First Class 2 or 3. It's a bit early to say things won't jive, nevermind that they need to be fleshed out in sequels to The Last Stand.
Agreed on everything.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #146
JP
Smelly

If Jennifer wins the Oscar, or is even nominated, it's gonna be reaalllllly good for this movie.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #147
Electrix
Side-Kick

Would an Oscar winning actress be willing to spend hours getting painted blue when she could be leading other films? A win would be great for the film, but may cause some contract negotiations further down the line.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #148
chaseter
Bland User

She won't even be nominated. These movies get passed over like brussel sprouts at a Thanksgiving dinner.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #149
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

I would say she's in the top 2 right now, along with Natalie Portman.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #150
chaseter
Bland User

I think I am a bit confused now...are people suggesting that Lawrence will be nominated for her role in the X-Men prequel or another movie???

Closed Thread