The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #151
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I think I am a bit confused now...are people suggesting that Lawrence will be nominated for her role in the X-Men prequel or another movie???
Winter's Bone. At least, that's what I thought we were talking about.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #152
chaseter
Bland User

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

I thought they were talking about her being nominated in this movie and I was thinking..WTF!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #153
JP
To me

I'm talking about Winters Bone. The film she's getting recognition for. The film she has Oscar buzz for, and the film she's spent most of last week doing press for.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #154
chaseter
Bland User

I know that now but your post on the last page kind of came out of nowhere so I was confused. We were talking about Charles and Raven for an entire page and then Jennifer may win the Oscar!?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #155
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

She was incredible in Winter's Bone, I'd love to see her get nominated for it. But I don't see that helping this movie at all.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #156
Bluefire
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I'm kind of happy with this news. We got more than enough of her in the first three films, don't need to go all out again. I just hope she doesn't have those unnecessary scales again. Give her an actual outfit.

i disagree. it's not mystique unless she's exposed in her true form whenever she gets the chance. this 10% news is total crap. as for the scales. i liked them, i just thought it was ridiculous that they put them all over her face and i really despised the wig.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #157
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

i thought the scales were good...they wanted to give her a chameleon look/feel and it worked...i think the bob Rebecca had in some promotional images for X3, looked good in those pics, but I don't think it would have translated well onto the big screen

but hopefully they give her a different look, maybe try the bob cut look again or give her some kind of leather outfit...to show her progression into the nude Mystique

Old 11-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #158
Bluefire
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Cool short interview. Lawrence says she hasn't got many stunts in the film...until the end.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

barely any stunts? AWFUL. its bad enough that visually shes not anywhere near rebecca stamos but now shes not even going to attempt to kick butt like mystique in the films? i for one am not pleased with any of this news.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #159
JP
To me

Ok.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #160
Bluefire
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
i thought the scales were good...they wanted to give her a chameleon look/feel and it worked...i think the bob Rebecca had in some promotional images for X3, looked good in those pics, but I don't think it would have translated well onto the big screen

but hopefully they give her a different look, maybe try the bob cut look again or give her some kind of leather outfit...to show her progression into the nude Mystique
what bob cut pic?

Old 11-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #161
BMM
Side-Kick

The one featured on The Last Stand's Blu-ray box art, among other things.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #162
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
i disagree. it's not mystique unless she's exposed in her true form whenever she gets the chance.
By the same logic it's not Professor X if he's walking and has a head full of hair.

This is a thing called an origin film...

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 11-01-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 AM   #163
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
barely any stunts? AWFUL. its bad enough that visually shes not anywhere near rebecca stamos but now shes not even going to attempt to kick butt like mystique in the films? i for one am not pleased with any of this news.
It's Rebecca Romjin for years now !

I guess they want to give Charles and Eric more spotlight in the movie since they are the main focus. Others have to revolve around them. Perhaps she might be used briefly but more memorable !

Old 12-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #164
JP
To me

Brilliant.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #165
the a1ant
Awesome

I'm glad she was involved in that project. Really interesting series of videos.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #166
Angamb
Banned User

Appart from Moira and Emma, she will be the female with more screentime.

She is Mystique, not some random mutant.

The developtment of her character will be one of the most interesting things to watch, along with her performance, and the bad things humans did to her in the past.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #167
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
AX: A lot of people are excited about seeing you play Mystique in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS next year. She’s probably my favorite character. What’s it like going through that body paint job that Rebecca Romijn previously endured?

LAWRENCE: For most of the movie, I’m “me” as Raven Darkholme. This is before she’s a mutant and proud as Mystique. In FIRST CLASS, Raven’s more of an insecure teenager who’s dealing with the insecurity that she’s blue and scaly. Then she learns to start embracing it. For that, I went through the body paint many times. It’s six to eight hours to put on. And it would be hell if it wasn’t for my makeup girls. We just have so much fun watching SEX AND THE CITYthe whole time. The only problem is that when I’m done standing up or sitting on a bicycle seat for so many hours, I’m ready to go home, but I’ve got to start work right away.

AX: Is it liberating playing an empowered character who’s literally naked to the world?

LAWRENCE: I definitely have gotten used to walking around in my skivvies. I don’t know if that gave me empowerment as much as it took all of my modesty away!

AX: Mystique’s appeal is how she uses her sensuality as a weapon. What’s your personal take on the character?

LAWRENCE: In a sense, Rebecca Romijn and I are playing two different Mystiques. Her version is comfortable, and badass in her own skin, but my Raven is about figuring herself out, and wondering if it would be better to remain in her natural form.

AX: So I imagine we’ll have a scene with Raven’s liberating moment of ripping her cloths off?

LAWRENCE: I don’t know. Stay tuned!

AX: Another great quality about Mystique is her agility. What are the physical demands of the part like?

LAWRENCE: All of the cast that are playing X-Men are all going through training. I personally trained for two hours a day, except when I was being body painted. I did kick boxing, stretching and yoga, but it’s really my stunt girl who’s going to be doing more than me.

AX: One of my favorite films of the year was Class director Matthew Vaughan’s KICK ASS. Is he going for a similarly satirical tone here, or will his X-MEN be more serious?

LAWRENCE: Matthew’s an incredible director. He’s very smart, and has a cool style. While I don’t think he’s trying to be too serious here, he’s also not making the film jokey. About the only word that comes to mind when you’re looking around the set to get a feeling for what this film will be is “Cool!” I definitely trust in Matthew.

http://assignmentx.com/2010/intervie...-winters-bone/

Old 12-11-2010, 01:34 AM   #168
Crockett
With Teeth

I watched "Winter's Bone" and she was fantastic in it, I like the sound of before embracing her mutant power as Mystique she was insecure and most of the time "normal".

Old 12-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #169
Bluefire
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
By the same logic it's not Professor X if he's walking and has a head full of hair.

This is a thing called an origin film...

who cares about professor x he could be green for all i care.this is about raven!

Old 12-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #170
Electrix
Side-Kick

Jennifer Lawrence received a Golden Globe nomination today. She's up against Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman and Michelle Williams.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #171
JP
To me

So happy for her!

Old 12-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #172
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Just Imagne she could be up for an oscar before First Class comes out.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #173
JP
To me

At this point, that's almost a guarantee.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #174
Electrix
Side-Kick

Natalie Portman may stop her, but being nominated will get her name out there. She could be this years Carey Mulligan (unknown nominated for an Oscar, gets buzz for every role)

Old 12-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #175
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Jennifer Is almost certainly going to be up for an oscar.And this could be some attention to first Class.Some of the more mainstream press may cover her next film project which Is playing Mystique.So far apart from Internet poaces almost noone writes anything about X-Men First Class.

Closed Thread